Semi-detached vs Detached??

Helena did well because the price was in the sweet spot of entry level buyers.

OCLuvr said:
Welcome back, YellowFever! You and I went over numbers for Petaluma and Helena. We compared appreciation in prices between Helena and Petaluma after 25 phases. Petaluma saw lesser appreciation than Helena.
Following is link for your reference:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15398.msg310625.html#msg310625

BTW, Delano is not 100K less; Delano Plan 2, 1714 Sq ft,3bed 2.5bath, is selling for $821K where as Petaluma Plan1 is selling roughly $858K. And, Delano ALL phases are completely sold out--so far.

Petaluma has 8 phases left and they have reached $900K. You are saying that in next 8 phases, prices would go up another $100K?

Why is Delano doing better then? Delano is $800k +. I don't think it is that simple. People weigh what they are getting at what price? If you are giving lesser sq ft for $80k more just because it is detached, I don't think that argument flies.

OCLuvr said:
Why is Delano doing better then? Delano is $800k +. I don't think it is that simple. People weigh what they are getting at what price? If you are giving lesser sq ft for $80k more just because it is detached, I don't think that argument flies.

Because price is rising and people are like man I got to get something.

Put it this way, if the sq ft and price were the same for detached and attached unit. I assume they will pick a detached unit.

You and I are saying the same thing. People don't want to pay $80k more for similar sq ft--even if it is detached. I don't know about others, but I don't like alley entrances which is what you get on Petaluma plan 1.

OCLuvr said:
You and I are saying the same thing. People don't want to pay $80k more for similar sq ft--even if it is detached. I don't know about others, but I don't like alley entrances which is what you get on Petaluma plan 1.

They will once it becomes resale time.

PrettyInGray said:
randys said:
Thanks for the insights folks!

@aquabliss @WTTCHMN

You are correct, I sent out the post out too quickly, the semi-detached is 885k.  Apologies, I've updated my original post.  And it's sort of a private deal.

We still think it's a good deal at around $333/sq ft.  If there are other opinions, would love to hear it before we commit.

That's a pretty good deal. Make sure you that's the area you want to stay (for however long you plan to be) and it's convenient for you.  I assume it's a turn-key home?

these are new homes

OCLuvr said:
And, you think Helena would be stuck at $800k's? I doubt it.

So you think if Helena goes to $900k then Petaluma won't be $1m+?  One has a $300+ HOA and the other has a low $100 HOA.  Buyers prefer detached (if they can afford it).

Burn That Belly said:
+1 with USC

When the dust settles at EW and everybody takes a step back and look at what they have and not what's on paper, Petaluma's with the extra deep lots or full driveways will be the first ones to hit $1 million easily.  What matters most is future appreciation potential and those with the bells and whistles are going to come out on top. I stand by my words when I say this will occur in mid to late 2018. Petaluma will have a different appreciation slope than Helena.

Happy to hear you pulled the trigger on Petaluma, Burn/YF/J1zz/BangBros. Congrats on your purchase!!

OCLuvr said:
I think you are getting confused. If I remember correctly, it was Piedmont

Lol. From what I recall, he had planned on making a deposit on Petaluma for months and ended up debating between it and Delano. Based on the current comments, looks like Petaluma was the winner.

Burn That Belly said:
I did a search on this fever guy you guys keep mentioning but then there are no search results. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not a big fan of EW neighborhood per say. Just making a point regarding attached or detached. I prefer the exclusive feel of gated communities like NW or the up and coming OH3.

ROFL  ;D ;D ;D

Burn That Belly said:
I did a search on this fever guy you guys keep mentioning but then there are no search results. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not a big fan of EW neighborhood per say. Just making a point regarding attached or detached. I prefer the exclusive feel of gated communities like NW or the up and coming OH3.

From Burn That Belly AKA YF

"Eastwood or OH3 all the way!"

Burn That Belly said:

Hey Burn That Belly.  You seem pretty knowledgeable.  Would you happen to know of a way to compare all the various health/safety concerns between the different Irvine neighborhoods?  I'm a visual-learner and a numbers guy, so maybe you know of a spreadsheet or something that quantitatively applies a risk-based score to each of the different areas.  Thanks!

Back