Presidential Elections

Senator Graham refused to take a covid test. So the scheduled debate was canceled in South Carolina. It?s either you have it or not.

Another GOP sideshow.

Trump canceled the upcoming presidential debate because it will be virtual due to concern of covid. That was changed by the debate committee. Trump says no way.

Fun history fact: Kennedy and Nixon debated virtual the 3rd debate October 13, 1960. Kennedy was in NY and Nixon was in Los Angeles. They did not have zoom back then but people can see the candidates side by side on the tv. If they could do it back then why not now?

1. Trump does not to take a covid test to do in person debate.
2. Trump does not want to do virtual and does not agree to the updated rule changes for less interruptions. I think we are all not surprised.

aquabliss said:
Virtual debate would be weak.  Why can%u2019t they do an in person debate still and just keep them 25ft apart?

JFK and Nixon did one presidential debate virtual and they did not have zoom or FaceTime back then.
You should hear Trumps answer with Hannity regarding sharing the results of his covid test. Trump danced around the question about recent covid testing and talked about he has the best doctors in the world. Also, Trump does not agree to the updated rules regarding interruption. (mute button or something)

The WH suppose to be the safest place in the world with access to rapid covid testing. Even Mitch McConnell the GOP Senate leader has not been to the WH in a long time. Due to the lax covid policy at the WH.

Marketwatch: Pentagon blindsided by Trump?s new Afghanistan troop withdrawal assertion
Published: Oct. 9, 2020 at 7:46 a.m. ET
By Associated Press
Trump tweet and follow-on comments in Fox Business interview also contradict remarks by his national-security adviser only hours earlier

The U.S. military was blindsided Thursday by President Donald Trump?s assertion that all U.S. troops will be out of Afghanistan by the end of the year, with U.S. officials saying they are not aware of such a plan and have gotten no actual order to accelerate the more gradual pullout they?ve been executing.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahed welcomed Trump?s tweet as a positive step for the implementation of the U.S.-Taliban agreement. The Taliban, he said, are ?committed to the contents of the agreement and hope for good and positive relations with all countries, including the U.S., in the future.?
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/p...anistan-troop-withdrawal-assertion-2020-10-08

Time and time Trump tells Fox News before his own government. The military leaders were shocked by his announcement.
The tailban was responsible for the 911 attack. To make a deal to leave their country for nothing is a complete joke.

eyephone said:
The tailban was responsible for the 911 attack. To make a deal to leave their country for nothing is a complete joke.

I believe that was Al Queda, not the Taliban.

The Taliban didn't seem to have a problem with it, though.  They gave protection to Bin Laden which is why we ended up in Afghanistan.  Bin Laden has been dead for a long time and their country was destroyed.  We no longer have reason to be there anymore (in regards to 911).

spootieho said:
eyephone said:

I believe that was Al Queda, not the Taliban.

The Taliban didn't seem to have a problem with it, though.  They gave protection to Bin Laden which is why we ended up in Afghanistan.  Bin Laden has been dead for a long time and their country was destroyed.  We no longer have reason to be there anymore (in regards to 911).

The Taliban were harboring terrorist and it was well documented. They are not good hombres and we are leaving.

Spotty ho encourages Donald response to covid. Which is like nothing.
The problem is other republicans have not said nothing and the American people had enough. Vote them out!

eyephone said:
The Taliban were harboring terrorist and it was well documented.
Yeah, I said that.  I was just correcting your incorrect post/misinformation. You can thank me :)

eyephone said:
Spotty ho encourages Donald response to Covid. Which is like nothing.
The problem is other republicans have not said nothing and the American people had enough. Vote them out!
I really triggered you.  Try responding with something of substance.  I didn't really give a position on that, so you are assuming and being dishonest.  I wasn't hanging out in the forum for quite a few months.

Here is some substance, if you want to read a wall of text:

• The CDC pretty much ran the response.  They were on stage with the president almost every day for months.  He would take their advice even when he suggested his opinions that might have differed
  • The CDC had a lot of poor advice early on (such as no masks).
  • The CDC had no complaints regarding Trump before June.
  • Testing was on the CDC and it's ability to provide tests.
  • We were worried about ventilators, but were able to flatten curves before we ran out.
  • The president locked our borders to certain countries (we were the first to do so).
  • The Federal government doesn't have the same ability to make and enforce laws regarding people or businesses. That is on the states.
    • In California, the police are not allowed to talk to or work with the federal government unless warrants are involved.
    • States would need to make mask laws, and only then could the police enforce them.
    • States would need to do the shutdowns and only then could the police enforce them.
    • The worst performing states are all democrat states.  The worst performing cities are all democrat cities.
    • California and New York were the first 2 states to have shutdowns.  Other states and other countries followed after California and NY
  • The president and CDC are working together with companies across the world to develop vaccines and distribute the vaccines

Misc
  • The protests increased our infection numbers.  Even soliciting a coronavirus protest in other countries like Australia will get you jailed.
  • Some countries were able to close their borders early enough that they could fight the virus off and trace any new instances.  Many other countries hit a threshold where they don't have that luxury. 
  • Some countries were able to close their internal borders and have enforce laws at the federal level.  We can't close the borders of our states from each other.  Our federal government doesn't make the sort of rules that the local police can enforce.
  • Many states and countries follow the CDC and WHO advice (which can differ many times).  They have access to advice from both the CDC and WHO
  • Most of our deaths early on were at nursing homes where most people go to die in a couple of months.  New York got hit the hardest, but they were also putting coronavirus patients into nursing homes. 
  • There isn't a standard for reporting coronavirus cases from country to country.  Two different country numbers can't really be compared due to difference in testing and difference in reporting.
  • The US has generally been on par with Europe, though we just passed them in being worse.  They are catching up with us again.

The 200,000 number that democrats are using is just for politics.  They are using those deaths for their own political gains.  Trump had little to no impact on the # of deaths. Most of those deaths would have happened regardless, and many more might have happened if we didn't close certain borders as soon as we did. 

Could Trump have worn his mask more?  Yes.  He should have worn it more and he should have encouraged it more.  Don't pretend that would have any impact on democrats, though. 

Cuomo was a LOT more presidential than Trump.  He was very informative.  He had his finger on the pulse (a bit too late, though).  I really enjoyed his press conferences and felt that Trump should be a lot more like him.  Unfortunately, his decisions directly led to about a quarter of our deaths. 

The sad truth is that this sort of thing is much easier to manage in hindsight.  Most of these deaths were inevitable and unavoidable.  The way the US is structured with our freedoms and liberties makes it much more difficult to manage a virus like this. 

spootieho said:
eyephone said:
Yeah, I said that.  I was just correcting your incorrect post/misinformation. You can thank me :)

Trust me. I think you have a lot more misinformation posts than me. Screw the fake taliban. It seems you like them or something.

eyephone said:
Trust me. I think you have a lot more misinformation posts than me. Screw the fake taliban. It seems you like them or something.
You could simply thank me for correcting your mistake.  Maybe you can acknowledge you were mistaken. 

The way you are acting and responding shows poor character. 

eyephone said:
spootieho said:
eyephone said:

The guy who supports no mask policy? No thanks

You are a lying piece of shit.

I support mask polices.  I have been strongly for masks since Februrary.  Stop lying.  Stop making up stuff.  You have zero integrity when you do that.

I do not need to thank nobody. Talipan are also responsible for 911. 

spootieho said:
eyephone said:
You could simply thank me for correcting your mistake.  Maybe you can acknowledge you were mistaken. 

eyephone said:
spootieho said:
eyephone said:

I support mask polices.  I have been strongly for masks since Februrary.  Stop lying.  Stop making up stuff.  You have zero integrity when you do that.

spootieho said:
eyephone said:

eyephone said:
spootieho said:
eyephone said:

Zero integrity? But you are defending the weak bad hombre tali pan? Give me a break. Go put on your fake red hat.

This whole argument started because you were defending the talipan. You have the right to do that. I guess we know where you stand.

Trump is holding an event and it looks like majority of them in the background are not wearing masks.

Here we go again?

There are people who got covid and are seriously ill at the previous Trump Minnesota rally. (I think one person is in the ICU?)

It looks like the GOP is more concerned about the Supreme Court nomination than passing a covid stimulus bill. That will help many Americans on both sides.
They just don?t get it.

But Nasty Nancy according to Trump passed a stimulus bill like in the summer. Does not sound nasty to me. Sound like she cares about Americans. (note needs the senate and president to agree to pass the bill. But that has not happened.)

Trump made fun of Teds wife by talking about her looks and made up a conspiracy about his dad. By linking him to JFKs assassination.
After all the bashing by Trump. Ted still talks to Donald Trump like nothing happened.
(He kicked him around like a stuff animal or shall I say a pi?ata. Lol)

Back