What's coming in orchard hills shopping center?

Looks like it's true.  It has the coming soon sign at Shop Irvine Company website below.

Attachments

• IMG_0403.PNG
    IMG_0403.PNG
    321.9 KB · Views: 307
Glad they'll be back!! What a fiasco it was though. FTC forces them to sell due to the merger. Small time Haggen buys them and then declares bankruptcy 6 months later. Pavilions moves back in again.

So, FTC what was the whole point of forcing the sale if the end result is the same as the beginning? A lot of people lost their jobs over this forced sale.

I'm happy to see Pavilions coming back but puzzled why Albertson would bother investing in a store it sold. It is very close to an existing Albertson and the OH location has not had a stellar track record. I'm guessing TIC had to lower the rent.

I still think a smaller footprint grocery store like Sprouts or Wholefoods 360 would do better in the area.

iacrenter said:
I'm happy to see Pavilions coming back but puzzled why Albertson would bother investing in a store it sold. It is very close to an existing Albertson and the OH location has not had a stellar track record. I'm guessing TIC had to lower the rent.

I still think a smaller footprint grocery store like Sprouts or Wholefoods 360 would do better in the area.

I would imagine that the 1,000 residential units that have been built in the adjacent community over the past 2 years (plus the 3,190 units to be built over the next ten years) was a major factor in deciding to come back.

Figures provided by TIC:http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/media/3884/retailbrochure-orchardhillsshoppingcenter.pdf

As a resident at the Groves, I am ecstatic to see Pavilions return. Now I won't have to drive all the way to Northpark's Albertsons to do some late-night grocery shopping! Sure, it's only a couple miles further down Culver, but that's a couple miles too much IMO. If I wanted to live miles away from the nearest grocery store, I would've decided to live in PS.

Villager said:
As a resident at the Groves, I am ecstatic to see Pavilions return. Now I won't have to drive all the way to Northpark's Albertsons to do some late-night grocery shopping! Sure, it's only a couple miles further down Culver, but that's a couple miles too much IMO. If I wanted to live miles away from the nearest grocery store, I would've decided to live in PS.

agreed 100%.

Villager said:
If I wanted to live miles away from the nearest grocery store, I would've decided to live in PS.

Lol. From a friend's address in OH to orchard hills shopping center: 1.2miles, 4min.

From my address in PS to Ralph's in WTC: 1.9miles, 5min .

Also only 6min from OH center...

paperboyNC said:
Villager said:
If I wanted to live miles away from the nearest grocery store, I would've decided to live in PS.

Lol. From a friend's address in OH to orchard hills shopping center: 1.2miles, 4min.

Maybe it's psychological ie if the WTC were called Portola Springs Center than it would seem closer even if in the identical same spot? In any case probably more convenient that the Hidden Canyon folks who have to trek to Albertsons in Quail Hill Center or Turtle Ridge folks who have to trek to Ralphs in Newport Coast.

Why did they leave in the first place?  Not enough traffic?  With all the new houses built, it seems the business plan will finally workout.  They were one of the groups that was screwed by the Irvine company when OH was delayed for 5 years.

zubs said:
Why did they leave in the first place?  Not enough traffic?  With all the new houses built, it seems the business plan will finally workout.  They were one of the groups that was screwed by the Irvine company when OH was delayed for 5 years.
Forced to sell as part of the merge with Albertsons. 

paperboyNC said:
Villager said:

I'm just relaying what I took into consideration when chosing where to purchase on this side of Irvine. Personally, having a grocery store that could be accessed without having to deal with any traffic lights was a huge plus. From my address in OH, I could get to the Orchard Hills Shopping Center in as little as a one minute.

UPDATE on Pavilions:
Lots of employees and managers moving in and out of the store today. It looks like they will be opening soon. I even saw them installing the new Pavilions sign at the shopping center entrance.

iacrenter said:
UPDATE on Pavilions:
Lots of employees and managers moving in and out of the store today. It looks like they will be opening soon. I even saw them installing the new Pavilions sign at the shopping center entrance.

Wonder if it will do better this time around.

Back