Semi-detached vs Detached??

Burn That Belly said:
I did a search on this fever guy you guys keep mentioning but then there are no search results. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not a big fan of EW neighborhood per say. Just making a point regarding attached or detached. I prefer the exclusive feel of gated communities like NW or the up and coming OH3.

You are missing something that was for entertainment purposes only, but surely helped me to decide where to buy and invest.
What about between detached one near big roads/freeways and attached in a better location?
Obviously detached would still most likely have a higher listing price, but where would you buy?

Mety said:
Burn That Belly said:
I did a search on this fever guy you guys keep mentioning but then there are no search results. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not a big fan of EW neighborhood per say. Just making a point regarding attached or detached. I prefer the exclusive feel of gated communities like NW or the up and coming OH3.

You are missing something that was for entertainment purposes only, but surely helped me to decide where to buy and invest.
What about between detached one near big roads/freeways and attached in a better location?
Obviously detached would still most likely have a higher listing price, but where would you buy?

Don't buy a big road

Mety said:
Burn That Belly said:

If you're that close to choosing between detached or attached... I would just keep searching for a detached property in a better location.  Cost a bit more now but long run going to be way better.

Mety said:
Would anyone consider CVE near big roads (133 fwy)?

I'd stay clear of any big roads or highways. Makes resale harder down road. Been there done that.

jmoney74 said:
Mety said:

I'd stay clear of any big roads or highways. Makes resale harder down road. Been there done that.

1) So back to his earlier question, do you consider CVE as being near "big roads"? 
2) What is your criteria for being near a "big road"? 

Mety said:

Well, CVE borders the 133. So, yes, it's near a 'big road'.  If you think about most communities in East Irvine, there's something nearby.

I've lived/owned in Stonegate, Woodbury and CVE.  I'm really enjoying CVE so far.

Here are some more thoughts.  What about those detached homes that don't necessarily have a wall in the backyard to separate you from neighbors?  I always thought this was a little odd.  Meaning, a neighbor's outside stucco structure of their house acts as a wall for your backyard.

While the property is detached, I still think this is odd and not much better than an attached property which has proper separation in the backyard.  I'd hate for a neighbor's kid to be playing handball outside in their backyard, and that ball is hitting my home because the exterior of my home acts as a wall for a supposed detached property.

In this case I think I'd prefer an attached property with a true wall separating my yard from my neighbor's yard, not the side or back of my neighbor's home acting as a wall.  Just my two cents.

Also, personally I don't think the 133 freeway is all that noisy, I think the 5/405, Jamboree, Irvine Blvd. and Sand Canyon Blvd. are all louder than the 133.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:

There are lot of exciting products coming out very shortly. Namely OH3, PSx, etc. I would wait and see what they offer.
The price point for OH3 vs CVE is not comparable.
PS4b may have comparables but you're looking at maybe 1-2 years away, I personally wouldn't wait that long.  I'd only wait if I was in the position to get a premium view lot.

For what it's worth, that 133 is actually quieter than Sand Canyon. 

Also the way that 133 is positioned related to CVE, not much of traffic noise travel to the neighborhood.  I've visited CVE multiple time and can't really notice any traffic noise from the 133.

Compare to Varenna at OH, that 261 traffic noise is quite noticeable from the outside. 

undecided said:
Here are some more thoughts.  What about those detached homes that don't necessarily have a wall in the backyard to separate you from neighbors?  I always thought this was a little odd.  Meaning, a neighbor's outside stucco structure of their house acts as a wall for your backyard.

While the property is detached, I still think this is odd and not much better than an attached property which has proper separation in the backyard.  I'd hate for a neighbor's kid to be playing handball outside in their backyard, and that ball is hitting my home because the exterior of my home acts as a wall for a supposed detached property.

In this case I think I'd prefer an attached property with a true wall separating my yard from my neighbor's yard, not the side or back of my neighbor's home acting as a wall.  Just my two cents.

Also, personally I don't think the 133 freeway is all that noisy, I think the 5/405, Jamboree, Irvine Blvd. and Sand Canyon Blvd. are all louder than the 133.

Sounds like you are referring to a zero lot line property.  I had this at my last property and honestly doesn't get in your way until your neighbor decides to repaint or fumigate their place - then the impact is pretty large all of a sudden. 

I drive down Ridge Valley past CVE everyday and to be honest there's almost zero noise down there, from the 133, Sand Canyon or otherwise.  One other huge thing no one seems to mention is Trellis Court has about 10 units that front Ridge Valley and are 2 deep/single loaded.  I thought it was pretty awesome to pay about the same as everyone else and only share your driveway with one other neighbor.  For that I'll take the risk to front a larger street gladly(I honestly think Ridge Valley will rival Sand Canyon for traffic once GP and PS3/5 are fully built out). 

upon9k said:
undecided said:

Sounds like you are referring to a zero lot line property.  I had this at my last property and honestly doesn't get in your way until your neighbor decides to repaint or fumigate their place - then the impact is pretty large all of a sudden. 

I drive down Ridge Valley past CVE everyday and to be honest there's almost zero noise down there, from the 133, Sand Canyon or otherwise.  One other huge thing no one seems to mention is Trellis Court has about 10 units that front Ridge Valley and are 2 deep/single loaded.  I thought it was pretty awesome to pay about the same as everyone else and only share your driveway with one other neighbor.  For that I'll take the risk to front a larger street gladly(I honestly think Ridge Valley will rival Sand Canyon for traffic once GP and PS3/5 are fully built out). 

I used to live in Woodbury East right against San Canyon. It was horrible. Especially when the dump trucks would drive down the street at 4am shaking the whole house. 133 sounds like a library compared to Sand Canyon.

rickr said:
I used to live in Woodbury East right against San Canyon. It was horrible. Especially when the dump trucks would drive down the street at 4am shaking the whole house. 133 sounds like a library compared to Sand Canyon.

True I forgot about the dump trucks.  One of our friends lived right next to the 60 freeway behind a huge retaining wall and everyone thought she moved b/c of all the car noise.  She later revealed that was like white noise, it was the dump trucks and 18 wheelers bottoming out on bumps that waking her up in the middle of the night 3-4 times.

ill add my 2 cents since i've lived in CVE for the last 7 months. 

Let's be very clear about one thing.  You can most definitely hear highway noise.  You can hear the train, BUT only when it uses its horn.

With that said, the noise is absolutely minimal.  I think most of the noise is from cars on the 5 north fwy to 133 east junction (you can see the cars at certain angles), but the convenience of living here is the main reason we purchased here.

Location Location Location.  Really depends on what you want, but location was the main driver of our purchase decision. 

I'm not sure what is being built out in PS, but in CVE, the Great Park is literally a 7 min walk away (about a city block), the retail center "base camp" will be on the other side of ridge valley, ice rink will also be right across the street, and i can jump on the 5/405/133 within 3 minutes from my front door (yes i've timed this).

Once Marine way is opened up and connected from Sand Canyon to Alton, it'll be even easier to get around town. 

All good things about CVE, i'm hearing about a possible 133 ramp near CVE and a homeless shelter , will this happen? am considering CVE very seriously

Back