What do your neighbors do for a living?

HMart said:
$128k is very different than $200k........

Compare two examples:

1) $128k in wages, passive investments bringing in $5k/mo of no-tax and low-tax income. No debt. Bought home with 50% down and have small mortgage payment.

2) $200k in wages, bought home with 3% FHA loan and pay PMI. $150k in student loans. $80k in credit card debt.

paperboyNC said:
HMart said:

Compare two examples:

1) $128k in wages, passive investments bringing in $5k/mo of no-tax and low-tax income. No debt. Bought home with 50% down and have small mortgage payment.

2) $200k in wages, bought home with 3% FHA loan and pay PMI. $150k in student loans. $80k in credit card debt.

so true. In my profession there is a lot of that. Income maybe $400-500k but there's student loans of $250k plus (new grads more like $400k plus), there's multiple home mortgages (primary vs vacation homes), spousal/child support situations, luxury car leases etc.
It's never about the income as it is about the out-go. At the end it comes down to how much of it you actually get to keep.
that's why to me net worth is much more telling of a person's financial health over just annual income.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
keilbros said:
Getting back on topic.

I live in Shady Canyon.

Neighbors are:

a) Partner at a law firm (M&A - his name is one of the three that you see on their building).

b) Chinese Import/Exporter, not sure exactly if he is retired or still does it.

c) Taiwanese ex CEO of Semi-conductor company.

d) Mistress House of Chinese Govt Official

e) Professional former MLB star. Big name. One of the bash brothers.

f) Indian (east) owner of several Sprint stores...guess these stores make a ton (but continue to get bad yelp reviews).

What about yourself?

Sorry, just got to this...
I own a Korean BBQ place.

keilbros said:
keilbros said:
Getting back on topic.

I live in Shady Canyon.

Neighbors are:

a) Partner at a law firm (M&A - his name is one of the three that you see on their building).

f) Indian (east) owner of several Sprint stores...guess these stores make a ton (but continue to get bad yelp reviews).

What about yourself?

Awesome, which Korean BBQ place?  I love Korean BBQ!!!

Paris said:
paperboyNC said:
HMart said:

Compare two examples:

so true. In my profession there is a lot of that. Income maybe $400-500k but there's student loans of $250k plus (new grads more like $400k plus), there's multiple home mortgages (primary vs vacation homes), spousal/child support situations, luxury car leases etc.
It's never about the income as it is about the out-go. At the end it comes down to how much of it you actually get to keep.
that's why to me net worth is much more telling of a person's financial health over just annual income.

That?s why people are going out of the country for procedures.

I know someone that got lasik done for like 1/4 the price that it would cost in the US. (in a developed country in Asia)

eyephone said:
Paris said:
paperboyNC said:
HMart said:

Compare two examples:

I know someone that got lasik done for like 1/4 the price that it would cost in the US. (in a developed country in Asia)

I know, it's true. many go out of the country for IVF, plastic surgery, even transplants. you just have to pick your place and doctor very wisely. I remember a patient went out of country for butt implants and got a flesh eating bacterial infection requiring multiple skin graft surgeries, nearly died and now basically has no butt left sadly...remember out of country maybe cheap but healthcare standardization is not common practice and there certainly is not an equivalent JACHO in many places around the world.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
paperboyNC said:
HMart said:

Compare two examples:

I know, it's true. many go out of the country for IVF, plastic surgery, even transplants. you just have to pick your place and doctor very wisely. I remember a patient went out of country for butt implants and got a flesh eating bacterial infection requiring multiple skin graft surgeries, nearly died and now basically has no butt left sadly...remember out of country maybe cheap but healthcare standardization is not common practice and there certainly is not an equivalent JACHO in many places around the world.

You are correct buyer beware.
Also, I think the optometry field prices are declining. (More options to get glasses)
Pharmacy automation/machines.

USCTrojanCPA said:
keilbros said:
keilbros said:
Getting back on topic.

I live in Shady Canyon.

Neighbors are:

What about yourself?

Awesome, which Korean BBQ place?  I love Korean BBQ!!!

Don't ID yourself.  It's usually bad....but apparently good for realtors and mortgage slingers.

Anything you say here can be used against you.  (see James Gunn)
or our very own resident mag1cJizz

..and bones

meccos12 said:
aquabliss said:
Keilbros any TI member discount?  ;)

*crickets*

Was out of the country. Back now in good ole Irvine...

Sure, discount for any TI member. It's a small Korean BBQ in Cerritos. Red Palace BBQ. Just mention TI and I'll get them to take 10% off the bill!

Also, I am only a minority partner...so if you guys actually do try to get the discount and he's there..you might get denied...(he's not as nice as me!).

Too far for me but thanks for the reply.  Wow, minority partner and you live in Shady Canyon.  I guess BBQ is where the money?s at, unless that is just one of your many ventures.

keilbros said:
Also, I am only a minority partner...

Is it difficult running a KBBQ? Was at Shik on a Thursday night and even though that place is pretty dated, it was crowded with an hour wait. Not sure if it's because their lowest AYCE starts at around $18 but I think the newer places should have some type of discounted AYCE too (although I think even at $25, they still have tons of people there).

From Yelp, I can see that Red Palace starts at $12 for AYCE... that would have us there many times a week if it was closer. :)

Are KBBQ places in Cerritos that cheap? Even the Garden Grove ones are higher.

aquabliss said:
Too far for me but thanks for the reply.  Wow, minority partner and you live in Shady Canyon.  I guess BBQ is where the money?s at, unless that is just one of your many ventures.

If they can control the food price. (Buy the meat at a low price)

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

If they can control the food price. (Buy the meat at a low price)

Do you buy anything at the right price?  :) Not high not low.

Also, if they sell beverages and alcohol it can boost their income.

*I never went to his bbq. So I don?t know his operations.

I just invested some money into it to help my brother...
It does okay, but I still haven't received my initial investment back. Hope that helps to answer your questions  ::)

Back