Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence  (Read 6289 times)

Offline aquabliss

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 167
  • -Received: 680
Re: Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2019, 07:54:15 AM »
Lots of additional SW Engineers, Technical Program Managers and Support staff needed, but this is a much different skill level than the jobs the automation is replacing.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 99
  • -Received: 340
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2019, 11:55:39 AM »
Lots of additional SW Engineers, Technical Program Managers and Support staff needed, but this is a much different skill level than the jobs the automation is replacing.

Lol, oh its coming for those too.

BTW, 2030 is closer than the housing bubble pop.

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 631
  • -Received: 360
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2019, 01:21:34 PM »
The last job

(Note:  youtube will not load in chrome, you need to use different browser)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2093
  • -Received: 1663
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2019, 08:58:45 AM »

Let me know when AI will replace real estate agents so I can retire.  :D
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Kenkoko

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 57
  • -Received: 91
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »

It's already happening.

Big money is coming into real estate. Private capital invested in real estate technology companies increased from $28 million in 2008 to a projected $3 billion in 2018, with almost all of it going to disruptive brokerages, not ad-driven listing-search sites.Over that same period, a boom for real estate, the largest holding company of traditional real estate brokerages, Realogy, lost nearly 60% of its market value, despite five straight years of increasing revenues.
https://www.redfin.com/blog/housing-impact-of-2008-financial-crisis/

The realtor lobby also no longer has the absolute stranglehold on our legislature. The National Association of Realtors, one of the largest and wealthiest lobby groups in the U.S., emerged from the recent tax overhaul hobbled and humbled.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/realtors-licking-their-wounds-get-ready-for-their-next-battle-1515538892

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2019, 09:09:50 AM »

It's already happening.

Big money is coming into real estate. Private capital invested in real estate technology companies increased from $28 million in 2008 to a projected $3 billion in 2018, with almost all of it going to disruptive brokerages, not ad-driven listing-search sites.Over that same period, a boom for real estate, the largest holding company of traditional real estate brokerages, Realogy, lost nearly 60% of its market value, despite five straight years of increasing revenues.
https://www.redfin.com/blog/housing-impact-of-2008-financial-crisis/

The realtor lobby also no longer has the absolute stranglehold on our legislature. The National Association of Realtors, one of the largest and wealthiest lobby groups in the U.S., emerged from the recent tax overhaul hobbled and humbled.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/realtors-licking-their-wounds-get-ready-for-their-next-battle-1515538892

Not sure how Redfin, Zillow, Offerpad, or any other of the other new disruptor companies have eliminated the need for humans to be involved in completing a real estate transaction. For all of these companies (especially the public ones), at some point it'll be all about the profits and last I checked they were all losing money.  Innovation and all is great but it has to be profitable.  Zillow's home flipping arm couldn't seem to make money, what's the deal?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/zillows-stock-plummets-after-q2-earnings-disappoint-143225540.html
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2437
  • -Received: 1551
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2019, 10:49:08 AM »
We are in the early stages of real estate technology. I don’t think it will ever eliminate the need for human involvement but the human involvement may not be in the form of agents, probably back end support staff to process the paperwork and low paid people to show the homes. Amazon was not profitable when it started and now it’s a beast. Only time will tell.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2019, 02:49:02 PM »
We are in the early stages of real estate technology. I don’t think it will ever eliminate the need for human involvement but the human involvement may not be in the form of agents, probably back end support staff to process the paperwork and low paid people to show the homes. Amazon was not profitable when it started and now it’s a beast. Only time will tell.

I'm sure the machines will take over with real estate too but I'm be long retired when that happens.  :D
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links