What to get PS4 or Xbox One? Decisions?

Just got the Hybrid drive I mentioned above from tigerdirect:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7139322-1tb-seagate-2-5-solid-state-hybrid-drive-90-or-less-tigerdirect

Also added a 750g slim drive here:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7139280-750...esn-29-99-ac-ar-free-shipping-tigerdirect-com

Activate tigerdirect coupon $15 off here:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7065622-tigerdirect-coupon-15-off-order-of-100-or-more

Both the SSHD and portable hard drive have individual $10 off codes as well that are listed on the product page and there is also a $20 rebate with the portable.

Make sure to link thru cashback site (4% topcashback.com) and used my capital one quicksilver for another 1.5% back.  No tax, free shipping.

So the SSHD is ~$78 otd and the portable is ~$22 AR

My Xbox One is filling up fast and gotta start thinking about more storage.  BTW, any of you guys play online?  I got COD, FM5, the Zombie game, and few others...

I added an external WD drive to my XB1, and it got really buggy, sometimes the drive doesn't show up or it locks up my console.  My kinect bricked itself a month ago.  Got the replacement from Microsoft yesterday.  Not that impressed with XB1 right now. 

Replacing the hard drive on PS4 with the the 1tb SSHD was pretty easy.  Might need to add an external fan, the console runs very hot, that was the only negative it has compared to XB1.  Worry about longevity.  And they need to improve the battery life on the PS4 controller.

Destiny looks pretty good, but I suck at FPS.  Currently slashing thru Diablo 3 on PS4, and good old Dynasty warriors/warriors orochi rehash. 

They are adding XBox360 compatibility to the XBoxOne, that's pretty good.

We still don't use our XB360 very much so I don't think we'll be buying a One anytime soon.

eyephone said:
Xbox one Kinect bundle $349

Is that a good deal?

Last time I checked Microsoft website priced it at $399 and was sold out online. Big box stores also charging $399.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:

Is that a good deal?

Last time I checked Microsoft website priced it at $399 and was sold out online. Big box stores also charging $399.

Kinect Bundle, featuring full-game downloads of Dance Central Spotlight, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.

this bundle is good for my little one and for those who like to dance (not me of course)

$349 for the following stores:
Best buy, New Egg (charges shipping $5.99), Target, Amazon (includes chat headset)

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:

Is that a good deal?

Kinect Bundle, featuring full-game downloads of Dance Central Spotlight, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.

this bundle is good for my little one and for those who like to dance (not me of course)

$349 for the following stores:
Best buy, New Egg (charges shipping $5.99), Target, Amazon (includes chat headset)

Price dropped since last I checked. I would buy it.

Kinect cam like all video game accessories are gimicky (remember Nintendo's R.O.B.?).  It's kinda cool at first but just collecting a fine layer of dust right now.  It also bricked after a month of not that much use and I had to send it back to microsoft for warranty replacement, which they did.  The voice commands for your TV is cool but again not as dependable as your trusty remote.  Xbox doesn't have an advantage over PS4 in games, except if you're addicted to Halo.  At least you can play old 360 games that are currently free thru gold on your one. 

My fam enjoys the Kinect cam on our 360. Most of our games are actually Kinect ones.

Not sure if it's worth it to get the X1, seems like the PS4 is the better system but $349 for that bundle with those games is a great price.

ps9 said:
Kinect cam like all video game accessories are gimicky (remember Nintendo's R.O.B.?).  It's kinda cool at first but just collecting a fine layer of dust right now.  It also bricked after a month of not that much use and I had to send it back to microsoft for warranty replacement, which they did.  The voice commands for your TV is cool but again not as dependable as your trusty remote.  Xbox doesn't have an advantage over PS4 in games, except if you're addicted to Halo.  At least you can play old 360 games that are currently free thru gold on your one.

You make a good point. Microsoft's wanted to sell Kinect with every system, but then removed the Kinect to lower the price. Therefore gaming developers, didn't develop that many games for the Kinect.

I read that the double a batteries are needed for the Xbox one controller or buy the additional specialized rechargeable battery for the controller. To me that's a game changer.

Back