Author Topic: Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts  (Read 33650 times)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 596
  • -Received: 902
  • Mmmm....people.....
Re: Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts
« Reply #555 on: February 01, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

I support this practice as a "reasonable gun control measure" - providing action is taken within some reasonable boundaries - example: If I knock on a an X=GF door once do I get my gun taken away? Hope not. If I knock all the time, yes, certainly this should be the case.

One thing noticeable is that some of these are “voluntary surrenders”. Not all of the confiscations are police grabs. I wonder if the voluntary ones can also get their weapons back? Not saying they should, but if they can.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of these weapons were unregistered.

http://www.sdnews.com/view/full_story/27625737/article-City-Attorney-obtains-100th-gun-violence-restraining-order?instance=sdnews

Online morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 267
  • -Received: 297
Re: Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts
« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
I agree, you wanna change gun laws then you have to amend the constitution..not gonna happen.  All this is spin and talk. In the end nothing will change we move on to the next cycle.  Someone will trot out my most hated quote "This is not us" or "this is not who we are" when in actuality..."this is exactly us!", learn to live with it.

And a year later...nothing...as predicted.

A year after US school massacre, gun control remains elusive

https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/02/14/19/a-year-after-us-school-massacre-gun-control-remains-elusive

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: When would be next housing Bottom? by curious george
[Today at 12:54:02 PM]

Re: The Investigation by Kings
[Today at 12:12:20 PM]

Re: Artificial Intelligence by bitmaster20
[Today at 09:09:14 AM]