What types of restaurant/food establishment are missing?

Authentic northern Chinese food. Like northeastern and northwestern Chinese dishes. South America food, like Brazilian BBQ

Albertacos is the copycat of Alberto's from San Diego.

That one of Marguerite is pretty good... there are also Alerto's, Alberta's, Albertito's etc etc.

The one off of Edinger in Santa Ana is very close to Irvine, as is the one in Tustin off El Camino Real.

I wish we had a California chicken cafe down here.  I also miss el cholo.  Can't believe they replaced it with CPK. Chicken Madison would be great too.
Wang tcheng in anaheim isn't bad for jjajjang Myun.  But too far for a last minute "what should we eat meal" ...

USCTrojanCPA said:
Good greasy mexican food like Albertos.  ;D
There's one in Tustin.  I forget what it's called.  Alertos or Albertas.  I'm not sure where the nearest legit Albertos is...

ukuoy said:
Authentic northern Chinese food. Like northeastern and northwestern Chinese dishes. South America food, like Brazilian BBQ

Well...Noodle 101 is pretty authentic northern Chinese food.  The place next to it is supposed to be Northern cuisine as well (never had it).

Agora Churrascaria is super expensive but one of the best Brazilian BBQ places in So. Cal IIRC. 

That's three request for Mongolian bbbqs in this thread alone, is anyone reading this? 

I would like a non AYCE Korean Bbq place, quality over quantity.  Something similar to Soo Won galbi in Ktown.  Hopefully the new place on culver/5 fwy will have decent marinated kalbi

ps9 said:
That's three request for Mongolian bbbqs in this thread alone, is anyone reading this? 

I would like a non AYCE Korean Bbq place, quality over quantity.  Something similar to Soo Won galbi in Ktown.  Hopefully the new place on culver/5 fwy will have decent marinated kalbi

It should...Kang Ho-Dong Baekjeong is pretty famous in both Korea and US for quality BBQ.

A gluten free Mongolian BBQ restaurant. The only true ingredient that would need to be swapped is tamari or liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. Great food, fun experience, and one of a kind in being GFree.

Kangen.Irvine said:
A gluten free Mongolian BBQ restaurant. The only true ingredient that would need to be swapped is tamari or liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. Great food, fun experience, and one of a kind in being GFree.
celiac disease?

Sizzler!

Or one of those Japanese places with the boats that float by.  It's so convenient to be able to wash your hands right at the bar without having to walk to the restroom. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

There's already a Popeye's in Santa Ana, but not enough black people in Irvine to support either a Church's or Popeye's.  Jollibee at Seafood City near the District makes a good substitute, however...  just ask IHO.  Also, the fried chicken at Celebrity Soul Food Buffet in Lake Forest is also pretty good, but that's about the only thing there worth trying.  You would thing the macaroni & cheese would be great, but it's horrible.

WTTCHMN said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
How about Popeyes...

Or Church's.

There's already a Popeye's in Santa Ana, but not enough black people in Irvine to support either a Church's or Popeye's.  Jollibee at Seafood City near the District makes a good substitute, however...  just ask IHO.  Also, the fried chicken at Celebrity Soul Food Buffet in Lake Forest is also pretty good, but that's about the only thing there worth trying.  You would thing the macaroni & cheese would be great, but it's horrible.
Is Jollibee still around?  I checked their store locator but can't seem to find one near by district.

Back