PP vs CVE vs PS sales and value

eyephone said:
xyz123 said:
Guys..i am confused about location...i heard EW is better located than parasol park..but I find that parasol park is located clos3d to I5 and 133 ..may be I am missing something?

It all depends in your situation for your commute. But if you were an investor from China or anyone that is not familiar with the are I would say EW.

John's crack!!!

IrvineBug22 said:
Hoa are on par with everyone else...I get the higher Mello roos  but the location is a lot better than cve ( low income, sports park traffic, and power station) and better than new PS (far out there) also most of the house are bigger.
So price difference is solely Mello roos and design?

The shortest distance is about 700 ft between the power station and Lantana. For Tristania, that is 500 ft. No body cares.

By the way, I'm curious what your definition of "low income" is in terms of annual family income.

xyz123 said:
Guys..i am confused about location...i heard EW is better located than parasol park..but I find that parasol park is located clos3d to I5 and 133 ..may be I am missing something?

IMO, the location is better if there are more established plazas, malls, and markets around than closer to freeways.
Irvine homes are all pretty close to freeways. It's a matter of driving 5 more minuets or so.
Eastwood is very close to all the main plazas in Irvine while PS, GP, and CVE are still developing in the unknown.
After 5 or 10 years, I think they will all eventually have markets near each village though.

Mety said:
xyz123 said:

IMO, the location is better if there are more established plazas, malls, and markets around than closer to freeways.
Irvine homes are all pretty close to freeways. It's a matter of driving 5 more minuets or so.
Eastwood is very close to all the main plazas in Irvine while PS, GP, and CVE are still developing in the unknown.
After 5 or 10 years, I think they will all eventually have markets near each village though.

I disagree with this.  I've lived in both Woodbury and Great Park, and Great Park is *way* more convenient.  To get on 5 or 405 from Woodbury (which is closer to Eastwood), takes about the following on a weekday:
5 without toll: 6 minutes
405 without toll: 10 minutes
to get to 13: 8 minutes
These figures have probably gone  up since more CV and CVE residents are now using the same roads as Woodbury and Eastwood residents.  Reason, too many lights!  I'd be stuck at about 4 lights to get to any of the above, Eastwood would have even more lights to get through. 

In Great Park, I use the 133 every day and takes literally 2 minutes from my house to get onto the 133, just through 1 light and I'm on.  It adds up over time and I didn't move there specifically because of the convenience but it is considerably faster. 

aquabliss said:
Mety said:
xyz123 said:

I disagree with this.  I've lived in both Woodbury and Great Park, and Great Park is *way* more convenient.  To get on 5 or 405 from Woodbury (which is closer to Eastwood), takes about the following on a weekday:
5 without toll: 6 minutes
405 without toll: 10 minutes
to get to 13: 8 minutes
These figures have probably gone  up since more CV and CVE residents are now using the same roads as Woodbury and Eastwood residents.  Reason, too many lights!  I'd be stuck at about 4 lights to get to any of the above, Eastwood would have even more lights to get through. 

In Great Park, I use the 133 every day and takes literally 2 minutes from my house to get onto the 133, just through 1 light and I'm on.  It adds up over time and I didn't move there specifically because of the convenience but it is considerably faster.

I think you just agreed with me by providing these facts of estimate figures if you read carefully what I wrote.
But I do agree with you that more and more lights are up these days.
It's good for safety, but it's bad for wasting more time on the road. But then again, these are all just 5 more minutes or so.

haha ya I guess I kind of agree with a flex definition on your "or so" in  "5 minutes or so". 

I think if you live in Eastwood and haven't lived in a more convenient location it won't bother you since you don't know better.  When I lived in Woodbury it didn't bother me until I moved to GP then I wondered why I wasted all those 5 minutes of my life for  so many years :)

aquabliss said:
haha ya I guess I kind of agree with a flex definition on your "or so" in  "5 minutes or so". 

I think if you live in Eastwood and haven't lived in a more convenient location it won't bother you since you don't know better.  When I lived in Woodbury it didn't bother me until I moved to GP then I wondered why I wasted all those 5 minutes of my life for  so many years :)

But doesn't the 133 cost $$?  it is a Toll Road. 

AA said:
aquabliss said:

But doesn't the 133 cost $$?  it is a Toll Road. 

Yes, .96c each time.  I would think Eastwood residents would also pay this as well if they're going to 405. 

aquabliss said:

I don't live in Eastwood.
I live near where it takes less than 5 min to get onto 405, one of the older Irvine areas.
So I know how convenient to have that access from my home.
Now I'm thinking of moving to newer areas and Eastwood seems great since it has all the plazas nearby.
But each phases with higher prices and the cell tower in the middle of Encore street are giving me another thoughts.
Resales value wise, I think Eastwood will still appreciate better than most other areas for another 5 to 10 years because of its location and schools. After that point, PS high might be another best high school and more plazas should be near GP areas. They will all even out eventually IMHO. 

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
aquabliss said:

I don't live in Eastwood.
I live near where it takes less than 5 min to get onto 405, one of the older Irvine areas.
So I know how convenient to have that access from my home.
Now I'm thinking of moving to newer areas and Eastwood seems great since it has all the plazas nearby.
But each phases with higher prices and the cell tower in the middle of Encore street are giving me another thoughts.
Resales value wise, I think Eastwood will still appreciate better than most other areas for another 5 to 10 years because of its location and schools. After that point, PS high might be another best high school and more plazas should be near GP areas. They will all even out eventually IMHO.

Mety - Eastwood is a good buy. Prices keep going up and if you buy now, the next sucker behind you will have to pay more. As for the cell tower concern, that is nonsense. There has been no clear and definitive proof cell towers directly cause any health problems and if they did, everyone around would cell towers would be sick.

If you think prices are bad and unaffordable, wait till you see what they price OH3 at. It will surely be a pretty premium for a marginally better product, yet it's still motorcourt and higher MR. However, OH3 is still going to be a hot seller nonetheless because it's still in a good location, some homes could have views, and IP does what it does best, marketing to the foreign investors from China.

So YF, why did you run away with your tail between your legs few months ago?

Burn That Belly said:
CVE has been selling because it has the lowest MRs of all neighborhoods and it is also priced lower compared to same homes in other villages.

For example, using nearly identical products, Vista Scena at OH, Helena at Eastwood, and Tristania at CVE, I recall that they were most expensive to least expensive in that order.  Yet, these three products are 90-95% identical and just recycled floor plans.  Clearly, you are paying a premium for location.

While location may not be ideal for some, looks like many people like it.  Vista Scena sales were SLOW and took years to sell out.

Helena sold like hotcakes and Tristania has also been selling through each phase within a week with increases every time. Los Altos (the first of these floorplans) at Stonegate East also sold well and has been seeing solid resale value.

New pricing has just been updated on the Villages of Irvine website for CVE. Tristania also released phase 8 on Saturday.  Looks like Trellis Court and Tristania have gone up $100k from release! TC will hit $1M by build out and Tristania starts at about $800k and they're not even half way through the phases. I see them reaching nearly $900k by build out.  Lantana is also up $50-100k, based on floorplan.

Crazy times in Irvine!

That is pretty crazy.  After you factor in the cost of upgrades/landscaping, these "starter" homes will be $900k/$1M easy.  $1M for a 3br/2.5ba townhome?!?!?

Maybe everyone else is just making really good money and I'm falling more and more behind...

I'm starting to think PS is a good value, and in 10-15 years when everything is built-out, people will forget the TCE plume, PS High will be the new model high school with all of the new gadgets/computers.  Maybe then PS will appreciate more and be on par with the other communities.

Thoughts?  Maybe PS is a good long term play.

undecided said:
That is pretty crazy.  After you factor in the cost of upgrades/landscaping, these "starter" homes will be $900k/$1M easy.  $1M for a 3br/2.5ba townhome?!?!?

Maybe everyone else is just making really good money and I'm falling more and more behind...

I'm starting to think PS is a good value, and in 10-15 years when everything is built-out, people will forget the TCE plume, PS High will be the new model high school with all of the new gadgets/computers.  Maybe then PS will appreciate more and be on par with the other communities.

Thoughts?  Maybe PS is a good long term play.

I'm not sure if PS will ever be on par with the others.. but the value is there and will appreciate accordingly.  Plus, you are making a good assumption when things get built out that it will help PS values.  Just remember, only PS3 is actually in the area of the GP and Altair builds.  The rest of the PS stuff is mostly above Portola Parkway.  It's not much further but does affect buyers. 

If you are in the market for a new built,  sub-$900K property, get one now.

I've been flow Irvine's future project closely and sub-$900K, entry level new build is going the way of dodo especially in the TIC developed villages.

After CVE, EW and PS-3 is completed, very very few under 2000 s.f., under $900K properties are been offered in the future TIC villages.

OH3: none.  The lowest priced product is the Petaluma successor with gated premium and extra 200 sf in size.  It will be above $900K for sure.

PS-5A: probably none.  The smallest products offered here are detached condos starts around 2,000 s.f.  And if we use $450/s.f. as an estimate, that will be just around $900K.

PS-4B:  Yes.  They are building Trellis Court and Lantana successor but with total of only 348 units. 

Prototype said:
Burn That Belly said:
CVE has been selling because it has the lowest MRs of all neighborhoods and it is also priced lower compared to same homes in other villages.

For example, using nearly identical products, Vista Scena at OH, Helena at Eastwood, and Tristania at CVE, I recall that they were most expensive to least expensive in that order.  Yet, these three products are 90-95% identical and just recycled floor plans.  Clearly, you are paying a premium for location.

While location may not be ideal for some, looks like many people like it.  Vista Scena sales were SLOW and took years to sell out.

Helena sold like hotcakes and Tristania has also been selling through each phase within a week with increases every time. Los Altos (the first of these floorplans) at Stonegate East also sold well and has been seeing solid resale value.

New pricing has just been updated on the Villages of Irvine website for CVE. Tristania also released phase 8 on Saturday.  Looks like Trellis Court and Tristania have gone up $100k from release! TC will hit $1M by build out and Tristania starts at about $800k and they're not even half way through the phases. I see them reaching nearly $900k by build out.  Lantana is also up $50-100k, based on floorplan.

Crazy times in Irvine!

Does anyone have latest price for Tristania and Trellis?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Prototype said:
Burn That Belly said:

Crazy times in Irvine!

Does anyone have latest price for Tristania and Trellis?
Tristania is $779 model 1 and $789 for model 2 base with no pre plots

Back