United Airlines Violently Drags Doctor Off Flight Volunteer Not to Give Up Seat

tmz reports passenger as David DAO (not chinese), medical doctor with sordid past (not that it matters), still boycotting United

I checked their stocks yesterday, didn't move.
Dropped 3% this morning, but correcting upwards.

Yeah, the problem is that everyone boarded already and then they had the flight crews needing extra 4 seats.  Should've upped the comps big time instead of the standard offerings.
Or make the flight crews go in the cargo deck, we've seen movies. We know there's room. Lol

He's a 69 year old Vietnamese doctor with 5 kids (four doctors) and grand kids. They had to reach across a couple empty seats to get the guy out of his window seat, hitting his head on the armrest in front of a boatload of camera phones.

Lucky he didn't have a heart attack and die on the spot.

Or he was high and not making good decisions....doh!!

Dr. David Dao was charged in 2005 with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers. Prosecutors claimed Dao fraudulently filled prescriptions for hydocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet.
Dr. Dao was also convicted on 6 felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005 was given 5 years probation.
Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a patient in exchange for sex.
In medical board documents ... Dao denied paying for sex, but indicated he accepted sexual favors from an associate in exchange for reducing a debt that associate owed him.
In February, 2005, Dr. Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky. In 2015 the medical board lifted the suspension and allowed him to practice medicine with some restrictions. Last year, the medical board imposed even more restrictions -- now he can only practice internal medicine in an outpatient facility one day a week.
Interestingly, and relevant to the United incident, one doctor assessing Dao's case said he had interpersonal problems, noting "... he would unilaterally choose to do his own thing."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united-airlines-doctor-convicted-drugs-sex/

morekaos said:
Or he was high and not making good decisions....doh!!

Dr. David Dao was charged in 2005 with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers. Prosecutors claimed Dao fraudulently filled prescriptions for hydocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet.
Dr. Dao was also convicted on 6 felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005 was given 5 years probation.
Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a patient in exchange for sex.
In medical board documents ... Dao denied paying for sex, but indicated he accepted sexual favors from an associate in exchange for reducing a debt that associate owed him.
In February, 2005, Dr. Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky. In 2015 the medical board lifted the suspension and allowed him to practice medicine with some restrictions. Last year, the medical board imposed even more restrictions -- now he can only practice internal medicine in an outpatient facility one day a week.
Interestingly, and relevant to the United incident, one doctor assessing Dao's case said he had interpersonal problems, noting "... he would unilaterally choose to do his own thing."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united-airlines-doctor-convicted-drugs-sex/

Let the character attacks begin!  lol

I know, I just hope I am never the focus of some online controversy...it would not be a pretty picture. >:D

A guy I palled around with in HS is now serving 5 years for being part of a mail order pill mill.  I assumed he would never get a medical license again, but maybe he can.  Interesting cat from a distance...I knew him as a greasy nerd in HS who got a perfect score on his math SAT, but at some point he became a model and an actor, got through med school, and is now a convicted drug felon. 

There is always two sides to every story. It's easy to judge from the short video on YouTube but context may show a very different angle.  This guy may not make the best choices and although the airline is certainly at fault, this may not be as clear cut as some may like.

morekaos said:
There is always two sides to every story. It's easy to judge from the short video on YouTube but context may show a very different angle.  This guy may not make the best choices and although the airline is certainly at fault, this may not be as clear cut as some may like.

The board should remove the CEO.

Hmmm. 36 empty seats on this flight. I upgrades to Economy Plus for the legroom. It's pretty vacant up here. I don't fly enough to know if that's normal.

One thing that kind of bother me is the media keep saying the doctor was dragged out of the plane. Why is occupation an issue here? Does it make it more unjust to drag someone with a higher socioeconomic status?

Movingup said:
One thing that kind of bother me is the media keep saying the doctor was dragged out of the plane. Why is occupation an issue here? Does it make it more unjust to drag someone with a higher socioeconomic status?

character buld up. .. shows he's not a thug.  Then again, reports say he exchanged drug prescriptions for gay sex?  lol. 

jmoney74 said:
Movingup said:

character buld up. .. shows he's not a thug.  Then again, reports say he exchanged drug prescriptions for gay sex?  lol.

So, if you are a Walmart cashier, it wouldn't be a story?

SoCal said:
Hmmm. 36 empty seats on this flight. I upgrades to Economy Plus for the legroom. It's pretty vacant up here. I don't fly enough to know if that's normal.

That's not normal in my experience. Each time I've been on a flight except for one, has been full. That's why I always check my bag at the gate because I get it checked in for free, since they anticipate running out of overhead space.

Movingup said:
jmoney74 said:
Movingup said:

So, if you are a Walmart cashier, it wouldn't be a story?

indeed.. the world of media we live in.  If it were someone of lower social status.. people might think it aint no thang. 

Did this one even get attention?

[youtube]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-dragged-off-delta-flight_us_585193fde4b0e411bfd4f928[/youtube]

Back