Portola Springs land dev North of Bluffs,Hillside and Highland? adjacent to 241?

Skunkworks

Saw some grading going on out there off of Whispering Hills as it transitions into Portola Springs and adjacent to the 241. I'm familiar with the dev plans for Bluffs and Hillside build outs but was wondering if this is more of Highland or something that I missed on City Planning agendas. Doubtful its Highland on that side of road.

Skunkworks said:
Saw some grading going on out there off of Whispering Hills as it transitions into Portola Springs and adjacent to the 241. I'm familiar with the dev plans for Bluffs and Hillside build outs but was wondering if this is more of Highland or something that I missed on City Planning agendas. Doubtful its Highland on that side of road.

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

Native American ancient remains are all over Portola Springs and even Stonegate:
https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13214.msg265525.html#msg265525

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1242.msg13891.html#msg13891

Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

While I'm a fan of Poltergeist... no thank you. 

Is there any info on this site.

Skunkworks said:
Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

Sorry I was joking.

Possibilities are -
1. Park
2. IRWD facility (There are a lot of these getting built now days. Some examples are at Woodbury East and Eastwood.)
3. More homes
4. Access to 241

Skunkworks said:
Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

Actual info on this site?  No...just us retards posting retarded shit.

I see you have poked your toe into the water....Care for a swim?

;)  Yeah...I?m new have been lurking. Oh... I?ve played on many boards since the days of Prodigy to MIRC et al.

I?m fine with Mety?s cemetery joke and like to goof off like most (Thanks Mety for idea #s 1 - 4 listed), just was curious seeing that somewhat flat parcel after driving past it a couple of times going through that area being dev?d.  Also I?m tired of clicking through the Irvine planning site agendas. Just wondering if more retail in that part of town might pop up. But doubt it so close to those new communities and it not having ingress and direct egress to Portola Pkwy.

zubs said:
Skunkworks said:
Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

Skunkworks said:
;)  Yeah...I?m new have been lurking. Oh... I?ve played on many boards since the days of Prodigy to MIRC et al.

I?m fine with Mety?s cemetery joke and like to goof off like most (Thanks Mety for idea #s 1 - 4 listed), just was curious seeing that somewhat flat parcel after driving past it a couple of times going through that area being dev?d.  Also I?m tired of clicking through the Irvine planning site agendas. Just wondering if more retail in that part of town might pop up. But doubt it so close to those new communities and it not having ingress and direct egress to Portola Pkwy.

zubs said:
Skunkworks said:
Mety said:
Skunkworks said:

A cemetery?  JK  ;D

portola springs community park if it's the site listed below

uLRJRVX.png

http://gis.cityofirvine.org/PDF/FPP/SR213421.pdf

Thanks Kings.

The parcel I was looking at was further south east just across the street from your reference on the other side of Portola Pkwy also next to the 241.  Went back a planning agenda from August 2017 and it was proposed for zoning as residential as expected.  The development appears to not yet be public knowledge yet.. unless I missed it.

Yeah, we're not quite sure where you're talking about. There is Spectrum Montessori coming in between Portola Pkwy and 241 according to the city development. That would be around where it says Community Park in that image Inc posted.

lnc said:
Which area are you referring too?  The PS neighborhood N5B has 4 sub-enclaves and the empty one will be build in the future.  The info I got was also from 2017. 
https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15684.msg316915.html#msg316915

index.php

Sorry for not being clearer,

Using the image and the "N-5B" text as a center point... I was referring to the 12 o'clock parcel.
Hillside and Bluffs are at 9 o'clock and Highland is 5 o'clock and also N-5B parcel correct?

Skunkworks said:

Using the image and the "N-5B" text as a center point... I was referring to the 12 o'clock parcel.
Hillside and Bluffs are at 9 o'clock and Highland is 5 o'clock and also N-5B parcel correct?

Got it.  Here's another map of the area and the area you are referring to are labeled as lot 5 in this map.

Lot 5 is going to be future housing but have not see any proposed plan yet.  This is a pretty good area, good elevation and potential view lots. 

Attachments

• PS 5B 5C map.jpg
    PS 5B 5C map.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 441
lnc said:
Skunkworks said:

Got it.  Here's another map of the area and the area you are referring to are labeled as lot 5 in this map.

Lot 5 is going to be future housing but have not see any proposed plan yet.  This is a pretty good area, good elevation and potential view lots.

True, but some homes would be right next to 241.

My guess is that the parcel of land will be condos since it is so close to the toll roads.  I think the really expensive view lot homes go in that area 4-5 O'clock of N-5B. 

Back