Which credit card do you use the most?

Paris said:
I know our society labels debt as a bad thing but you can use debt to your advantage. We like using other people's money (aka the bank) to invest and make more money than the interest we pay on the loan, esp since interest is cheap these days. Some of the wealthiest people I know use debt to their advantage.

I hope you don't borrow from your home to fund your side business, or use your personal credit cards with unfavorable terms to your advantage.

eyephone said:
Paris said:
I know our society labels debt as a bad thing but you can use debt to your advantage. We like using other people's money (aka the bank) to invest and make more money than the interest we pay on the loan, esp since interest is cheap these days. Some of the wealthiest people I know use debt to their advantage.

I hope you don't borrow from your home to fund your side business, or use your personal credit cards with unfavorable terms to your advantage.

We're a little smarter than that so NO.  ;)
Personal finances are always separate from business finances under the S Corp and LLC.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

We're a little smarter than that so NO.  ;)
Personal finances are always separate from business finances under the S Corp and LLC.

I thought you mentioned before your side business is a success? If so, why do you need a line of credit or long term loan for your business? (fund operations?, cap ex?) How are your gross margins?

New chase ultimate rewards for next quarter is 5% restaurants and wholesale clubs (Costco included).  Remember to activate.

Also if you haven't finished the $1500 allocated for 5% groceries this quarter ending 6/30, stock up on some GCs.  I just got 9x$100 Amazon GCs at Albertsons to meet my quota. 

Chase Sapphire card is accumulating nicely, already got my 50k bonus as well as the authorized user bonus.  Referred my wife for her own card which should net me another 10k.  And then repeat again with her card and then combine our points for our Asia trip next summer.

ps9 said:
New chase ultimate rewards for next quarter is 5% restaurants and wholesale clubs (Costco included).  Remember to activate.

Also if you haven't finished the $1500 allocated for 5% groceries this quarter ending 6/30, stock up on some GCs.  I just got 9x$100 Amazon GCs at Albertsons to meet my quota. 

Chase Sapphire card is accumulating nicely, already got my 50k bonus as well as the authorized user bonus.  Referred my wife for her own card which should net me another 10k.  And then repeat again with her card and then combine our points for our Asia trip next summer.
Nobody can beat PS9 on mortgage rates, no. of refinancing, accumulating reward points, and enjoying good food.  You are an inspiration (truly, I am not being sarcastic).  Why pay unnessarily more money to others and why not optimize the reward for your own enjoyment and best of all thanks for sharing and giving us the opportunity to act on it too.  Please keep it coming.

looks like everyone with VISA is going after Costco members. Chase, BoA..

ps9 said:

Got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited, my 2nd Chase card approved within 6 months, 1.5% back on everything, pretty much like Cap One's Quicksilver card.  Main advantage is that it feeds into Chase Ultimate Rewards, so a natural pairing to Chase Sapphire Preferred.  $150 bonus for $500 spent 1st 3 months.  There is a foreign transaction fee of 3% but if you got Sapphire it doesn't matter.  Will be go to card for anything that nets only 1% back on Sapphire and non bonus category for the old Chase Freedom. 

ps9 said:
Got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited, my 2nd Chase card approved within 6 months, 1.5% back on everything, pretty much like Cap One's Quicksilver card.  Main advantage is that it feeds into Chase Ultimate Rewards, so a natural pairing to Chase Sapphire Preferred.  $150 bonus for $500 spent 1st 3 months.  There is a foreign transaction fee of 3% but if you got Sapphire it doesn't matter.  Will be go to card for anything that nets only 1% back on Sapphire and non bonus category for the old Chase Freedom. 

I use the Citi Double Cash Master Card-- 2% on everything/no annual fee/no limits/3% foreign transaction fee.

Now I'm looking for a card to use for international travel without an annual fee.

iacrenter said:
ps9 said:

I use the Citi Double Cash Master Card-- 2% on everything/no annual fee/no limits/3% foreign transaction fee.

Now I'm looking for a card to use for international travel without an annual fee.

Capital One Quicksilver is 1.5% with no annual fee.

I believe discover does not charge international fee and there is no annual fee. However, it is not accepted widely outside United States.

Wife and I are dying to open one each as soon as we COE.

This card is an absolute no brainer for even someone who travels once or twice a year.  The $300 credit is applied very liberally, so effective annual fee is $150.  100k points is an absolute spectacular bonus, and the 1.5 cents per point conversion in the Ultimate Rewards portal is just added icing on the cake.

Let me put it this way.  200k in points will pay for an extravagant one week getaway.  You just need to do your homework on transfer partners and redemption tactics.

ps9 said:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sapphire/reservehttps://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/chase-sapphire-reserve-review/http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/how-i-got-the-chase-sapphire-reserve/

So who's applying for this new Chase Sapphire Reserve card?  $450 annual fee with $75 per authorized user, $300 annual travel credit, 100k bonus points after spending $4k in first 3 months, 3xpoints for dining out....etc... etc..

wow

How about you give some examples on transfer partners and redemption tatics?

id_rather_be_racing said:
Let me put it this way.  200k in points will pay for an extravagant one week getaway.  You just need to do your homework on transfer partners and redemption tactics.

ps9 said:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sapphire/reservehttps://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/chase-sapphire-reserve-review/http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/how-i-got-the-chase-sapphire-reserve/

So who's applying for this new Chase Sapphire Reserve card?  $450 annual fee with $75 per authorized user, $300 annual travel credit, 100k bonus points after spending $4k in first 3 months, 3xpoints for dining out....etc... etc..

wow

Lots of info in the flyertalk forums, I applied already.  Didn't get approved immediately, hopefully I get it.  It'll be my 5th chase CC. 

@racing
So both you and your wife gonna apply at the same time?  I would stagger it, unless you guys can charge $8000 in 3 months to capture the bonus points...

Yeah, a lot of good information on flyertalk, r/churning, and thepointsguy.com

Not planning on staggering.  Let's put it this way;  We'll easily hit 8k spend after COE. Planning on doing flooring outside, appliances, and furniture.  I'd open 2 each if i could  ;D

ps9 said:
Lots of info in the flyertalk forums, I applied already.  Didn't get approved immediately, hopefully I get it.  It'll be my 5th chase CC. 

@racing
So both you and your wife gonna apply at the same time?  I would stagger it, unless you guys can charge $8000 in 3 months to capture the bonus points...

I'm 2 lazy to research: just give me some examples

Yeah, a lot of good information on flyertalk, r/churning, and thepointsguy.com

Not planning on staggering.  Let's put it this way;  We'll easily hit 8k spend after COE. Planning on doing flooring outside, appliances, and furniture.  I'd open 2 each if i could  ;D

ps9 said:

@racing

One of my favorite redemption methods was transferring to British Avios and redeeming on AA flights (which you could search for on AA and searching for SAAVER tickets).  Much better redemption rates for domestic flights.  However, I've had a hard time finding tickets as AA is getting stingier by the day with awarding partner airline award tickets, but 7500 points for one way tickets could be had if your dates are flexible.

It really depends on where you want to go and statuses you already have.  PM me if you want more, I'd have to dig through all my bookmarks at home.  Maybe I'll start a new thread as a vacation consultant  8)

eyephone said:
How about you give some examples on transfer partners and redemption tatics?

ps9 said:

wow

$450 annual fee+$75 per user! WTF! I'm too in love with my no annual fee cash back cards.

(I'm assuming that the $300 travel credit is only good for the initial year of enrollment).

The $300 travel credit is good every calendar year.  Technically you are getting 2x $300 travel credits within the first year of card ownership, netting you $150 to own the card first year + 100k points.

Also, most annual fee cash back cards do not have travel partner transfer options, but UR is awesome in that Chase Freedom points can be used as travel points as long as you own a card under a travel program (e.g. Chase Freedom + Chase Sapphire Preferred/Reserve).

I usually get at least 2 cents per point in value from each Chase UR point, so if travel is your endgoal, the CSR with the Freedom card would be an absolute killer combo.

iacrenter said:
$450 annual fee+$75 per user! WTF! I'm too in love with my no annual fee cash back cards.

(I'm assuming that the $300 travel credit is only good for the initial year of enrollment).

One of my favorite redemption methods was transferring to British Avios and redeeming on AA flights (which you could search for on AA and searching for SAAVER tickets).  Much better redemption rates for domestic flights.  However, I've had a hard time finding tickets as AA is getting stingier by the day with awarding partner airline award tickets, but 7500 points for one way tickets could be had if your dates are flexible.

I've been using Avios for LAX-Hawaii flights for the past few years.  I've noticed for my trip this year that it's VERY difficult to find availability now.  I'm guessing it's because AA got rid of being able to redeem for Hawaiian Air flights.  3 less flights a day to redeem on!

Back