Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 389602 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2205
  • -Received: 3589
  • 3CWG
Re: President Trump
« Reply #2490 on: August 26, 2019, 06:56:26 AM »
Well... not a new wall. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 294
  • -Received: 292
« Reply #2491 on: August 26, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »
Well... not a new wall. :)

oh, is it a new wall that you want?  trump has so much charisma that private companies are building a new wall for him  ;)

Privately Funded Border Wall Near Completion In New Mexico

Initial sections of fencing for a privately funded border wall were installed last weekend in Sunland Park, N.M., as the result of a crowdfunding effort that went live in December.

On Thursday, the leaders of the project showed off the nearly completed section of wall, running across rough terrain next to where the official border barrier ends. Project leaders said they have mapped out at least 10 other spots along the border where they could build more wall.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/31/728332148/privately-funded-border-wall-near-completion-in-new-mexico

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2205
  • -Received: 3589
  • 3CWG
« Reply #2492 on: August 26, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
I actually prefer "privately funded" walls... or anything else our taxes doesn't pay for. :)

Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 294
  • -Received: 292
« Reply #2493 on: August 26, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »
I actually prefer "privately funded" walls... or anything else our taxes doesn't pay for. :)

i agree! 

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 576
  • -Received: 399
« Reply #2494 on: October 22, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »

Well, this is reason to celebrate then!!

CNN: Why some say Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it
Yes, US taxpayers have been footing the bill for efforts to build new physical barriers at the US-Mexico border.

But experts note that Mexico's massive deployment of National Guard troops over the past few months has played a major role in blocking migrants from reaching the US border in the first place. It's a point Trump himself has made at several recent events -- a dramatic change in tone from his sharp criticisms of Mexico earlier this year.

"I would like to thank President López Obrador of Mexico for the great cooperation we are receiving, and for right now putting 27,000 troops on our southern border," Trump told the United Nations General Assembly last month. "Mexico is showing us great respect, and I respect them in return."

A few days later, Trump told reporters he was "using Mexico to protect our border" because Democrats weren't doing enough to fix the immigration system.

And last week, acting US Customs and Border Protection chief Mark Morgan praised Mexico on Twitter, sharing a news story about the October 12 operation to turn back the latest caravan.

"Mexico's enhanced border security efforts along their southern border continue to have a dramatic impact on this regional crisis," he wrote. "I just returned from Mexico where we had collaborative discussions on stemming the flow of illegal migration throughout the region."

Not everyone is praising the increased collaboration.

In a recent New York Times column -- headlined "Mexico is the wall" -- Univision anchor Jorge Ramos noted that Trump's comments that he was "using Mexico" had riled many Mexicans.

"It's true: President Trump is using Mexico. And, against all logic, Mexico is letting him get away with it," he wrote. "This has to change."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/americas/mexico-border-wall-trump/index.html

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 576
  • -Received: 399
« Reply #2495 on: December 09, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
Don’t Look Now, But Things Are Getting Brighter for Trump
The economy appears to be in a much better place than experts feared: good news for an incumbent president heading into an election year. In its analysis of the November jobs report, Bloomberg Economics lowered its projection of 2020 year-end unemployment to an astounding 3.3 percent and forecast “U.S. Election Day Unemployment to Be Lowest Since ’52.” A rate that low will surely get a few mentions at Trump rallies.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-09/don-t-look-now-but-things-are-getting-brighter-for-trump?srnd=businessweek-v2

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 346
  • -Received: 378
« Reply #2496 on: December 09, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
Do you still feel this way? That's not a "few percentage points".  That's 13% ago, not counting the beginning of the year run up.

Yes - this is why I sold my stocks (at least index funds ) at 2750 area and am happily sitting in fixed income and munis now  . I am ok missing a few percentage points upside here until I am convinced that the earnings recession is behind us .

But my original point stands — after the corporate boondoggle and loot of these past couple decades you are about to see a shift in labor share of income RELATIVE to corporate profits .

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: The Investigation by nosuchreality
[Today at 06:58:38 PM]

Re: The Investigation by eyephone
[Today at 02:24:55 PM]

Re: Portola Springs odors by irvine buyer
[Today at 08:53:47 AM]