Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

SoCal said:
spootieho said:
The guy is creepy... looking

Join Keeper for a Better Crypt!

1zh1c0m.jpg

Cold blooded

I like the new swap location of the veteran cemetery because it is a memorial to our fallen soldiers and as a memorial, it should have as much visibility as it can.  When people drive on 5 freeway and see the multiple white  tombstones, they will think about the sacrifices made by our soldiers.

The swap will benefit Beacon Park, but as I said before, that is a secondary concern.

arlington_national_cemetery.jpg

As a visionary architect this is exactly what I envisioned in my head when millions of drivers drive pass this iconic junction. I Thank Zubs for this visual.

Had there been a picture like this photoshopped into the actual view from the freeway this would have been a slam dunk decision. However the politicians were already decided before going into the chamber.

bones said:
spootieho said:
The guy is creepy... looking

Haha. Googled his pic after this comment. TBH, he doesn't look much different than all the Chinese men his age around town.

Also I don't think gang Chen is our gang on TI. Gang Chen is anti cemetery whereas our gang sounds like a veteran. They both probably have a common thread now though over the relocation issue.

He looks fine in some pictures.  In other's, such as the one he uses, he looks like a plastic toy doll that I'd rather the kids not play with. 

cc6f2d_0d1636910c874b1b86466761d920ca02.jpg_srz_186_186_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

spootieho said:
He looks fine in some pictures.  In other's, such as the one he uses, he looks like a plastic toy doll that I'd rather the kids not play with. 

cc6f2d_0d1636910c874b1b86466761d920ca02.jpg_srz_186_186_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Not to be mean... he could be a very nice person, I don't know... but in this picture he reminds me of a wax figure at Madame Tussauds. It's very creepy. The poor stiff needs better advisers.

SoCal said:
spootieho said:

Not to be mean... he could be a very nice person, I don't know... but in this picture he reminds me of a wax figure at Madame Tussauds. It's very creepy. The poor stiff needs better advisers.

Is this Irvine's Top Model? Judging by looks?

eyephone said:

Looks absolutely matter in politics. All you have to do is remember the famous Nixon / Kennedy televised debate of 1960 as an example of how looks affect a candidate.

This is a very unflattering shot. It's never a brilliant call to use a bad shot on campaign material, of all things. A warmer photo with a more relaxed expression could have been used. Even the commenter above said he has more aesthetically-pleasing photos available online. Surely, some other photo could have been used instead.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Had there been a picture like this photoshopped into the actual view from the freeway this would have been a slam dunk decision. However the politicians were already decided before going into the chamber.

Yep, they never listened to a word of the presentation. They were going to vote no before the night began. Dug in like ticks on a hound. Four of them 'win', the rest of us are the losers. Boooooo! Hisssss!

momopi said:
eyephone said:

If people didn't judge a book by its cover, then book cover artists and illustrators would be unemployed.

funny-book-titles-13.jpg

I briefly glanced at his web page, and it says he is a registered independent. Also, the website indicates he is alumni from USC.

Our Gang said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Yep, they never listened to a word of the presentation. They were going to vote no before the night began. Dug in like ticks on a hound. Four of them 'win', the rest of us are the losers. Boooooo! Hisssss!

"They never listened to a word of the presentation?"

Where do you come up with this garbage? The move is probably illegal and doesn't make any sense in the first place.

ozzyirvine said:
Our Gang said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Where do you come up with this garbage? The move is probably illegal and doesn't make any sense in the first place.

Probably

Lol

jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
Our Gang said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Probably

Lol

I'm not an attorney, so I cannot say for sure. But on it's own, I believe it is.

lol

ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
Our Gang said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Probably

Lol

I'm not an attorney, so I cannot say for sure. But on it's own, I believe it is.

lol

lol

as good as any comment on TI, I suppose. 

We'll just see what happens.  Going to be a long way before anything gets built.. let alone approved. 

It's good to see that Gang Chen has updated his website and finally added information about his support for the cemetery, but not at the location it is scheduled to be in. I don't find it odd that he doesn't include information about where he lives and why it is his #1 campaign issue. There are other signs that I won't point to now, but he is very good about pawning veterans for his own cause.

As I've said before, I will do what I can to make sure he loses.

ozzyirvine said:
It's good to see that Gang Chen has updated his website and finally added information about his support for the cemetery, but not at the location it is scheduled to be in. I don't find it odd that he doesn't include information about where he lives and why it is his #1 campaign issue. There are other signs that I won't point to now, but he is very good about pawning veterans for his own cause.

Don't think you're going to have to try. His biggest supporters probably can't vote.

jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:

Don't think you're going to have to try. His biggest supporters probably can't vote.

He certainly has balls. He shook my hand and was campaigning at Colonel Barber Park right after the Memorial Day ceremony. I'm sure the vets there would have kicked his ass if they knew who he was.

iacrenter said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:

He certainly has balls. He shook my hand and was campaigning at Colonel Barber Park right after the Memorial Day ceremony. I'm sure the vets there would have kicked his ass if they knew who he was.

At this moment, I'm not endorsing anyone for this local race.

Back