Silvermist by K.Hovnanian Homes at Beacon Park

Wife and I have purchase agreement in Beacon that we signed in late August, our lot doesn't show as sold, so unsure on what the lag is like to post as sold, if builder needs certain benchmarks (ie. loan, deposits etc). 

Not sure what I'd consider good sales for 1.5mm houses, 4 (announced) in a month on the non CDS appears fine to me.  Puts them on pace to sell out 51 homes in just under 13 months. 

LongIrvine said:
Wife and I have purchase agreement in Beacon that we signed in late August, our lot doesn't show as sold, so unsure on what the lag is like to post as sold, if builder needs certain benchmarks (ie. loan, deposits etc). 

Not sure what I'd consider good sales for 1.5mm houses, 4 (announced) in a month on the non CDS appears fine to me.  Puts them on pace to sell out 51 homes in just under 13 months.

Right, selling all in 12-18 months would be considered a success. It's just that this BP opening deviates from standard builder protocol. That is, I think the goal is to price the first phase or two aggressively and sell those, likely smaller lots, quickly. This builds momentum and scares buyers onto the pre-qual list and scares them into accepting a less than perfect lot.

There is no momentum here. Were I interested, I'd keep visiting and talking to the sales reps, and trying to get some concessions. I'd be in no hurry.

I truly think the buyer pool for homes in the range of $1.3M to $1.8M are fairly small compared to the number of homes they are building in that range. And there seems to be alot of choices from Stonegate, OH, Beacon Park.

If you read this message, you must be showing some interest in Silvermist or million dollar or similar homes. Means, you are at a price range of $1.3m and up.

Just curious, What do you do for living to pay this mortgage? :) And how much do you make per year?

By the way, I am your neighbor with 900k home after stretching my wallet really hard. 

Java123 what do you do for a living and how much do you make? Let us know and I'll tell you what I do and how much I make.

Btw, I'm your neighbor in an older Irvine hood with a paid off $2 million dollar home but at one time I did work and stretched to pay for my house just like you. In fact I used to live in a not so nice area when rates were over 18% for a mortgage and literally lived paycheck to paycheck. I wrote the date each bill was due on the envelope and didn't mail them out until I knew they would reach the recipient the day before they were due. I had a 5 year balloon payment. Many in my neighborhood were foreclosed on when those balloons came due but thru sacrifice (and starting a family) we made it work for us, sold the place and started our trek toward Irvine which is where I should have started in the first place but fell into the "Irvine is too expensive" trap.

Ready2Downsize said:
Java123 what do you do for a living and how much do you make? Let us know and I'll tell you what I do and how much I make.

Btw, I'm your neighbor in an older Irvine hood with a paid off $2 million dollar home but at one time I did work and stretched to pay for my house just like you. In fact I used to live in a not so nice area when rates were over 18% for a mortgage and literally lived paycheck to paycheck. I wrote the date each bill was due on the envelope and didn't mail them out until I knew they would reach the recipient the day before they were due. I had a 5 year balloon payment. Many in my neighborhood were foreclosed on when those balloons came due but thru sacrifice (and starting a family) we made it work for us, sold the place and started our trek toward Irvine which is where I should have started in the first place but fell into the "Irvine is too expensive" trap.

Java123,
along the same lines as the above reply, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of older folks who have a lot of built up equity from previous paid off homes looking in this price range. Especially if you're talking about the single story homes.  That, plus buyers with dual income professional jobs, business owners, gains from stock market, etc etc. Some people are probably bringing a large downpayment to make the 1.5M+ homes have a more reasonable monthly payment. If you're stretching really hard for 900K house on a 300K income as you say, then my guess is you're probably on the younger side and haven't had as much time to build up a large downpayment/cash position.

im pretty conservative but 900K house with a 300K income should be pretty easy to do in my opinion...

Yeah, unless you have other obligations. Child support, alimony, loans.  Otherwise it's comfy living.

You would think if sales are really that bad they would at least give out free food.  It's funny that in today's invite they point out the food trucks will be non-hosted, even though it's always been that way dating back to PP.  Well, at least the smile are free!  :)

We?re throwing a party to increase the weekend fun factor. Our next Sunday Funday is October 25 from Noon ? 4pm. Bring a friend (two-legged or four-legged), bring your neighbors, bring your kids; the more the merrier. And come hungry. We?ll have non-hosted food trucks dishing out the OC?s best food while you jam to live music from The Salty Suites.
Free smiles served all day.

I recall that they were having trouble selling Citrine and Jade's. 

Added a several structural options on Jade at $60-80/ft for a breakfast nook and extra bedroom above dining room (which got rid of 18ft? maybe 20ft, well very high ceilings).   

Had heard that they were discontinuing Citrine. 

LongIrvine said:

Added a several structural options on Jade at $60-80/ft for a breakfast nook and extra bedroom above dining room (which got rid of 18ft? maybe 20ft, well very high ceilings).   

Portola Springs is the kiss of death.  Same homes in other places like CV sold like hot cakes.

Happiness said:
LongIrvine said:

Portola Springs is the kiss of death.  Same homes in other places like CV sold like hot cakes.

MMMN!!!  we are discussing Beacon Park here.  How did PS get in?

Anyway I liked the Citrine model.  I think it works well for families with older kids and with the downstairs master you can live till you meet the maker.  Too bad they started the houses so damn high.
It also looks like other similar models like Saviero Plan 1 with Master downstairs and high ceilings also had difficulty selling and were discontinued.    Any idea why, any Feng Shuai  problem with those? 

But La Vita had no problems all those plans with downstairs Master.

It was mostly the downstairs masters. 
On another note, the changes they made at Jade, really makes it one of the best buys now.

Jade has a 4 car garage, which no one mentions.  I can fit 2 NSX in the back and 2 full size sedans in the front. 
It feels good inside with 10ft ceilings.
The new dining nook and loft makes the place feel so much bigger now.
$1.5 Million for a 4105 SQFT home with home lots in the +7,000SQFT without any premiums.  That works out to $375/sqft.

If anyone is going to complain about the cfd and taxes, it's deductible from your income so who cares.  Yes I finally saw the light.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-05-09 00.32.22.png
    Screenshot 2016-05-09 00.32.22.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 155
MFWIC said:
It was mostly the downstairs masters. 
On another note, the changes they made at Jade, really makes it one of the best buys now.

Jade has a 4 car garage, which no one mentions.  I can fit 2 NSX in the back and 2 full size sedans in the front. 
It feels good inside with 10ft ceilings.
The new dining nook and loft makes the place feel so much bigger now.
$1.5 Million for a 4105 SQFT home with home lots in the +7,000SQFT without any premiums.  That works out to $375/sqft.

If anyone is going to complain about the cfd and taxes, it's deductible from your income so who cares.  Yes I finally saw the light.

CFD is tax deductible?!? I wasn't aware it was, but maybe I've been wrong this entire time. Anyone else write CFD off?

Back