Retail Openings and Closures

I think it's okay... that center is busy and both corners are asian-centric and there is a Vietnamese Pho place across Walnut.

I'm just not sure how big the market is for desserts and drinks (although I would try it out).

irvinehomeowner said:
I think it's okay... that center is busy and both corners are asian-centric and there is a Vietnamese Pho place across Walnut.

I'm just not sure how big the market is for desserts and drinks (although I would try it out).

The pho place is gone.  It's a Chinese beef noodle place now.

i just picked up some dinner at Pho So 1 (westpark center) and got my wife one of those che desserts, doesnt look tasty, bean, coconut, ice, etc. not my cup of tea. almost went down to that new 7-11 and got myself a slurpee.

qwerty said:
i just picked up some dinner at Pho So 1 (westpark center) and got my wife one of those che desserts, doesnt look tasty, bean, coconut, ice, etc. not my cup of tea. almost went down to that new 7-11 and got myself a slurpee.

It's 3:00PM.. Dinner?? How old are you? LOL

homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:

It's 3:00PM.. Dinner?? How old are you? LOL

my bad - i meant to say last night. whoops.

Just noticed today that Tri-Village in the Cypress Village plaza (formerly Trabuco Grove) has closed. Sign says a Korean soup place is coming in Spring.

Sjdavid said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to open Bambu - Desserts & Drinks in Irvine specifically at the Arbor Village Plaza between Walnut Ave & Jeffrey Rd.  It's known for their Vietnamese Che dessert and other fresh and healthy drinks.  What do you guys think about the chain and location?  It originated in San Jose and is expanding throughout the U.S.

Here's an article on the recently opened Bambu in San Francisco.http://www.sfgate.com/business/prwe...ts-Drinks-Announces-Grand-Opening-4236426.php
http://www.drinkbambu.com/

Don't do it there. There is already a Lollicup joint and you don't want to compete directly. Go boldly where no Bambi has gone before, such as Woodbury town centre.

The Chinese, Nam and Korean eateries have a few things in common and the chief of which is the dining experience. Food quality varies unpredictably, service is next to none existent and you can't even buy/bribe/tip to get any comforting friendliness. I dont expect a maitre'd at the door to take my jacket and hat but a simple warm greeting and direct eye contact would make a big difference to me. Reluctantly I go with my wife often just to make her happy, sigh, a small price to pay for having a lovely wife who can't live without asian food. I usually can't wait to leave even before I get seated.

Niko sushi at WB town center is nice for a quick fix. Taiko is always cosy and warm - my favorite whenever I am allowed to pick. All the sushi chefs shout out something in unison when you first walk in. You don't have to know Japanese to know that you are very welcome.

Just noticed that the big Pizza Hut in Crossroads closed. But it looks like it's reopening where Pasta Bravo used to be (although that was supposed to be another Italian eatery).

Also, the Aaron Bros art store closed and will be replaced by Veggie Grill.

Irvinecommuter said:
traceimage said:
Just noticed today that Tri-Village in the Cypress Village plaza (formerly Trabuco Grove) has closed. Sign says a Korean soup place is coming in Spring.

Koreans are taking over!!!!

It's gonna be called Tang 190... so a tofu place?

Han Taiwanese Cuisine, next to Fukada.. wonder what kind of food it's gonna be :).. should get alot of overflow from Fukada waitlist.. smart

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Creamistry.. another yogurt/ice cream place.. liquid nitrogen?  I'll give it a try.. at Crossroads
Is this replacing the closed Yogurt Passion?

Not sure.. never heard or been to Yogurt Passion.. was it a Yogurtland type? 

Blehhh, never liked Chipotle, the only restaurant I enjoy creating with ingredients is Mongolian BBQ. 

Back