White granite options

i1 said:
lnc said:
Have you consider using both caesarstone and granite for your kitchen?

There's trend of using caesarstone at the surrounding and granite at the island.  This way, you will have a clean looking surround and a more bold, focal point  island. 
+1. really like this look

Yes I originally wanted this look but the price through the design center was double just to do 2 different types of stone in the kitchen. Another $$ making scheme I suppose.

So if we don 't like the granite or get sick of it over the island I might change it up after COE or in a few years. Plus once the paint, flooring, furniture, backsplash and all of it is in place it's so much easier from a design perspective to know what looks best on that large island!

iHeartIrvine said:
A photo from 58 Forbes showing the contrasting colors.

Wow beautiful! Do you know what stone counter that is? Is it granite? The other IN look is the kitchen island cabinetry is a different finish from the outer cabinets.

Paris167 said:
Wow beautiful! Do you know what stone counter that is? Is it granite? The other IN look is the kitchen island cabinetry is a different finish from the outer cabinets.

Sorry, no clue.  Looks like granite to me. 

Stumble upon an old thread also about white granite.  I believe the granite in the picture is Fantastic White. 

ps9 said:
whitecabwhitegranite_zps92107137.jpg

white on white on espresso... agree with qwerty, need something to contrast or else nothing will jump out at you... assume you got one of those ginormous IP kitchens?  Those granite islands must cost a fortune.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3141.msg48151.html#quickreply

If you haven't already check out houzz.com or download the app. Great source for ideas for your house and they usually have info on the materials used.  Be warned- highly addictive if you're in the designing phase.

My 2 cents- white or light granite and marble look great, but are only practical if you only plan on looking at your kitchen, not living in it.  Have to make sure it's sealed regularly, and every juice box looks like a grenade.  We used caesarstone on the countertops and marble on the backsplash. I still stress about it.

qwerty said:
I would agree.

Paris - did u end up picking your color/slabs?

Yes I finally did choose since I had to meet the DC deadline.  I almost got Alaska White (which looks a little like the Bianco antico) but ultimately wanted a more subdued granite - decided on white ice since I'll have some black/ grey tones in the kitchen. The granite is not completely white (has some light cream undertones) but will go well with my light cream cabinets. We'll see how it looks, it's tough until it all comes together.

Once it's in there if we totally hate it then I can at least switch out just the island granite to our that is whiter in color. But I agree, that marble looks amazing until you're actually using your kitchen, then it becomes a nightmare!

I'll post a pic once it's all done to get some opinions on TI  ;D

Back