What to get PS4 or Xbox One? Decisions?

Just ordered my PS4 from my local Target with the Redcard 5% off plus 2% cashback thru MrRebates.  Any game recs?  inFamous?  or shall I buy another Dynasty Warriors 8?

Got my PS4 this morning, looks like only a few games on PS+, some zombie twin stick shooter, Warframe, and a side scrolling shooter.  Picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 XL for $60, a massive 22gb download, freaking 5 hours!

PS4 is still winning the console wars... but this might end up like the 360vPS3 battle where eventually the XBOX1 takes over and then dominates.

Just got my Xbox One with Kinect and Titanfall.  The Kinect interface is pretty cool.  Running my Uverse thru Xbox and using the voice commands will take some time getting use to.  Using the split screen function 'snap' is an awesome function for guys who like to do more than one thing at a time.  Play Xbox, and snap ESPN to the side..  Nice.

Really liking the Kinect voice commands:

Xbox on!  TV and uverse box turns on along with Xbox. 

No more hunting for remotes!  If only it can turn on my soundbar as well.

And of course when it's time to retire for the night:

Xbox turn off!  Turns TV off along with toggling the uverse box.  I sleepily stumble upstairs.

The free Xbox Fitness videos were a surprise.  I can finally finish my P90x. 

If I was given a week to test drive Xbox one or PS4, I would keep Xbox One now.  Easy decision.

Interesting, I have the opposite take. Had both the PS4 and Xbox One since launch. Haven't touched my Xbox One in months but use PS4 every day. This from someone that played Xbox 360 ten times more than my PS3 last generation.

The Kinect/TV features are pretty much useless to me since I'm a cord cutter. Even with the price drop to $399 I'm not seeing the advantage of the Xbox One when for the same price you can get a PS4 that has better graphics/more powerful. They should've dropped the price to $349 or kept the Kinect for $399 to offer a value over PS4.

Titanfall was fun for a weekend but then got bored of it and never touched it again.

SubSolar said:
Interesting, I have the opposite take. Had both the PS4 and Xbox One since launch. Haven't touched my Xbox One in months but use PS4 every day. This from someone that played Xbox 360 ten times more than my PS3 last generation.

The Kinect/TV features are pretty much useless to me since I'm a cord cutter. Even with the price drop to $399 I'm not seeing the advantage of the Xbox One when for the same price you can get a PS4 that has better graphics/more powerful. They should've dropped the price to $349 or kept the Kinect for $399 to offer a value over PS4.

Titanfall was fun for a weekend but then got bored of it and never touched it again.

I got in at this price:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7042882-500...fall-game-1-month-xbox-live-440-free-shipping

So with Kinect, TitanFall, and 1 month xbox live for $440 without tax, free ship.  In the end, it doesn't matter how much powerful your system or if you have a cool Kinect gadget to control your TV.  The games will determine who comes out on top, and it always will.  The Kinect 'wow' is kinda wearing out.  I had to say 'Xbox on!" a few times for it to register, might as well just press the button on the controller. 

One pet peeve, when you get a new game in the mail, you can't just pop it in the drive and start playing anymore.  Got COD Ghost today for Xbox one, and have to wait an hour for it to 'update'.  Annoying, if I want to play, I want to play! (and yes if my internet was faster, I would probably finish the download quicker, but I still have to wait).

True although I think the best games and 95% of what people play are available on both systems. Of course the same game will usually be at a higher frame rate and/or resolution on the PS4. Another thing is I thought the 360 controller was WAY better than the PS3 controller, but prefer the PS4 one to the One. I think they made the One too small.

I buy all my games digital now anyway. Much more convenient to just select the game you want than to have to dig around for the disc and pop it in. Plus you don't save any hard disk space by buying a physical copy. And if you lose the disc or it cracks/gets scratched you're out of luck.

Well the recent games I got were part of the Rakuten 'new customer' discount, got COD for $6, Assassins $11, Madden $11 and Zumba $11.  All discs, I believe it does save storage versus the digital copy no?  The updates for COD and Assassins were both about 2.5 gigs,  I'm sure the actual digital game is probably around 20 gigs. 

Dynasty Warriors made me get off the fence for PS4 :)

No, you have to install the entire game to the hard disk no matter if it's disc or download. Disc only saves you from downloading the entire game and allows you to sell later.

That sucks, is it because of the used game market?  Corporations, gotta love them.  So my Xbox One is filling up nicely, alread at 50% storage capacity.. I hear you can buy any portable hard drive and just usb it to the side... Gonna do that next.

ps9 said:
That sucks, is it because of the used game market?  Corporations, gotta love them.  So my Xbox One is filling up nicely, alread at 50% storage capacity.. I hear you can buy any portable hard drive and just usb it to the side... Gonna do that next.

They have to install the entire game cause it would be painfully slow if they loaded each level from a blu-ray disc. I upgraded my PS4 to a 1 TB hybrid SSD after the first week when I only had 160 gigs left on the original. One of the other reasons that I bought most games on PS4, cause Xbox One had no option until the last month or two for more storage.

Interesting, I upgraded my PS3 to a 1TB drive, is it the same procedure with the PS4?  1 TB SSD drive?  That must've been a pretty penny.

Yeah, similar procedure, plug and play, restore software onto new drive, doesn't void warranty or anything.

It was a HYBRID SSD hard drive, so not expensive, maybe $130 or something like that.

SubSolar said:
Yeah, similar procedure, plug and play, restore software onto new drive, doesn't void warranty or anything.

It was a HYBRID SSD hard drive, so not expensive, maybe $130 or something like that.

Cool, somethings to think about down the line, it was about $80 to upgrade my PS3 to 1TB (WD Blue 1 TB Mobile Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 5400 RPM, SATA II, 8 MB Cache) and I see the hybrid drives at around $90 (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Solid-Hybrid-2-5-Inch-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ).

BTW, how fast is your download speed?

Back