Shady Canyon

Shady Canyon is limited to 400 homes although there isn't near to that number built out yet - perhaps closer to 300 or less - most of the homes currently listed are spec homes - in fact of the 20 or so properties that I've toured recently, only 1 was currently being lived in, all the rest were vacant or professionally staged.

There are a few established somewhat inland higher end OC communities that could provide a reference point for where shady canyon prices could head. So we'll include communities with large premium homes (3k sf- 10k+) with large lots and no ocean view. Off the top of my mind, there are three communities that fit the description, Dove Canyon/Coto, Nellie Gail and Ladera Ranch Covenant Hills.

I do think that Shady Canyon is 'special' and has some things that will allow it to be the highest end inland community.

1. Very quiet and private

2. Large lots (although not >1 acre like some in NG and Coto)

3. Very close to job centers in Irvine

Although I think the fact that Shady is not equestrian hurts a bit. I'm not sure why they made that decision, but i think it adds a bit of value to the homes in Nellie Gail and Coto

Now, if you're a long term buyer and are looking in 20 years time where will it be? I think the premium over the established communities will have worn off and it will end up with pretty comparable costs per sf. for all three communities (coto, NG and SC), and Ladera trading at a discount

We've been looking at lots in Shady - any comments on what the most desirable lots would be and what they are REALLY worth? We're looking at the lots on Boulder View and Canyon Creek. C.Creek has some view lots in the $2.595m range, but they are very narrow and it's a busy street compared to the others in Shady. Also, since there are no houses built around the lots with the best view, you're going to have to put up with construction vehicles and noise for the next few years as the lots around you are built (assuming you are first to build).

[quote author="whiskeyjack" date=1207616800]We've been looking at lots in Shady - any comments on . . . what they are REALLY worth?</blockquote>

Whatever a willing buyer and a willing seller agree on.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1208952645][quote author="whiskeyjack" date=1207616800]We've been looking at lots in Shady - any comments on . . . what they are REALLY worth?</blockquote>

Whatever a willing buyer and a willing seller agree on.</blockquote>

One is not only paying for the buildable area inside the boundary of the property but the land surrounding the property dedicated for open space as well. The openess and extra elbow room between neighbors are all factored into the equation. There is no such thing as FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE land.

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but it looks like <a href="http://www.trulia.com/property/1056439672-53-Canyon-Crk-Irvine-CA-92603#sold_data">53 Canyon Creek</a> was sold for $750,000 in March and then relisted for 2,999,000.

I thought there were lots still available. I'm sure if you call TIC, they will let you know. That info used to be available on the website, but now they are restricting info as well as sales / releases. :p

According to <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/news/million-home-canyon-1850020-price-asking">this article in the Register</a>, the last lot was sold in September.

access to the homesites information is on a need to know basis and quite frankly, you people don't need to know. if you go to shadycanyon.com it'll take you directly to the golf club information and nothing else. but what the hell, i'll throw you peasants a bone.

here's a link to where you can find an interactive shady canyon homesites map. search by street and then you can click on each lot. you can see the shape of the lots, total sq ft, and buildable sq ft. there's only a few small lots still available. look at tree fern and echo glen.

<strong>SECRET WEBSITE:

http://www.shadycanyon.com/homes/</strong>

<em>note to self: come up with better way of hiding secret website than /homes</em>

[quote author="ABC123" date=1208989044]I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but it looks like <a href="http://www.trulia.com/property/1056439672-53-Canyon-Crk-Irvine-CA-92603#sold_data">53 Canyon Creek</a> was sold for $750,000 in March and then relisted for 2,999,000.</blockquote>

$750k for the lot would have been a firesale.... info wrong is my guess.

[quote author="acpme" date=1208995459]access to the homesites information is on a need to know basis and quite frankly, you people don't need to know. if you go to shadycanyon.com it'll take you directly to the golf club information and nothing else. but what the hell, i'll throw you peasants a bone.

here's a link to where you can find an interactive shady canyon homesites map. search by street and then you can click on each lot. you can see the shape of the lots, total sq ft, and buildable sq ft. there's only a few small lots still available. look at tree fern and echo glen.

<strong>SECRET WEBSITE:

http://www.shadycanyon.com/homes/</strong>

<em>note to self: come up with better way of hiding secret website than /homes</em></blockquote>

And the peasants rejoyced!

Back