Tesla Model 3

I know we have some Tesla owners here.

How much higher is your electric bill every month? Do you go on that plan where Pikachu power is cheaper at night?

Tesla Shadow mode sounds suspiciously like Guinea Pig/Big Brother mode. Tesla will be constantly recording and monitoring your driving and sending the data back to the mother ship.

iacrenter said:
Tesla Shadow mode sounds suspiciously like Guinea Pig/Big Brother mode. Tesla will be constantly recording and monitoring your driving and sending the data back to the mother ship.

I'm waiting for minority report to happen when all cars are all in unison and accident free and can go up/down buildings LOL

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm waiting for minority report to happen when all cars are all in unison and accident free and can go up/down buildings LOL

Me too. Or like in "I, Robot" or that TV show with Halle Barry.

Tesla is planning their own Uber like service, where your car can drop you off at work, and then go drive people around for a few hours before it comes back to pick you up.

I'm not sure people will like the idea of spending $100,000 on a car only to let strangers ride in it and have wear and tear.  I guess we will see when it happens.  Tesla will provide their own cars in areas where not enough people volunteer.

Their terms and conditions say that nobody may make money transporting people with the automated service using any competitor like Uber or Lyft.

spootieho said:
Tesla is planning their own Uber like service, where your car can drop you off at work, and then go drive people around for a few hours before it comes back to pick you up.

I'm not sure people will like the idea of spending $100,000 on a car only to let strangers ride in it and have wear and tear.  I guess we will see when it happens.  Tesla will provide their own cars in areas where not enough people volunteer.

Their terms and conditions say that nobody may make money transporting people with the automated service using any competitor like Uber or Lyft.

If it's charged at the normal uber rate, I agree it's definitely not worth it for the wear and tear and few dollars a mile.  However, if they found a way to make it more like Turo where it's a flat rate $150-$250 for 100 miles/day or specifically for airport transport (OC to LAX then back)  then I could see some tesla drivers using it.  Essentially rent your car for 100 miles for 5 days a month and it's your monthly payment paid for. 

SoclosetoIrvine said:
If it's charged at the normal uber rate, I agree it's definitely not worth it for the wear and tear and few dollars a mile.  However, if they found a way to make it more like Turo where it's a flat rate $150-$250 for 100 miles/day or specifically for airport transport (OC to LAX then back)  then I could see some tesla drivers using it.  Essentially rent your car for 100 miles for 5 days a month and it's your monthly payment paid for.
If they can make it worth it, then yeah...

One concern I have is Tesla says they will provide all the cars in areas where not enough people want to participate.  That might piss off a lot of people on their waiting list.

Another capital intensive move by tesla (providing cars where they dont have enough supply). Sounds like another money loser.

spootieho said:

Is it me or are the Tesla's getting more and more expensive?  My friend just ordered a P100D and it was $160,000 because of the enhanced autopilot and full autonomous driving feature.  I personally wouldn't trust getting in a car and having it drive me, drop me off and park itself.  That's kind of strange and scary.  But man $160k?!?!!  that's some change.

shadyoc said:
Is it me or are the Tesla's getting more and more expensive?  My friend just ordered a P100D and it was $160,000 because of the enhanced autopilot and full autonomous driving feature.  I personally wouldn't trust getting in a car and having it drive me, drop me off and park itself.  That's kind of strange and scary.  But man $160k?!?!!  that's some change.

Like it or not, self driving cars are already here:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/25/13381246/otto-self-driving-truck-budweiser-first-shipment-uber

Embrace them!

The market needs more than pixy dust...

Tesla Shares Fall as Musk Tries to Explain Benefits of Tesla-SolarCity Tie

Shares of Tesla Motors (TSLA) were falling pre-market Wednesday, Nov. 2 after the company gave investors little clarity as to how its deal with SolarCity (SCTY) , would pan out in a call with investors and analysts Tuesday evening.

Shares of Tesla fell $6.94 per share, or about $3.5%, in pre-market trading Wednesday to $190.79. SolarCity shares fell by 2.7%, or 53 cents, to $19.07.

TheSixteen days ahead of a shareholder vote on the acquisition of residential solar panel installer SolarCity, Tesla held a Q&A to discuss the deal. But, much to the chagrin of some investors, the call left many with more questions than answers.

http://finance.yahoo.com/m/0aeef5b2-a952-3018-a011-65c43589ec6b/ss_tesla-shares-fall-as-musk.html

Not gonna lie, I really want a Tesla X... just can't afford it on my 99%er wages.

Maybe by 2020 they will have a Tesla V (electric minivan).

You can still buy a Fisker even though they bk ed

Henrik Fisker?s Back (Again) With a Tesla Rival (Again)

AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNER HENRIK Fisker has an ambitious plan to make electric vehicles cool. It starts with a jaw-dropping sedan for the rich and ends a few years later with an affordable sedan for the masses.

If this sounds familiar, it?s because Fisker first sang this tune in 2008 when he launched Fisker Automotive. The company went bust in 2013 after selling a few hundred copies of the bug-ridden Karma sedan to the likes of Leonardo DeCaprio and Colin Powell. Well, Fisker is back with a new company, called, appropriately, Fisker Inc., and a plan that he swears is gonna work this time. (Hey, it?s working for Elon Musk.)

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/henrik-fiskers-back-tesla-rival/

Back