Retail Openings and Closures

homer_simpson said:
What did you order?  last time we ordered 3 dishes for over $50.... >:D

ps9 said:
Seems like the eel noodles are getting good reviews, how was the stinkiness of the tofu?  I don't think my little one would like that :)

Can't believe you haven't gone to Oriental Noodle, their hu tieu is bland but decent and plus you can't get it anywhere else in irvine.  Try their Kung pao dishes, it has a more caramel roasty flavor over other Kung paos I had in irvine.  The squid is decent but they no longer have the "red" squid just the white ones.  The old Seafood cove #1 had the best squid, but have t gone back in years.

I think we had the kung pao chicken as well.. wasn't really impressed with that.  But their prices were awesome.. 7 dishes for like $45.

irvinehomeowner said:
That Woodbury center can't keep even bigger businesses going.

Woodbury Town Center is the kiss of death. I can think of so many restaurants that have closed. Thai Spice, Pastagina, Jalapenos, that Italian ice cream place, just off the top of my head.

Chinez in Westpark Plaza has closed.. I was saddened today as I drove up for my Jalapenos taco tuesday/Chinez shrimp lo mein two restaurant 1 stop combo.. Not my grandma's chinese food, but I enjoyed it.  Another mom/pop store gave up on Irvine Company's high rent prices. 

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to open Bambu - Desserts & Drinks in Irvine specifically at the Arbor Village Plaza between Walnut Ave & Jeffrey Rd.  It's known for their Vietnamese Che dessert and other fresh and healthy drinks.  What do you guys think about the chain and location?  It originated in San Jose and is expanding throughout the U.S.

Here's an article on the recently opened Bambu in San Francisco.http://www.sfgate.com/business/prwe...ts-Drinks-Announces-Grand-Opening-4236426.php
http://www.drinkbambu.com/

ps9 said:
Chinez in Westpark Plaza has closed.. I was saddened today as I drove up for my Jalapenos taco tuesday/Chinez shrimp lo mein two restaurant 1 stop combo.. Not my grandma's chinese food, but I enjoyed it.  Another mom/pop store gave up on Irvine Company's high rent prices. 
Wow... Chinez has been there forever.

A little pricey... and not very kid friendly... but their food was okay.

Sjdavid said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to open Bambu - Desserts & Drinks in Irvine specifically at the Arbor Village Plaza between Walnut Ave & Jeffrey Rd.  It's known for their Vietnamese Che dessert and other fresh and healthy drinks.  What do you guys think about the chain and location?  It originated in San Jose and is expanding throughout the U.S.

Here's an article on the recently opened Bambu in San Francisco.http://www.sfgate.com/business/prwe...ts-Drinks-Announces-Grand-Opening-4236426.php
http://www.drinkbambu.com/

You will be the only one in that plaza so you will not have the competition.  I usually drive all the way to Bolsa to get my Che fix.

You will be the only one in that plaza so you will not have the competition.  I usually drive all the way to Bolsa to get my Che fix.

I appreciate your feedback.  Only thing I'm worried is that the location is right behind Wienerschnitzel so it's hard to see from the main road plus its on the side of the plaza where there seems to be a lot less traffic.

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe you should market it like those Vietnamese Coffee places? :|

(sorry... very off-color joke... PatStar would get it)

Lol I get the joke.  But I don't think the city of Irvine would appreciate it very much

Sjdavid said:

I appreciate your feedback.  Only thing I'm worried is that the location is right behind Wienerschnitzel so it's hard to see from the main road plus its on the side of the plaza where there seems to be a lot less traffic.

Yeah that would be pretty hidden.  It's next to the Animal clinic right?

Yeah that would be pretty hidden.  It's next to the Animal clinic right?

That's correct.

I tried getting into Diamond Jamboree plaza instead but that place is full and no idea when a spot will open up. 

Back