Rugs

Cubic Zirconia said:
homer_simpson said:
I picked up a big area rug (8x10) from TJ Maxx home goods for $199.  It's shaggy and feels so soft!! Can't wait for Bart to drop lego pieces inside!!

You ditched Costco! They have nice shag rugs too.. Mine are from Costco, and I have had them for ten years, still very good..

You have a year before lego pieces start getting stuck in carpets, but before that.. *thinking.. how best to break the news* Bart will nibble on a cookie and hide it in the carpet. Bart will take his bottle, hurl it on the floor, and it will land on the carpet, leaking. Bart will discover that he can undo his diaper velcro. Bart will also discover finger food. SoCal and IHO, help me out- tell Homer what other abuses and assaults the carpet can expect before lego :)

I have Berber remnants. It's an expensive carpet, and since we did upstairs in that carpet, and also the staircase, it would be nice to keep the matching rug in the living room. Worst rug I bought was from Ikea- I got what I paid for!

Costco didn't have anymore rugs.  :(

irvinehomeowner said:
I thought Costco ALWAYS has rugs... it's like batteries and TVs, they stock 'em year-round.

no, i think they are seasonal.  sometimes you see their display with all the rugs hanging. thats the thing about coscto and their furniture, if you like it you better buy it right then and there since it may not be back and will likely be gone soon.

ps9 said:
So stopped by again today, they still seem confused, spoke with Anthony who had to call over the manager.  Price will be around $100 for binding a 8x10 remnant.  Not sure if it is worth it.

what color was it? i saw a super soft shag rag (kas brand) in cream/ivory and was going to buy it but it didn't fit in my car. i called back a few hours later and it was gone! was it you?!

SoCal said:
FWIW, there are plenty of rugs on Costco's website.

I had my eyes on an ivory rug with brick red motif from costco online. But I think I will just get the remnant done - it will still be a Costco product :)
Qwerty, check out online collection- store never gets so many varieties. Also, you get to pick from the classy rugs- store caters mostly to upper middle class.

For those looking for a shag rug:http://www.costco.com/Majestic-Shag-Rug-CreamWhite-5'-3''-x-7'-3''.product.100004776.html

I have one of those shags in different color (mine has a border too), and a decade later, it's as good as new.

home depot also will bound carpet into an area rug. we got some martha stewart carpet bounded and custom sized. also was able to use the 10% lowes mover discount there

Back