Author Topic: Elderberry should I a buy?  (Read 9344 times)

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 15
Re: Elderberry should I a buy?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »
Was just at elderberry with a client. The biggest lots left available for anyone looking or if you're an agent and have buyers looking are lots 36 and 60.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline Behzad

• Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 06:43:00 AM »
Hi

I visited Elderberry last week and liked the community and layouts. I hear mixed reviews abut KB homes. We love plan 3 and we think it is more functional. Any comments on the community, developer, floor plans, upgrades, etc?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:23:36 PM by Behzad »

Offline zubs

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 423
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
Every builder uses the same construction companies and home depot day laborers....It's the customer service after you build your home that sets the builders apart.  This was talked about a few years back.

Does Lennar, KB, New homes company, Toll Bros, etc. have their own in house construction company?  I dunno.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Prototype

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 36
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
I've heard mixed reviews about KB Homes, as builder, but I really like that PS5A neighborhood that Elderberry is placed. All detached homes, spacious, nice views and park/pool right in the middle. 

I have a friend who owns an Elderberry home and seems to really like it. Other options in that neighborhood are Legado (may be sold out), Juniper and Montara.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 102
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 10:56:08 AM »
I think I mentioned it early in this thread or maybe another, but the lots are really small compared to the size of the house, and I think the larger lots were in the first couple of phases.  This may be true for most new builds now unless you get the coveted larger lot.  Wife and I looked at Elderberry at one point too (is Mountaineer still around, we considered buying in PS) but we wanted a larger yard and 3 car garage if we could find it.

I believe it was Plan 2s downstairs and Plan 3s upstairs we liked, but it could be flipped, it's been awhile, we visited 2+ years ago. 

Offline sphinx99

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2020, 10:51:55 PM »
I might sound like one of the disgruntled folks (why not, everyone has an experience to share) ....

please don't but any of the KB Home properties, especially Elderberry - the company has no empathy for their customers, they nickel-n-dime you, have a really low rating with customer satisfaction, overpriced/overrated!

They decided not to build lots that have been in contract without giving you any updates for months, make you wait indefinitely holding on to your earnest deposit, don't negotiate with you for an alternative, and when you are feeling miserable & decide to leave - your money is theirs to keep!

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2020, 02:33:52 PM »
I think I mentioned it early in this thread or maybe another, but the lots are really small compared to the size of the house, and I think the larger lots were in the first couple of phases.  This may be true for most new builds now unless you get the coveted larger lot.  Wife and I looked at Elderberry at one point too (is Mountaineer still around, we considered buying in PS) but we wanted a larger yard and 3 car garage if we could find it.

I believe it was Plan 2s downstairs and Plan 3s upstairs we liked, but it could be flipped, it's been awhile, we visited 2+ years ago.

They still a few large lots available
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 102
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2020, 09:14:47 PM »

> than 6000/7000 sq ft? 

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 84
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2020, 10:40:05 PM »
Are they forcing buyers to pay for solar here? It's a new 2020 CA mandate - but I've found builders don't always comply.
Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:

https://ts.la/jonathan28387

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2305
  • -Received: 1831
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2020, 09:05:09 AM »
Are they forcing buyers to pay for solar here? It's a new 2020 CA mandate - but I've found builders don't always comply.

It depends on when the permits for the tract were pulled, not when the home was built.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Behzad

• Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »

A basic solar system is included in the purchase price as an standard option. You can pay extra to extend it to a larger unit I believe.

Offline sphinx99

• Thanks
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »
Did anyone cancel their contract with Elderberry and got their earnest deposit back? KB corporate is a terrible builder who will squabble for $25k (yes it's a tiny drop for them and a huge deal for an individual like me)!

Offline the.irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2020, 10:07:05 PM »
Did anyone cancel their contract with Elderberry and got their earnest deposit back? KB corporate is a terrible builder who will squabble for $25k (yes it's a tiny drop for them and a huge deal for an individual like me)!

Do you have a genuine reason to cancel or just change of mind?

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2020, 10:24:16 PM »

> than 6000/7000 sq ft?

One left over that size that I know of.

Yes I know a couple clients that did and got it back. What’s the reason for you pulling out?
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline sphinx99

• Thanks
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »