Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

Maserson said:
Burn That Belly said:
They should've just turned the GP into a drag strip. Remember how several years ago, motortrend had the "Worlds Greatest Drag Race" here.

Didn't Porsche club of OC have a meet last year:https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...tocross-event-el-toro-field-pca-orange-504817

Somebody posted about it.

Yeah, Porsche Club has several autocross event at GP ever year, and the next one is May 20.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15301.msg308240.html#msg308240

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 118
Raced at OCIR on many grudge nights, and at Irwindale, and Big Willy's street races. '69 Charger R/T, 440 4-speed, 4:10. Insurance cost killed that.

That was Irvine, back in the day. Nitro funnies! Know where it was? South of the fruit stand a few miles.

Burn That Belly said:
Maserson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Don't leave us hanging... who won?

Was two PRC kids and one Taiwanese kid, so I guess PRC won?  J/k, they weren't belligerent. I stopped going to these playgrounds because they're either empty or my kids can't communicate with the kids playing there.

China will surpass the US one day with technological prowess...they already have their own homebrew c919 passenger plane, J-20 fighter jet, aircraft carrier, surveillance programs, etc.  So it's best that your kids start learning Mandarin. So some interaction with these folks is a positive thing, even if it means picking up a few bad manners.  ;D

Tracking humans in real time. It's almost like minority report. They will be able to build profiles of people, predict their every move, etc.

Mainland China AI technology picked out someone the cops were looking for out of a crowd of 60,000 concertgoers in real time. That's incredibly advanced AI technology since all Chinese look alike.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43751276

BtB,

Gotta clean the site, it is law. CEQA regulations. OWEN report says it will cost $30M plus just for what they know. Plenty of surprises await under the Jarhead surface.

Need to move the burrowing owls, endangered weeds, lead, asbestos, toxic asphalt, etc., all nastier than Ashley Judd!

Wanna "stick it to the man"? Yes on B, FivePoint gets ARDA and whatever that big clean-up bill gets to be. And they pay $10M to start the cemetery on Strawberry Field!

If not FivePoint then taxpayers. Not a good deal. ARDA will be developed YES or NO vote.

Gave up cars - too much for my thin wallet, went D37 desert racing. Now just cruise on my Harley. Wind therapy!

since this thread is now about cars and track racing, anyone check out the porsche experience in carson yet? worth it?

@BTB: How about Lambert Ranch? Is that Porsche?

LF = Buick | PS = Hyundai | GP = Volkswagen | CVE = Kia | EW = BMW | OHR = AMG | OHG = Tesla | LA = Porsche | ALTR = Aston Martin | QH = Volvo | CV = Acura | WB/SG = Infiniti/Lexus | WBE/CVE = Nissan | TR = Land Rover | TL = Cadillac  | TRock = Bentley | HC = Maserati | NPC = Lambo

Since it?s next to PS which Belly gave it a Hyundai. (Since some people may say LR is premium) Therefore LR is a Kia Stinger GT, which is a 365-horsepower, rear- wheel drive luxury sport sedan. 

the.irvine said:
How about Lambert Ranch? Is that Porsche?

LF = Buick | PS = Hyundai | GP = Volkswagen | CVE = Kia | EW = BMW | OHR = AMG | OHG = Tesla | LA = Porsche | ALTR = Aston Martin | QH = Volvo | CV = Acura | WB/SG = Infiniti/Lexus | WBE/CVE = Nissan | TR = Land Rover | TL = Cadillac  | TRock = Bentley | HC = Maserati | NPC = Lambo

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Since it?s next to PS which Belly gave it a Hyundai. (Since some people may say LR is premium) Therefore LR is a Kia Stinger GT, which is a 365-horsepower, rear- wheel drive luxury sport sedan. 

the.irvine said:

Indeed. But let's give it the benefit of the doubt. It's the flagship G90.

You guys are missing the most exciting new sedan ? the Alfa romeo Giulia (quadrifoglio) . Maybe no excitement in Irvine ?

Burn That Belly said:
fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:

the.irvine said:

Indeed. But let's give it the benefit of the doubt. It's the flagship G90.

You guys are missing the most exciting new sedan ? the Alfa romeo Giulia (quadrifoglio) . Maybe no excitement in Irvine ?

First affordable Italian car state-side with performance that gives BMW a run for it's money. But I'm having a hard time with that front grill/beak design.

I test drove one sometime back (not the quad but the lower hp version ). Amazing car ? reminded me of the e39 5 series that I owned briefly more than a decade ago . Mercedes and bmw (or even Audi ) of today don?t even come close in handling and connectedness .

But perhaps styling is an acquired taste here , you will stand out though in a sea of other wise blandness .

Yes on B ~ Vet Cemetery goes to strawberry fields.  10,000 more homes get built at the old site
No on B ~ Vet Cemetery goes to original site. 

So a Yes on B means 5 points will build 10,000 more homes? 
If not, what will 5 points do with the original cemetery site?

FYI: I saw all the yes and no on B signs up on Culver.  I saw more Yes on B signs then No's!

Back