Primrose at Portola Springs

BTW: If you are reading BK's illegal parking rant... I believe that only applies to SFDs. This looks like a detached condo product to which that code does not apply.

Or else every 4br detached condo without a driveway in Irvine is illegal.

irvinehomeowner said:
BTW: If you are reading BK's illegal parking rant... I believe that only applies to SFDs. This looks like a detached condo product to which that code does not apply.

Or else every 4br detached condo without a driveway in Irvine is illegal.

Really?  He mentioned about having a curb for parking.  So that would include the 4br detached condos such as Stonetree, Cashette etc...  Remember some 4BR detached condo are actually 3 + Den (no closet), so that's how they get away with it.  Any other project that  you can think of that violates it?

Just got this email today from Irvine Company:http://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/PS07?_EC=l43WARhMIyYtJwwgLOieMi

It says the Primrose is going to be considered a Single-Family Home, not a Detached Condo...but then again, on emails for Woodbury East, Irvine Company said the Coronado and Santa Cruz were Single-Family Homes, but, after talking with the sales people, later confirmed that they were both Detached Condos. (It still lists them as SFH on the main 2010 collection site:http://www.villagesofirvine.com/NewHomeCollection/main.aspx)

Santa Cruz may be a detached condo but at least they have SFH-like Hoa's :) 
(Santa Cruz HOA was about $125 I think and the Monterey townhomes were about $300.)

Stopped by today to see what they had at the Primrose office.  The sales lady said they will probably have the model homes ready in about a month or two, and will begin selling in 2-3 weeks.  So they are going to be selling these a few weeks prior to their model homes being completed.  I wondered who will be buying homes w/o seeing what they actually will look like.  But then again, I guess people are buying San Carlos units w/o seeing model homes for them...

kayochan said:
Stopped by today to see what they had at the Primrose office.  The sales lady said they will probably have the model homes ready in about a month or two, and will begin selling in 2-3 weeks.  So they are going to be selling these a few weeks prior to their model homes being completed.  I wondered who will be buying homes w/o seeing what they actually will look like.  But then again, I guess people are buying San Carlos units w/o seeing model homes for them...

Could you see if the models were being built?

ajw522 said:
kayochan said:

I only saw dirt behind the KB Homes/Primrose trailer. 

Oh by the way, I thought these didn't have a yard but the sales lady clarified that they will have side patios kinda like those for KB's Bougainvillea homes. 

She said that they will probably be a little bit longer but more narrow than the side yards found in Coronados (in WBE).  I also got the site plan for the first several phases and looks like some side patios will be bigger depending upon the location. 

kayochan said:
ajw522 said:
kayochan said:

Oh by the way, I thought these didn't have a yard but the sales lady clarified that they will have side patios kinda like those for KB's Bougainvillea homes. 

She said that they will probably be a little bit longer but more narrow than the side yards found in Coronados (in WBE).  I also got the site plan for the first several phases and looks like some side patios will be bigger depending upon the location. 

Do you think you can scan and attach the site plan?

ajw522 said:
kayochan said:
ajw522 said:
kayochan said:

Do you think you can scan and attach the site plan?

I would but I threw it away right after I came home since we decided that the homes were not for us.

[youtube]nKdIKP1arF0[/youtube]

For some reason, everytime i see this commercial while running on the treadmill every morning I think about the Primrose at Portola Springs. Please don't ask me why.

Panda said:
[youtube]nKdIKP1arF0[/youtube]

For some reason, everytime i see this commercial while running on the treadmill every morning I think about the Primrose at Portola Springs. Please don't ask me why.
Are you trying to say that TIC makes it seem like you get the big shiny red truck when in the process of buying a new home and when you finally move into you realize you only got a cardboard version?  haha  I love the look on the kids face.

just called their office. Their models are open on july 3rd. Prices are 579k for plan 1, 590k for plan 2, and 610k for plan 3 so that puts plan 3 for $296 per square foot. anyone interested in buying? Their mello roos is higher than the Woodbury east though...

I can't confirm this, but my friend said he went to the sales office and thinks that MR is $4000 and HOA is $250....

scubasteve said:
I can't confirm this, but my friend said he went to the sales office and thinks that MR is $4000 and HOA is $250....

PS is 1.8%?  so $4000 sounds about right...  rest of Irvine is around $2700/year...  that's pretty high HOA for detached....  wonder what it includes (extra fire insurance?).

The model homes for Primrose are open.  I liked the plan 3 the most.  The sales lady informed me that all the plan 3's for phase 1 through 3 have been sold.

I just went to check out Primrose today and I also liked Plan 3 the best since there's plenty of living space downstairs and upstairs w/ the loft/family room.  HOA is freaking $290 and MR is about $4150! The added costs in HOA and MR offset the low price/sqft....

These also come with a yard, but it's much smaller than the one I have at Coronado. These are also not motorcourts.

the $290 hoa + the $342 mello roos equals an additional principal of $120,000, tack that on to the $620,000 base price and its the same as paying $740,000 on a place with no HOA/MR, but that rules out  most of Irvine. Puts the price per sq ft at $360 a sq/ft.

i checked them out too and like the size of plan 3 too...but didn't they say that the HOA will be adjusted to be less after built out?

qwerty said:
the $290 hoa + the $342 mello roos equals an additional principal of $120,000, tack that on to the $620,000 base price and its the same as paying $740,000 on a place with no HOA/MR, but that rules out  most of Irvine. Puts the price per sq ft at $360 a sq/ft.
Don't forget to tack on the builder upgrades like wood flooring for $15/sf, granite counter tops at $100/sf, and $5k for upgraded baseboards.

I liked the downstairs (plan 2 and 3) of Coronado a lot better than the Primrose downstairs layout. 

I do like the Primrose plan 3 upstairs layout, but don't know why they gave one of the secondary bedrooms such a small window.  W/o the walking closet door open giving off some light from the closet window, that secondary bedroom is dark and like a cave.

Back