This forum is shockingly racist

true story: chinese are some of the most racist people you will ever meet... but to be fair they are also tremendously racist toward themselves (other chinese ppl).

irvinehusky said:
O.K., I'm a little slow up there.  Since it was QWERTY I automatically assumed he was talking about "knocking out" five Asian women. O.K. now I get it.  :p

get your mind out of the gutter man :)

but that would have been one hell of a dream.

WTF I am late to the game. I would rather live in a bullet hole drive by ghetto in Santa Ana or next to Harlem than living next to a bunch of FCBs.

hamilton said:
true story: chinese are some of the most racist people you will ever meet... but to be fair they are also tremendously racist toward themselves (other chinese ppl).
I'm going to have to agree with this.

An owner of a restaurant I *used* to frequent was telling me about how unreliable her Mexican staff was and that was "expected".

I was thinking to myself how HOA-angry qweryote would have got had he heard that.

As for everyone being racist, I must be the exception... I dislike everyone equally. :)

irvinehomeshopper said:
WTF I am late to the game. I would rather live in a bullet hole drive by ghetto in Santa Ana or next to Harlem than living next to a bunch of FCBs.

just "next to" Harlem? Or what about IN Harlem? Its not as bad as it used to be. ( I know, because I lived through the changes in NYC from the 70s through the early 2000s) 

The gentrification cycle has not yet reached Orange County, because this place is not old enough yet and there's still enough land to build new and sprawl out.  But I predict in 50 years when the choice is either a new house 2 hour commute away from the job centers, or buy and rehab an old house with character in central OC "ghetto" areas like Santa Ana, there will be enough people who will go for the latter.  Just like those Harlem brownstones which now sell for multimillions.

irvinehomeowner said:
hamilton said:

An owner of a restaurant I *used* to frequent was telling me about how unreliable her Mexican staff was and that was "expected".

I was thinking to myself how HOA-angry qweryote would have got had he heard that.

As for everyone being racist, I must be the exception... I dislike everyone equally. :)

Honestly, I think most immigrants are racists in that they grew up with little or no exposure to other races.  First generation Chinese immigrants can definitely be racists and hold strong stereotypes about others.  I also know that Mexicans and Latin Americans often think badly of each other. 

irvinehomeowner said:
hamilton said:

Really?  I would think qwertles would have agreed with the owner and chimed in.
Maybe I'm not #monitoring closely enough.  ;)

I don't necessarily agree with it but that was/still is the attitude of management of my Asian company customers working south of the border.  If I was paid those low wages, terrible benefits and looked down upon, I wouldn't want to work hard either.

irvinehomeowner said:

JustSayin said:
irvinehomeowner said:
hamilton said:

Really?  I would think qwertles would have agreed with the owner and chimed in.
Maybe I'm not #monitoring closely enough.  ;)

hispanics are the hardest working ethnicity.  we are such hard workers that we even modify our cars to get more work done.  Why do mexicans drive lowriders? So they can cruise and pick lettuce at the same time :)

AA said:
Do Caucasians and/or other ethnicities not like like Irvine?  Where is the diversity everyone talks about????
I like and live in Irvine and the majority of my clients are asian, heck even the girl that I'm dating is asian....kinda makes it hard for me to be racist.  :p  Besides, I'm also foreign.  haha

irvinemadness said:
We are potential neighbors and most of us are socially and economically doing well enough to afford a home in a place as expensive as irvine.  But why are so many of you so openly racist?  I understand the frustration against FCBs inflating the real estate market, but how can so many of you be so racist against all chinese or all asians?  I am shocked, offended and disappointed. :-[

That's interesting. Quite surprising, actually. I am one of the very few non-Asians on T.I. As an outsider, I would describe TI as a site: "by Asians, for Asians". Very little diversity or tension here except sporadic Taiwanese vs. mainlander comments and maybe some joking comments with not much venom in them. Can you provide some specific examples of what "shocked, offended, and disappointed" you? Maybe whoever wrote it can explain.

Irvinecommuter said:
I also know that Mexicans and Latin Americans often think badly of each other. 
Why is that? I have an in-law and when I ask if they prefer the terms Latino or Hispanic they say "No... I'm Mexican!".

USCTrojanCPA said:
AA said:
Do Caucasians and/or other ethnicities not like like Irvine?  Where is the diversity everyone talks about????
I like and live in Irvine and the majority of my clients are asian, heck even the girl that I'm dating is asian....kinda makes it hard for me to be racist.  :p  Besides, I'm also foreign.  haha

Having an asian GF does not mean you're not racist--
Even racists sometimes have good taste

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Why is that? I have an in-law and when I ask if they prefer the terms Latino or Hispanic they say "No... I'm Mexican!".

I also notice this too, especially during World Cup.  :)

qwerty said:
As much as I would like to see a Latin country win, those bastards think they are better than everyone else so I hope Germany whoops them, which they probably will

JustSayin said:
jmoney74 said:
So Irvine madness makes one post about being offended and leaves?  LOL

STUPID FCB  ;)

Yep, that was a drive-by whining!

There's no need for overly sensitive types here anyway.
At least not since OS left. ;)

How do you know about OS? You have currently 9 posts. So what's your other Alias?

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

I also notice this too, especially during World Cup.  :)

qwerty said:
As much as I would like to see a Latin country win, those bastards think they are better than everyone else so I hope Germany whoops them, which they probably will

Same thang to me. Amigo amigo!!

SoCal said:
irvinemadness said:
We are potential neighbors and most of us are socially and economically doing well enough to afford a home in a place as expensive as irvine.  But why are so many of you so openly racist?  I understand the frustration against FCBs inflating the real estate market, but how can so many of you be so racist against all chinese or all asians?  I am shocked, offended and disappointed. :-[

That's interesting. Quite surprising, actually. I am one of the very few non-Asians on T.I. As an outsider, I would describe TI as a site: "by Asians, for Asians". Very little diversity or tension here except sporadic Taiwanese vs. mainlander comments and maybe some joking comments with not much venom in them. Can you provide some specific examples of what "shocked, offended, and disappointed" you? Maybe whoever wrote it can explain.

I think that person bounced. One (post) and done.

Back