Seeking Irvine Home Advice!

MsHouseHunter said:
What are your thoughts though regarding Jade Court's value moving forward despite its proximity to the freeway?

Proximity to freeway drives (pun intended) up property values.  You just don't want to directly back up to the freeway.  Fortunately none of the homes in CV do that, even Acacia has a larger buffer to the freeway than anything in QH or LA has to the 405.

We were in a similar situation, couldn't decide whether to buy new build or re-sale.

Looked at all new constructions. Here is what i think

Cypress village: Jade court: Very very close to HIGH way, friend was use to rent in cypress village, he advised not to buy there due to morning traffic rush, and late hours train noise.Not to mention, pollution, where CV tops the list.

PS: I dont think so Landfill in an issue at Luna. There is Great park, and so many other homes which are closer than Luna. And they are going to open a new Elementary school very close to Luna in Sep 2015, so that would increase its value. We liked relaxed, less noisy, Luna compared to other.

Orachard Hills: is very close, but that very expensive.

test said:
MsHouseHunter said:
What are your thoughts though regarding Jade Court's value moving forward despite its proximity to the freeway?

Proximity to freeway drives (pun intended) up property values.  You just don't want to directly back up to the freeway.  Fortunately none of the homes in CV do that, even Acacia has a larger buffer to the freeway than anything in QH or LA has to the 405.

Good to know,  Test. I'm surprised that even Acacia's proximity to the freeway wouldn't be considered "too close" from a value perspective.

My question is, why are you relying on us to make your final decision?

You want a million dollar home with a $600k budget.

eyephone said:
My question is, why are you relying on us to make your final decision?

You want a million dollar home with a $600k budget.

I'm not relying on it, but just listening to the collective of thoughts of people here?

Next weekend we'll visit and take a deeper look at Woodbury, Northpark, and some of the other older neighborhoods.

What specifically from what I've said is making it seem as though I'd only be happy with a million dollar home? I'm fine with a attached or detached condo that is 1400-1600 sq feet in Irvine. The only preference I've really put is not having someone above or below and not significantly close to a freeway. We're open to spending in the mid 600s as well (eg, Jade Court). I understand that the home we want isn't exactly growing on trees but we're fine with taking our time. Does this seem unrealistic?

thatOSguy said:
MsHouseHunter said:
test said:
MsHouseHunter said:

Good to know,  Test. I'm surprised that even Acacia's proximity to the freeway wouldn't be considered "too close" from a value perspective.

I don't agree. Folks look on a map and pass/discount accordingly.

I think proximity to freeway is good, i.e. within 5-10 minutes.  But I don't think this logic applies if you are really close to the freeway like a good chunk of CV.    True, how close is too close depends on personal opinion, but if you're asking yourself this question about a property it will be the same question that prospective buyers are thinking if/when you want to sell.

irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:
I know you ruled out Portola but this listing has the lowest $/SF in Irvine, is relatively new and a former model home:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/147-Silverado-92618/home/45462419

Your boyfriend can take 241 toll road to IE and save time on commute. 

Can something be converted to a 3rd bed?  Pretty big house for 2 bedrooms. Plus 3 bedrooms resell better IMO.

Good point and from the pictures it doesn't look like a 1900 sf house.  Maybe the sf is incorrect.  Hard to imagine that it's still sitting on the market at that price. 

If you are not sure of Jade Court or Luna both about the best designed Motorcourt products with the lowest price then the option is to wait for the 6 pack motorcourt at the great park. Same price but bigger lot and bigger yard. The the trade-off it is not an Irvine Company community but from what I have been seeing the designs are much better due to larger lots and the developer is not a tight wad on land.

Meggie said:
irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:
I know you ruled out Portola but this listing has the lowest $/SF in Irvine, is relatively new and a former model home:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/147-Silverado-92618/home/45462419

Can something be converted to a 3rd bed?  Pretty big house for 2 bedrooms. Plus 3 bedrooms resell better IMO.

Good point and from the pictures it doesn't look like a 1900 sf house.  Maybe the sf is incorrect.  Hard to imagine that it's still sitting on the market at that price.

Agree definitely doesn't look like 1900sf, or the pictures are poorly taken...

c4 said:
Meggie said:
irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:

It's 1,671 sq ft according to this floor plan:http://www.dianemerassa.com/images_templ/pdf/portola_springs/sancarlos/sancarlos-res-e.pdf

nu2irvine said:
I looked at this home a while back - liked it. Price wise it is in your range. Is this the area ok for what you want? If so, there are plenty of great options in that area.

In nice area of Irvine. Easy access to Freeways and shopping etc.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Summerfield-92614/unit-5/home/5653434

Cheers.

Apparently the term "close to freeway" needs to be qualified.  Close to freeway is only an advantage if it means close to freeway access lol.

Meggie said:
irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:

It has a "4" in the address.....

"In the eyes of the Chinese, 4 is generally disliked by people just as 13 is in the western world. This is because Four is pronounced Si in Chinese, the same as ? (death). Therefore, many buildings, especially hotels don not set the fourth, fourteenth and twenty-fourth floors and other floors with 4. When choosing the telephone numbers and the vehicle identification numbers, many people would avoid number 4."

paperboyNC said:
c4 said:
Meggie said:
irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:

It's 1,671 sq ft according to this floor plan:http://www.dianemerassa.com/images_templ/pdf/portola_springs/sancarlos/sancarlos-res-e.pdf

"- Highly Upgraded Former Model Home
- Award-winning Northwood High School
- 2 Bed, 2 Bath, 2 Car Attached Garage
- Open Floor Plan (Aprox. 1,872sf)

Highly upgraded over $56,000 - almost new condition! *This spacious, two-story former model home boasts approximately 1,872sf of living space *All bedrooms upstairs *Modern loft feel, open floor plan with living / dining room and kitchen *Open gourmet kitchen has granite tile countertops w/ backsplash, stainless steel appliances & sink, dark wood cabinets *Gorgeous master suite w/walk-in closet *Lovely master bath w/dual vanities, white tile countertop, large tub, separate shower w/white tile surrounds, and porcelain floor *Inside laundry room *Bright recessed lights, plantation window shutters. *Comfortable private entrance with direct access to 2 car attached garage *Steps away to resort style amenities w/Silverado Park, association pool, BBQ, tennis / basketball courts *Award-winning Northwood High School."
http://realestatewebsolutions.net/property/mls/147Silverado/index.php

We actually did check out one of the Silverado homes. Can't recall if it was this one. It just wasn't for us.

quattroporte said:
paperboyNC said:
c4 said:
Meggie said:
irvinehome0wner said:
Meggie said:

"- Highly Upgraded Former Model Home
- Award-winning Northwood High School
- 2 Bed, 2 Bath, 2 Car Attached Garage
- Open Floor Plan (Aprox. 1,872sf)

Highly upgraded over $56,000 - almost new condition! *This spacious, two-story former model home boasts approximately 1,872sf of living space *All bedrooms upstairs *Modern loft feel, open floor plan with living / dining room and kitchen *Open gourmet kitchen has granite tile countertops w/ backsplash, stainless steel appliances & sink, dark wood cabinets *Gorgeous master suite w/walk-in closet *Lovely master bath w/dual vanities, white tile countertop, large tub, separate shower w/white tile surrounds, and porcelain floor *Inside laundry room *Bright recessed lights, plantation window shutters. *Comfortable private entrance with direct access to 2 car attached garage *Steps away to resort style amenities w/Silverado Park, association pool, BBQ, tennis / basketball courts *Award-winning Northwood High School."
http://realestatewebsolutions.net/property/mls/147Silverado/index.php

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you are not sure of Jade Court or Luna both about the best designed Motorcourt products with the lowest price then the option is to wait for the 6 pack motorcourt at the great park. Same price but bigger lot and bigger yard. The the trade-off it is not an Irvine Company community but from what I have been seeing the designs are much better due to larger lots and the developer is not a tight wad on land.

Good to know! I'm not too familiar with the Great Park but I'll look into it as well. Are there floor plans for the motorcourt as well?

Back