Author Topic: Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts  (Read 39526 times)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 620
  • -Received: 920
  • Mmmm....people.....
Re: Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts
« Reply #555 on: February 01, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

I support this practice as a "reasonable gun control measure" - providing action is taken within some reasonable boundaries - example: If I knock on a an X=GF door once do I get my gun taken away? Hope not. If I knock all the time, yes, certainly this should be the case.

One thing noticeable is that some of these are “voluntary surrenders”. Not all of the confiscations are police grabs. I wonder if the voluntary ones can also get their weapons back? Not saying they should, but if they can.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of these weapons were unregistered.

http://www.sdnews.com/view/full_story/27625737/article-City-Attorney-obtains-100th-gun-violence-restraining-order?instance=sdnews

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 326
« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
I agree, you wanna change gun laws then you have to amend the constitution..not gonna happen.  All this is spin and talk. In the end nothing will change we move on to the next cycle.  Someone will trot out my most hated quote "This is not us" or "this is not who we are" when in actuality..."this is exactly us!", learn to live with it.

And a year later...nothing...as predicted.

A year after US school massacre, gun control remains elusive

https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/02/14/19/a-year-after-us-school-massacre-gun-control-remains-elusive

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508

Offline Kenkoko

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 57
  • -Received: 91
« Reply #558 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
nothing to be done again: 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-respond-reports-school-shooting-colorado-202604626--abc-news-topstories.html

I'm from Taiwan where 0% of people own guns and live happy lives. Here in the US we have 400 million guns, enough to arm every men,women, and child.

I will never understand why Americans are willing to put their kids through this.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #559 on: May 07, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »

I will never understand why Americans are willing to put their kids through this.

Cause dang it..one day your government may come and take you away and you want to be able to defend yourself!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #560 on: May 07, 2019, 09:59:21 PM »
They could try.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #561 on: May 07, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
Crazy comes in all stripes.

Liberal, Trump-hating shooter, 18, is identified as one of two students who pulled gun from a guitar case and shot dead one Denver high school classmate and injured seven others

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7003307/Two-injured-shots-fired-Denver-school.html

• Thanks
  • Mmmm....people.....
« Reply #562 on: May 08, 2019, 05:45:10 AM »
That was a "wow" article on the shooters.

These killings won't get the usual media coverage because:

A) The shooters didn't use an AR-15

B) The shooter was a leftist.

C) The other shooter was "Transitioning"

Or D) All of the above because these facts go against narrative.

I know some howl everytime its brought up, but the majority of all mass shooters have lived through parents who have divorced, therapy drug use, or both.  We see this again here with this school shooting. Rather than taking guns away from the law abiding, narrowing any gun control first steps down to a few tell tale indicators might be a wise pathway forward.

My .02c

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2019, 08:11:27 AM »

I know some howl everytime its brought up, but the majority of all mass shooters have lived through parents who have divorced, therapy drug use, or both.  We see this again here with this school shooting. Rather than taking guns away from the law abiding, narrowing any gun control first steps down to a few tell tale indicators might be a wise pathway forward.

My .02c

Why is that a "wow" article?   Who talked about taking guns away from everyone? 

So your conclusion is that we should take away the rights of those who have divorced parents and/or use therapy drugs instead of gun control?   

Weird that it's the first reaction you have on something like this...but it's basically the reaction I get from most gun owners..."WHAT ABOUT MY GUNS".

• Thanks
  • Mmmm....people.....
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2019, 08:28:15 AM »
It's a "Wow" article because if you read or listen to just about any US based media outlet, one would have thought the shooters suddenly woke up yesterday morning and decided to go on a Columbine style rampage. KNX (CBS News) had this story as their lead at 8:00 AM. Zero info on motive, weapons used, and other tropes found in the anti-2A movement. The media silence about these key factors speaks loudly about agenda, and not about preventing violence.

Yes, if your on psychotropic meds your access to weapons should be limited to tasers. Yes, if you are under 18, the child of divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior, and if the parents are gun owners they should be counseled about what the indicators are for violence. Yes, also, parents of shooters must be jailed for negligence. Do not pass "Go", Do not Collect $200. Straight to Jail.

That IMHO is a starting point for reasonable gun control.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2019, 08:44:57 AM »
It's a "Wow" article because if you read or listen to just about any US based media outlet, one would have thought the shooters suddenly woke up yesterday morning and decided to go on a Columbine style rampage. KNX (CBS News) had this story as their lead at 8:00 AM. Zero info on motive, weapons used, and other tropes found in the anti-2A movement. The media silence about these key factors speaks loudly about agenda, and not about preventing violence.

Yes, if your on psychotropic meds your access to weapons should be limited to tasers. Yes, if you are under 18, the child of divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior, and if the parents are gun owners they should be counseled about what the indicators are for violence. Yes, also, parents of shooters must be jailed for negligence. Do not pass "Go", Do not Collect $200. Straight to Jail.

That IMHO is a starting point for reasonable gun control.

Why are we talking about the media...are any of us a member of the media?  Did anyone talk about the media?  It seems like that's the first thing that gun owners jump to.  I am about solutions, not spin.

What is consider psychotropic meds?  What percentage of kids/people who take "psychotropic meds" shoot up schools or other people?

I would say that many children who have divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior.  What is considered anti-social behavior?  So if the parent is busy working 3 jobs to support his or her family because he or she is divorced and the kid goes shoots people, the parent should be jailed..no questions asked?

Weird that you accept and promote this level of rights intrusions on children and parents but not as to whether we should have similar levels of rights intrusion for gunowners.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #566 on: May 08, 2019, 07:59:47 PM »
This kid has been screaming for help, someone let him down.

Transgender Denver high school student is identified as 'second gunman who killed one classmate and wounded eight', as friends refer to him as a 'tortured soul' who 'didn't get the support he needed'

Alec McKinney has been accused of killing one classmate, injuring eiAlec McKinney has been accused of killing one classmate, injuring eight others
Allegedly stormed STEM School Highlands Ranch with friend Devon Erickson
Authorities have been describing McKinney as a female juvenile named Maya
But friends confirmed McKinney identifies as male and prefers to be called 'Alec'
When McKinney appeared in court, attorney said he preferred the pronoun 'he'
Friends have taken to McKinney's Instagram to reveal he was suffering from mental health issues and 'desperately needed' help

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7008381/Classmates-reveal-second-Denver-gunman-transgender-didnt-support-needed.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #567 on: May 09, 2019, 10:43:04 PM »
These kids get it right...

STEM students storm out, chant ‘mental health’ when gun-control activist, Dems politicize vigil for victims

Dozens, if not hundreds, of STEM School Highlands Ranch students walked out in anger Wednesday evening after two congressional Democrats and a far-left group politicized a vigil for a student who was killed during a mass shooting at the Colorado school Tuesday.

As noted by Saavedra, she demonized pro-Second Amendment politicians, asked the students to elect Democrats into office and requested that they raise money for gun control advocates.

After walking out on her politicized speech, the students reportedly chanted “mental health,” held their own vigil outside and then later returned to the auditorium to blast Democrats and their allies with Moms Demand Action for disrespecting them.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/05/09/stem-students-storm-out-chant-mental-health-when-gun-control-activist-politicians-hijack-vigil-for-victims-753054

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #568 on: May 15, 2019, 11:10:02 AM »

My .02c

Wow, SGIP, you called it almost perfectly...

Why the Media Suddenly Lost Interest in the Latest School Shooting

After the shooting, other than some virtue signaling by the media, the story has left the front pages, as the narrative may be inconvenient for the leftist agenda. CNN and MSNBC have lived up to their reputation as “drive-by media” by quickly moving on. No interviews with David Hogg or other gun control fanatics. So, what are some of the inconvenient aspects to this story that the media would prefer to drive by without any discussion or analysis?

Let’s start with the weapons. The two shooters, “opened fire with handguns that were concealed in a guitar case”, as reported by the Daily Mail in an unexpected good faith effort at honest journalism. Handguns? What happened to those evil AR-15’s or “assault weapons” that Democrats and the media constantly warn about? These are what the Huffington Post calls “weapons of war.”
This was not the narrative that the media wanted to report on. They would prefer David Hogg ranting and raving, blaming Trump, the NRA, and toxic white masculinity for the shooting. How inconvenient that the affected students chanted “mental health” and didn’t join in the predictable politicization of a tragedy by the left.

One of the two shooters didn’t fit this mold. He was anti-Christian, critical of President Trump, a registered Democrat, and supportive of left-wing Occupy Democrats. In other words, his views were perfectly aligned with the Democrat Party base, a perspective big media would prefer to avoid discussing.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/why_the_media_suddenly_lost_interest_in_the_latest_school_shooting.html#ixzz5o1Awdpq2

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 339
  • -Received: 588
« Reply #569 on: May 15, 2019, 11:45:52 AM »
Always making excuses.
 The other post blames it on the divorce parents. I guess we can also look at the food diet of shooters. Maybe that had too much soda or too much junk food and their brain is not acting right. Lol (Come on give me a break!)

It’s not the same as we grew up and before that. Times are changing. I repeat times are changing.

Fix America because it’s like out of control. (Opioids and violence)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:59:31 AM by eyephone »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by zubs
[Today at 02:42:28 PM]

Re: God? by Panda
[Today at 12:06:39 PM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by eyephone