Where do you breakfast?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ok, I'll see if I can call in my order at 1:59pm tomorrow.
They most likely won't answer the phone.

I talked to one of the servers and asked her what times are not busy and she said 6:30am is probably the best time.

Even at 2pm when they are closing, there is still a line sometimes.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Ok, I'll see if I can call in my order at 1:59pm tomorrow.
They most likely won't answer the phone.

I talked to one of the servers and asked her what times are not busy and she said 6:30am is probably the best time.

Even at 2pm when they are closing, there is still a line sometimes.

Hmmm, so I need to wake up at 6am to get these pancakes?  Ok, I'm game. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got the banana & mac pancakes this morning and I even bumped into IHO.  Small world.
So how'd you like it?

Not that big a deal right?

We got there at 6:40am and we're the only ones there. The SO wanted to compare the eggs bennie to Snooze as we were there yesterday very early too but there were more people.

As I predicted, Snooze is too frufru.

Next up, Four Seas. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Got the banana & mac pancakes this morning and I even bumped into IHO.  Small world.
So how'd you like it?

Not that big a deal right?

We got there at 6:40am and we're the only ones there. The SO wanted to compare the eggs bennie to Snooze as we were there yesterday very early too but there were more people.

As I predicted, Snooze is too frufru.

Next up, Four Seas. :)

They were good but not sure they are waking up at 6:30am good (I like my sleep).  haha

Met some friends at Snooze this past weekend, wait was too long so we went to Stacks. We got their pancakes, pork benedict, waffle and none of it can be spoken highly of. My wife and our friends felt the same way, we won't be back to Stacks.

Only 1 register going which created a line. As my friend said, you could buy another iPad and get the line going quicker if they didn't want another full on register. About 70% of the seating inside the restaurant was empty while there was a line outside. 

We actually had Soup Plantation's brunch this weekend too, and I felt their waffles were better than Stacks.

USCTrojanCPA said:
They were good but not sure they are waking up at 6:30am good (I like my sleep).  haha

If you're at SCP on a weekend afternoon they have all day breakfast at Pacific Whey in Crystal Court, pretty good too.  It was nice to walk the mall on Sunday and around 2pm have an Eggs Benedict while watching the Chargers game at Pacific Whey. 

aquabliss said:
If you're at SCP on a weekend afternoon they have all day breakfast at Pacific Whey in Crystal Court, pretty good too.  It was nice to walk the mall on Sunday and around 2pm have an Eggs Benedict while watching the Chargers game at Pacific Whey.
I wish the shops on Sunday didn't open so late.  My kids like running around the mall (especially nice when it is hot outside). 

irvinehomeowner said:
I thought Pacific Whey's breakfast was all day already.

My kid had a pancake breakfast for dinner last week.
Those were the pancakes from the morning. They make enough and then just reheat them later if people order (until they run out). 

GUYS! have u guys tried snooze yet?

oh my gosh, it is worth the wait!!!

I got the benny duo (ham and the pulled pork benedict)
Snooze deluxe (think of hashbrowns mixed in with choice of 2 meats/vege I picked ham and sausage, add cheese and an egg on top) amazingggggggg
and the breakfast pancake platter thing (3 pancakes of choice, 1 can be French toast too)

It's so much better than stacks and ihop. It gets my stamp of approval
Also coffee outside is free, so stock up, then don't buy inside *Asian tip of the day*

We tried to eat at Snooze last weekend, did the app thing where you sign up before driving down there, was quoted an hour by the system.  We decided not to chance it and just ate at Las Fajitas.  After we ate and went home, got the text that our table is ready at Snooze.  About 1 hr and 45 minutes later.  Not worth the wait for any restaurant in Irvine let alone some fancy breakfast place.

Las Fajitas was pretty good.  Get the shredded beef machaca burrito, tasty.

ps9 said:
We tried to eat at Snooze last weekend, did the app thing where you sign up before driving down there, was quoted an hour by the system.  We decided not to chance it and just ate at Las Fajitas.  After we ate and went home, got the text that our table is ready at Snooze.  About 1 hr and 45 minutes later.  Not worth the wait for any restaurant in Irvine let alone some fancy breakfast place.

Las Fajitas was pretty good.  Get the shredded beef machaca burrito, tasty.

The wait at Snooze sounds more like Shin Sen Gumi. Maybe they need to develop an app as well.

I like Stacks for breakfast but wish we had an Original Pancake House. I just love their Dutch Baby.

dutch-baby-pancakes.jpg

Guys, if you go to Snooze use the NO WAIT app and grab your place in line from home.  When there is like 5-7 parties left ahead of you, then drive to Snooze.  We've done this twice and our wait is less than 5 minutes each time we arrive. 

If their wait times are so damn long, why don't they just open another restaurant in the area?  Strike while the iron is hot.

Back