Author Topic: Presidential Elections  (Read 388719 times)

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
Re: Presidential Elections
« Reply #1935 on: November 18, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »
Today would be good

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 612
  • -Received: 565
« Reply #1936 on: November 18, 2020, 04:25:47 PM »
I agree.

Is there a date by when he needs to concede?

I don't even care if he ever concedes...I just want him to put country before himself first.  Refusing to allow his subordinates to prepare for a potential transfer of power is ridiculous and anti-American.

The Trump team has prepared legally required transition memos describing policy challenges, but there are no discussions about actions they could take or pause. Instead, the White House is barreling ahead. A second official tells CNN their goal is to set so many fires that it will be hard for the Biden administration to put them all out.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/politics/trump-biden-natsec-transition-fires/index.html

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2705
  • -Received: 1791
« Reply #1937 on: November 18, 2020, 04:50:48 PM »
Not sure if you guys know but the election is over. Biden won :-)

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 612
  • -Received: 565
« Reply #1938 on: November 19, 2020, 10:28:32 AM »
Not sure if you guys know but the election is over. Biden won :-)

Tell Trump and his supporters that...also the GOP.

A GOP member of the canvassing board in Wayne County, Mich., said President Trump called her earlier this week after she and another Republican on the board initially refused to certify election results showing President-elect Joe Biden as the winner of the presidential election.

Monica Palmer confirmed to The Washington Post that Trump called her on Tuesday night after she and William Hartmann balked at approving the election results. The two eventually relented and certified the results, but on Wednesday both Palmer and Hartmann sought to rescind their certification.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/526687-michigan-republican-who-balked-at-certifying-election-results-says

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 95
  • -Received: 34
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
« Reply #1939 on: November 19, 2020, 06:50:25 PM »
Real election is December 14.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 155
  • -Received: 244
« Reply #1940 on: November 20, 2020, 03:42:13 PM »
I don't buy a lot of the media narratives out there about why Trump isn't conceding.

I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’

Or something ridiculous the left wing media loves to throw out there - 'chaos is what he loves’

I think he (and his team) knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy. This defines his every action. What we’re seeing is a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression. It's a desperate endgame play - to create enough chaos and  anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, and the fear of irreparable damage to the system. All that so he can cut a Nixon style deal in exchange for finally conceding.

It isn't about personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos and threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2614
  • -Received: 3955
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1941 on: November 20, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »
Where you been Ken?

I thought I saw you dancing in the streets on President Elect Saturday. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1942 on: November 20, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »
Where you been Ken?

I thought I saw you dancing in the streets on President Elect Saturday. :)

Escaped to Asia (Taiwan)

and now back to this terrible reality.

Hi IHO  :)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2614
  • -Received: 3955
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1943 on: November 20, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »
Should have probably stayed in Taiwan.

Covid going to get crazy here. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
« Reply #1944 on: November 20, 2020, 04:23:28 PM »
I don't buy a lot of the media narratives out there about why Trump isn't conceding.

I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’

Or something ridiculous the left wing media loves to throw out there - 'chaos is what he loves’

I think he (and his team) knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy. This defines his every action. What we’re seeing is a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression. It's a desperate endgame play - to create enough chaos and  anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, and the fear of irreparable damage to the system. All that so he can cut a Nixon style deal in exchange for finally conceding.

It isn't about personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos and threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit.

The reports have been going on for months that Ex-President Trump and all his family have been terrified of all the criminal charges that will be levelled on them after he leaves office.

The New York state AG and Manhattan DA most likely have cases ready to go.

I think there's literally like 5 cases of Covid in Taiwan right now?

600+ TOTAL for the entire pandemic, and most of the latest case are from people arriving from outside of the country.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1945 on: November 20, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
Should have probably stayed in Taiwan.

Covid going to get crazy here. :)

Unfortunately, I can't remote work forever. Also vacation days ran out   :'(

It's night and day difference. Coming back is really a big adjustment, not a happy camper right now.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1946 on: November 20, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »

The reports have been going on for months that Ex-President Trump and all his family have been terrified of all the criminal charges that will be levelled on them after he leaves office.

The New York state AG and Manhattan DA most likely have cases ready to go.

I think there's literally like 5 cases of Covid in Taiwan right now?

600+ TOTAL for the entire pandemic, and most of the latest case are from people arriving from outside of the country.

Covid is very much under control over there.

They really have their act together over there. They have everything from contact tracing programs to designated transport from airport to hotel / home. It makes one appreciate institutional competence a lot.

At first, it was not fun to be forced quarantined for 14 days right after I landed.

But after that, it was as if COVID was never a thing. We got to live and enjoy life almost like normal.

Regarding Trump, I hope the incoming administration calls his bluff instead of giving him some brokered settlement.

Offline StarmanMBA

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 82
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #1947 on: November 21, 2020, 03:09:47 AM »
http://DemocratInsanity.blogspot.com

"Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician and I'll show you a crook." - Harry S Truman

Biden got rich and has only been a politician, and a very racist one at that.  Not that any Democrat cares, mind you.....

Texas Southern University:  “We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing,” Biden said

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*** things up." - Barack Obama, the worst president in American history

http://BarackObamaisms.blogspot.com

"There are only two kinds of people, decent and indecent." - Elie Wiesel

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:29:58 pm »
qwerty
Hey StarmanMBA - go fuck yourself :-)

The following members thanked this post;
Burn That Belly, id_rather_be_racing, misme, eyephone, fortune11, spootieho, CompressedVillage

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 744
« Reply #1948 on: December 14, 2020, 03:28:33 PM »
It’s official William Barr will step down as Attorney General of the US according to Trump.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 744
« Reply #1949 on: December 14, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »
It is official Biden gets the electoral votes to become the next president of the United States.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Yesterday at 11:53:22 PM]

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Yesterday at 11:49:55 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:44:40 PM]