Rugs

irvine pacific dumps all of their model home stuff here:

Home Consignment Center
18910 Teller Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 250-0326
thehomeconsignmentcenter.com?

its on Teller, between Campus/Dupont, next to Jamboree.

Psst.. Costco :) Very good quality rugs, cheaper prices compared to other stores carrying the same brands.
SoCal- if you still have the carpet leftovers- you can get area rugs done from Lowes. I am thinking of doing it. Have an 8X10 left over. The other pieces are too small- will discard. They are still sitting in the garage!

Cubic Zirconia said:
Psst.. Costco :) Very good quality rugs, cheaper prices compared to other stores carrying the same brands.
SoCal- if you still have the carpet leftovers- you can get area rugs done from Lowes. I am thinking of doing it. Have an 8X10 left over. The other pieces are too small- will discard. They are still sitting in the garage!

CZ, how does that work?  I'm going to have a lot of left over carpet from our new home...  :D

homer_simpson said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

CZ, how does that work?  I'm going to have a lot of left over carpet from our new home...  :D

Go to Lowes carpet department, and tell them you have a carpet remnant that you want bound. They charge you according to the perimeter of your carpet, and take a week. You can pick colors and styles. We got a quote, and chose the style, but haven't had time to drop off the carpet.

Also, both Socal and I went with Costco for our carpets. No last minute surprises in prices, no add-ons- one simple quote, and it includes everything from moving furniture to cleaning up after installation.

Hey CZ which Lowes did you go to make rugs out of your leftover carpet?  I went to the one at the District, the guy I talked to in the flooring section looks confused when I asked him about it.  He said they do not provide that service.  I don't think he's the regular floor person though, usually I see an older women there.  Gonna try again some other day, maybe the Irvine Lowes at the Marketplace.

ps9 said:
Hey CZ which Lowes did you go to make rugs out of your leftover carpet?  I went to the one at the District, the guy I talked to in the flooring section looks confused when I asked him about it.  He said they do not provide that service.  I don't think he's the regular floor person though, usually I see an older women there.  Gonna try again some other day, maybe the Irvine Lowes at the Marketplace.

Marketplace. The guy even gave us turn around date if we dropped off the carpet that day.. Try calling marketplace Lowes and talking to them.

Haven't had the chance to check on Lowes at the marketplace, been busy with the move and recovery. 

ps9, we were at the Lowes in District last evening, and checked out the 'rug' department. Yes, they do it, and got another quote for $2.60/linear ft to bind the run. We will drop our carpet remnant tonight and getting it back next Wednesday.

I must've talked to the new guy... thanks, will probably do that soon on my million things to do list

So stopped by again today, they still seem confused, spoke with Anthony who had to call over the manager.  Price will be around $100 for binding a 8x10 remnant.  Not sure if it is worth it.

I picked up a big area rug (8x10) from TJ Maxx home goods for $199.  It's shaggy and feels so soft!! Can't wait for Bart to drop lego pieces inside!!

homer_simpson said:
I picked up a big area rug (8x10) from TJ Maxx home goods for $199.  It's shaggy and feels so soft!! Can't wait for Bart to drop lego pieces inside!!

You ditched Costco! They have nice shag rugs too.. Mine are from Costco, and I have had them for ten years, still very good..

You have a year before lego pieces start getting stuck in carpets, but before that.. *thinking.. how best to break the news* Bart will nibble on a cookie and hide it in the carpet. Bart will take his bottle, hurl it on the floor, and it will land on the carpet, leaking. Bart will discover that he can undo his diaper velcro. Bart will also discover finger food. SoCal and IHO, help me out- tell Homer what other abuses and assaults the carpet can expect before lego :)

I have Berber remnants. It's an expensive carpet, and since we did upstairs in that carpet, and also the staircase, it would be nice to keep the matching rug in the living room. Worst rug I bought was from Ikea- I got what I paid for!

Back