Author Topic: Cariz at PS  (Read 34593 times)

Offline Laniakea

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 22
Re: Cariz at PS
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
The analisys here in TI toward PS disadvantage has always been itchy to me, especially when compared to SG & PP.
Come on people. Let's be realistic, logical, and smart.

What is so that wrong with 0.8 mile more inland than SG and practically it's just across the street from PP?
Hop on a car to start driving to WB town center & I-5. It makes only 3-5 mins difference max than SG & PP.

I actually prefer PS to SG & WB.
You will know if you really try to feel for it. PS is situated on the higher ground with hills and wider streets, more nature, and outstanding parks. Also some view lots are even better than some of the new homes at HC.
I really don't understand why PS is so roughly treated by lots of people here..

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2730
  • -Received: 1824
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
It's just people rationalizing why they bought in one hood vs another. As someone who doesn't live in irvine now so I have no horse in the race and used to rent in Woodbury I completely agree. I have been preaching this for years

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 445
  • -Received: 398
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »
The analisys here in TI toward PS disadvantage has always been itchy to me, especially when compared to SG & PP.

What is so that wrong with 0.8 mile more inland than SG and practically it's just across the street from PP?
Hop on a car to start driving to WB town center & I-5. It makes only 3-5 mins difference max than SG & PP.

You will know if you really try to feel for it. PS is situated on the higher ground with hills and wider streets, more nature, and outstanding parks. Also some view lots are even better than some of the new homes at HC.
You can blame the Irvine Company for failing to properly market PS.  TIC always gave PS short shrift compared to its contemporary Woodbury.  TIC screwed PS out of its promised retail center, regional park, and school (until this fall).  I believe it was because TIC did not want PS to take sales from Woodbury, which was designed as a follow on to TIC's beloved Northpark.  TIC considers Northpark and Quail Hill to be its crown jewel villages to be used as models for future villages.
At the time PS began, it was sort of isolated and that turned a lot of people off.  Obviously, that's not true any more.  The view from Serra is of Irvine and Newport and you can see Catalina Island.  That's the best feng shui with your back to the mountains and facing the ocean, not the crap feng shui of so called coastal Hidden Canyon with its back to the ocean.  The talk about the jail and the landfill near PS are all bs: PP is closer to the jail and Stonegate is closer to the landfill.  If you live in PS, think of yourself as lucky to have found a hidden gem.  The value of PS should increase in the future with all the expensive new houses going up around it.  Heck, PS now shares its 92618 zip code with $3 mil homes (Hidden Canyon).

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 212
  • -Received: 1177
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
not all of PS is created equal. The area where Cariz is located is prob the worst part.  It has none of the elevation perks and is located on a sliver next to the 133 toll road. All the homes there are attached condos and the motorcourt Sage homes.  I find each "enclave" of PS to be totally different.  IMO, the one with the large Serra homes is the best enclave. Although some of the upcoming enclaves may be nicer.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 489
  • -Received: 768
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 06:35:22 PM »

1. Award winning school in SG not PS
2. Retail Shops plan scrapped at PS
3. The neighborhoods at PS didn't sell fast compared to SG and CV.

Offline Laniakea

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 22
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Bty.. What the hell is going on the top of the hill behind PS thou? It seems so much bigger now. Are they building "Open Canyon"?

Offline OC_relocation

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 13
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 08:32:44 PM »
Bty.. What the hell is going on the top of the hill behind PS thou? It seems so much bigger now. Are they building "Open Canyon"?

Is that a landfill?

Offline OC_relocation

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 13
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »
We r living in PS and I agree most of the things written here bad about PS r not true.

It's location is very good. I would prefer it over SG and CV which r flat. Honestly it's not far at all from WB town center , it only takes 5 minutes max to get to Ralph's and Traders joes.
 With brand new school slated to open this fall would be great for our kids.
Landfill is not a issue, I agree it should be problem if any for SG and PP more than PS.
It's very calm and nice here. It only takes few minutes walk to get into mountains for evening stroll :)

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 324
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »

Landslide remediation from the April 2014 East Loma landslide.

http://cams.ocgov.com/Web_Publisher/Agenda09_30_2014_files/images/A14-001436.HTM

Offline paperboyNC

• Thanks
  • -Given: 367
  • -Received: 274
  • Portola Springs
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 09:09:23 AM »
I live in Portola Springs as well. It will definitely be valued higher once the Elementary school opens, but if I were a buyer I would demand to know what happened to the community park & retail. It seems wrong that they can just take those away from us and not compensate us.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2730
  • -Received: 1824
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
I live in Portola Springs as well. It will definitely be valued higher once the Elementary school opens, but if I were a buyer I would demand to know what happened to the community park & retail. It seems wrong that they can just take those away from us and not compensate us.

There is a school right around the corner that was built about four years ago in Columbus square that is not even being used as the elemntery school. Gasman has been paying taxes for this school for 7 years that he gets no benefit from.  They don't owe you compensation for anything. Can you say pipe dream? :-)

Offline gld2

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 118
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 09:22:35 AM »
I am wondering where the community park of PS will be located?   

Offline gasman

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 26
  • -Received: 109
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »
There is a school right around the corner that was built about four years ago in Columbus square that is not even being used as the elemntery school. Gasman has been paying taxes for this school for 7 years that he gets no benefit from.  They don't owe you compensation for anything. Can you say pipe dream? :-)

DAMN SKIPPY.  If I can't get a refund on my CFD payments, nobody can!

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2652
  • -Received: 3995
  • 3CWG
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
They are building a ghost community center right under yaliu's house and he's not getting any compensation.

:)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 212
  • -Received: 1177
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 09:28:05 AM »
"Demand to know." Haha. Prob would make more sense for current PS residents to petition/protest/march.  Lookie loos have no leverage. And TIC isn't even selling the homes. 3rd party builders are. They know nothing about the master plan.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner
[Yesterday at 09:23:26 PM]

Re: Work situation? by daedalus
[Yesterday at 05:51:35 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 05:49:20 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by USCTrojanCPA