talkIrvine Realestate board slowing down????

With other interesting topics like the Dow (and 5/1) slide, Ebola, the Apocalypse, Ghosts in Irvine, Mexicans in Irvine, Racists on TI, Homicidal Minivan Drivers, Nash injury de jure, and the Apple non-event-event, people are understandably not that focused on a slow RE market right now.

JustSayin said:
With other interesting topics like the Dow (and 5/1) slide, Ebola, the Apocalypse, Ghosts, Mexicans, Racists, Homicidal Minivan drivers, Nash injury de jure, and the Apple non-event-event, people are understandably not that focused on a slow RE market right now.

I think many people talked about the slow down. I think a person is foolish for not recognizing that there is a slow down in real estate.

eyephone said:
JustSayin said:
With other interesting topics like the Dow (and 5/1) slide, Ebola, the Apocalypse, Ghosts, Mexicans, Racists, Homicidal Minivan drivers, Nash injury de jure, and the Apple non-event-event, people are understandably not that focused on a slow RE market right now.

I think many people talked about the slow down. I think a person is foolish for not recognizing that there is a slow down in real estate.

???    You speak in riddles, Eyephone. 

I said nothing about a failure to recognize a slowing market. 

jmoney74 said:
It slowed down because of Paris.  Nobody wants to get shot by her husband.

Well you all have to admit that I bring about some entertaining topics to this forum  :D
And NO I do not drive a mini van - another "assumption" about moms in Irvine. Some of us prefer to drive nice German luxury sedans  8)

Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
It slowed down because of Paris.  Nobody wants to get shot by her husband.

Well you all have to admit that I bring about some entertaining topics to this forum  :D
And NO I do not drive a mini van - another "assumption" about moms in Irvine. Some of us prefer to drive nice German luxury sedans  8)

Minivans are #hellasexy

JustSayin said:
eyephone said:
JustSayin said:

How focus do you want a person to be regarding real estate slow down, when we all see the drop in prices.

eyephone said:
JustSayin said:
eyephone said:
JustSayin said:

How focus do you want a person to be regarding real estate slow down, when we all see the drop in prices.

I still dont get it.

JustSayin said:
eyephone said:
JustSayin said:
eyephone said:
JustSayin said:

I still dont get it.

You previously made a statement, that people are understandably not focused on slowdown of RE market right now.

Just speaking from my own experience, after I purchased a home a few years ago, all the talk about Stonegate, CV, OH, LA, HC, etc. did not interest me at all since I already had a home.  I think the recent mini-bubble probably did the same to quite a few of the posters here as I'm sure quite a few people here purchased.  Now, they're posting about flooring, garage cabinets, contractors, gardeners, etc.  So, I think it's just the cycle.  The next batch of people will eventually come.

irvinehusky said:
Just speaking from my own experience, after I purchased a home a few years ago, all the talk about Stonegate, CV, OH, LA, HC, etc. did not interest me at all since I already had a home.  I think the recent mini-bubble probably did the same to quite a few of the posters here as I'm sure quite a few people here purchased.  Now, they're posting about flooring, garage cabinets, contractors, gardeners, etc.  So, I think it's just the cycle.  The next batch of people will eventually come.
If we talk about it, they will come.  haha

JustSayin said:
With other interesting topics like the Dow (and 5/1) slide, Ebola, the Apocalypse, Ghosts in Irvine, Mexicans in Irvine, Racists on TI, Homicidal Minivan Drivers, Nash injury de jure, and the Apple non-event-event, people are understandably not that focused on a slow RE market right now.

you forgot clowns in bakersfield?

irvinehusky said:

I had a similar experience.  I genuinely thought I would still actively participate in TI after we finally bought a house.  Esp as I posted pretty frequently in the non real estate sections as well.  But I ended up not visiting the site for nearly a year and came back when OH was opening up to get a pulse on it. 

One curious thing I noticed that I hope you regulars can explain.  Whats with all the deleted posts?  It looks like a few members are going to every post they ever made and deleting what they wrote as if they are trying to disappear from TI? 

Also the name changes are really confusing. 

rkp said:
One curious thing I noticed that I hope you regulars can explain.  Whats with all the deleted posts?  It looks like a few members are going to every post they ever made and deleting what they wrote as if they are trying to disappear from TI? 

one reason for the deleted posts was to delete potentially to much information that could lead to that member being tracked down/identified.

qwerty said:
rkp said:

one reason for the deleted posts was to delete potentially to much information that could lead to that member being tracked down/identified.

I think there were two posters, who went by various names at different times,  who realized that this was a public, not private, forum.
Apparently they were concerned that they could be stalked to a particular "village" and that someone would care enough to do so.

So, it seems their total paranoia and inflated sense of importance led them to delete all of their posts.

qwerty said:
rkp said:

A lot of deleted posts are very informative and quite entertaining.  It's just too bad that the situation arrived and let to the poster to delete their post.

I don't know what happened and not trying to open old fights but below is an example that just doesn't make sense. 
I came across that a few days ago and was glad that someone quoted the OP as that info is valuable.  Back in the old IHB days, people would even keep a tracker of phases and prices per phase.  While that might not exist today, deleting phase release info and pricing kind of takes away the value of this board.  When we were actively searching for a house, that info was super valuable. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4191.msg224517.html#msg224517

Attachments

• example of deleted posts.png
    example of deleted posts.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 109
@rkp:

I agree with you that deleting posts does remove value which is why you can no longer delete posts (AKA The PatStar Rule) but people found a way around it by modifying them.

Not sure if zovall can prevent modifications (maybe after a length of time) but in the end, members should be allowed to edit their own content.

At least you know that quoting helps preserve some of that valuable information (so quote whenever you see something you like!). :)

Back