What types of restaurant/food establishment are missing?

Roger said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

There's already a Popeye's in Santa Ana, but not enough black people in Irvine to support either a Church's or Popeye's.  Jollibee at Seafood City near the District makes a good substitute, however...  just ask IHO.  Also, the fried chicken at Celebrity Soul Food Buffet in Lake Forest is also pretty good, but that's about the only thing there worth trying.  You would thing the macaroni & cheese would be great, but it's horrible.
Is Jollibee still around?  I checked their store locator but can't seem to find one near by district.

Inside Seafood City Supermarket down the street from the District.  There's also one in Anaheim, which has a drive-thru.

There's a Pink's at Knotts Berry Farm, just outside the admission gates.  Gee, Roger you need to do your homework.  Anything else?

BTW, even though Mrs. Knott is famous for her fried chicken, I don't think it's that great.  I do like her boysenberry jam, however.

WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

There's already a Popeye's in Santa Ana, but not enough black people in Irvine to support either a Church's or Popeye's.  Jollibee at Seafood City near the District makes a good substitute, however...  just ask IHO.  Also, the fried chicken at Celebrity Soul Food Buffet in Lake Forest is also pretty good, but that's about the only thing there worth trying.  You would thing the macaroni & cheese would be great, but it's horrible.

Awesome fried chicken exceed all racial lines!  It's the TIC line that can't be past.

Celebrity Soul Buffet is closed but their fried chicken was awesome...rest of the restaurant was terrible.

Irvinecommuter said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

Awesome fried chicken exceed all racial lines!  It's the TIC line that can't be past.

Celebrity Soul Buffet is closed but their fried chicken was awesome...rest of the restaurant was terrible.

My bad.  Well apparently not enough black people in Lake Forest either to support a soul food establishment.

WTTCHMN said:
There's a Pink's at Knotts Berry Farm, just outside the admission gates.  Gee, Roger you need to do your homework.  Anything else?
Haha I thought we are discussing what we are missing in Irvine no?

Roger said:
WTTCHMN said:
Haha I thought we are discussing what we are missing in Irvine no?

Oops, my bad again.  The Pink's in Buena Park closed.  But down the street there is a Portillo's from Chicago which is much much better anyway.  If you really have your heart set on Pink's, they're at the Orange County Fair every summer.

WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

My bad.  Well apparently not enough black people in Lake Forest either to support a soul food establishment.

CSB was an interesting concept but terribly executed.  The place looked and felt dirty...a lot of empty food trays especially for a buffet.

Never had roscoes even though I passed by a couple of them, wonder if it's too unhealthy for Irvine. 

Irvine can use some Cuban food, is that Versailles chain (I think that's the name) around anymore.  Or some Mexican place that serves good mole.

AW said:
Never had roscoes even though I passed by a couple of them, wonder if it's too unhealthy for Irvine. 

Irvine can use some Cuban food, is that Versailles chain (I think that's the name) around anymore.  Or some Mexican place that serves good mole.

How is Bruxie's as far as chicken and waffles?

Not in Irvine...but this place in Orange is great. 
http://www.yelp.com/biz/felix-continental-café-orange-2

Also some good places in Costa Mesa.

Bruxie feels more of a fad/fusion/trend nowadays. And somewhat pricey I think. 

Yeah, been to Felix couple of times, and thought that it's be nice to have something like that in Irvine

AW said:
Bruxie feels more of a fad/fusion/trend nowadays. And somewhat pricey I think. 

Yeah, been to Felix couple of times, and thought that it's be nice to have something like that in Irvine
I had Bruxie when they first opened up couple years ago in Irvine.  I like it but can't justify the price either.  Has anyone been there recently and is it still as clouded when it first opened? 

Best fried chicken in Irvine is the Olive Korean fried chicken at BBQ Chicken in Diamond Jamboree.

Next would probably be the fried chicken at Tender Greens.

And no, I don't like the fried chicken at Jollibeee.

Irvinecommuter said:
I am curious to see what people think is missing in the Irvine area as far as dining and dining establishments?  I think Irvine has vastly improve in quality and selection in the past few years but there are still some noticeable gaps.   

For example, I think the area is still missing a decent HK cafe and a Korean-style Chinese restaurant.  Dessert options are also lacking in many parts (i.e. OH and Cypress Village).

What specific type of restaurants/food options do you guys think are missing and what would you like to see in Irvine?
A good craft beer bar.

Roger said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

Is Jollibee still around?  I checked their store locator but can't seem to find one near by district.

Closest Jollibee is prolly in Anaheim, but I prefer the Cerritos location.

momopi said:
Roger said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

Closest Jollibee is prolly in Anaheim, but I prefer the Cerritos location.

Tustin.  Momopi hasn't been to Seafood City at the District yet?

Man, you guys need some GPS Kumon.

Seafood City/Jollibee is in Irvine off of Barranca between Von Karman and Armstrong, right next to Joanne's and Walmart.

Back