Portola Springs - Paloma

I visited the new Plan 1 today. It is significantly improved. Still no good location to park your tv in the master bedroom, however the added bedroom upstairs has solved my concerns with the inadequacy of a 2-br home for most people.

In order to change the model from its original 2-br floorplan, they turned the guest bathroom off the kitchen into a pantry. They put in a very nice staircase right there, up to the very large bedroom with nice bathroom and closet. No, there's no bathtub but that isn't a show-stopper for me.

They re-did the original second bedroom so that the bathroom has a direct entrance from the living room instead of through the bedroom.

According to the salesperson, the new Plan 1 with the 3rd bedroom is $750k. I didn't ask about incentives or anything. According to the sheet, here's the following sales update:

Residence 1XC Homesite 16 54 Conservancy $702,000 SOLD

Residence 3A Homesite 13 48 Conservancy $783,000 SOLD

Residence 3RA Homesite 14 50 Conservancy $795,000

Residence 3A Homesite 18 17 Arrowhead $798,000 SOLD

Residence 3B Homesite 20 21 Arrowhead $798,000 SOLD

Residence 4C Homesite 12 46 Conservancy $795,000

Residence 4RA Homesite 15 52 Conservancy $860,830

Residence 4A Homesite 17 15 Arrowhead $835,000 SOLD

Residence 4B Homesite 19 19 Arrowhead $815,000 SOLD

Temporarily sold out: Residence 2

Interesting marketing technique. The "sold" properties all have their prices lined out with the word "Sold" handwritten adjacent. Skimming through the entirety of this thread, I see that last summer we were discussing a few of these same homesites (e.g. Homesite 16, and the fact that Residence 2 was sold out last summer! ) having just been sold. This would suggest that nothing has been sold since last summer and they are coyly attempting to make it appear that so many homes have recently been sold, they didn't even have time to update their brochures.

Shady.

ism - I think they put a "sold" sign on a property when they get someone to write their name and address on their lead list.

This perfectly illustrates the reason I found the Marketing classes in my MBA program so distasteful. Financial classes were all about facts and data and following the rules. Marketing is all about seeing how much you can lie and get away with it.

there is a big difference between marketing and lying. The class must be really really bad if it gives the impression to the students that marketing is similar to lying. You should ask for a refund. lol

<em>"there is a big difference between marketing and lying."</em>

There should be, but I have often noticed that really ignorant people often work in sales and marketing, and they lie all the time without knowing it. I suppose if they were smart enough to know they were lying, their conscious might bother them. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

I mean this in a very serious way, and it is not meant to be snarky, but possibly a true theory. Maybe, the person who did the in-house design work has been laid off, or they are trimming everything and anything they can in their budget.

I know the builder I worked for laid off their in-house designer, and this was in the 2nd round of the 5-7 rounds of layoffs so far. He would keep their website up to date, with the prices, move in now inventory, who the sales agents are, when upcoming events are. Now, the website sucks. I have seen sales agents listed that have been laid off, the prices are not what you get at the sales office, the events are out of date, and the move in now inventory is no longer available.

Sad, but these are some really tough times for builders.

just got this email tonite, these are for immediate move in. 52 conservancy is $303/ sq ft, 50 conservancy is $322, if there are additional incentives they are starting to become more reasonable:

<p>Now is the time to own a home at Paloma at Portola Springs in Irvine. You are an individual; you want your home to reflect who you are and what’s important to you. And you're savvy, you know a great deal when you see one. Now is the time to check out our recent listings that are hot and an even hotter value.

50 Conservancy

<a bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com="" bkf="" homelistings="" href="http://bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com/bkf/homelistings/search_homes.asp" id="plan"><strong>Plan 3 Residence</strong></a>

2,320 Sq. Ft. 3 Beds, 3.5 Baths

This home includes upgrades such as electrical, upgraded cabinets throughout the home, upgraded kitchen granite counters with full backsplash and upgraded bathroom counters and backsplash. This home also comes with a fully landscaped side yard. Click the hyperlink above to view photos, features and details about this property.

Was: $809,845

<strong>Now: $749,000

</strong>52 Conservancy

<a bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com="" bkf="" homelistings="" href="http://bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com/bkf/homelistings/search_homes.asp" id="plan"><strong>Plan 4 Residence</strong>

</a>2,530 Sq. Ft 4 Beds, 4.5 Baths

The entire home is loaded with upgrades such as all cabinets excluding laundry room, alarm system, pre-wire surround system, pre-wire for 2 plasmas, ceiling beams, built-in wall unit, built-in office, stained staircase with step lighting, granite and marble counter tops with full designer back-splashes. Home also comes with fully landscaped side yard. Click the hyperlink above to view photos, features and details about this property.

Was: $883,794

<strong>Now: $768,000</strong>

You deserve a lifestyle that’s as low maintenance as it is luxurious. Paloma is the newest and best opportunity to enjoy country-club living, with the warmth and privacy for which Brookfield Homes is so well known. For more information on these homes, or to schedule a private tour, please contact us at (800) 610-8858.</p>

<p class="style1">Sincerely,</p>

<p class="style1">Patti Hirbodi

Paloma Sales Manager

Brookfield Homes Southland</p>

<p>Jeez...</p>

<p>436/month HOA and 6,300/year Mello Roos...that's almost 1000/month on top of your mortgage and property tax.</p>

<p>Does HOA already cover your home owner's hazard/etc. insurance, or do you still need to go buy your own?</p>

Nope, HOA doesn't cover home owner's hazard. Add another $75/month there... All that and you get to share a common driveway right? What a bargain!

Things really haven't gone down a ton...not like they should anyway. These should really be at the 2003 prices of Turtle Ridge... 500k.

The new plan 1 is a dual master + 3rd bed and bath. 2245sf. I like this plan and the 2...lol...like have the world.

Plan 2 is still the best seller. Memo to Brookfield: Build more Plan 1's and 2, and less 3/4. ktnx.

Why is plan 2 so good? Because it has a larger outdoor area and a kitchen that is open with the living room. Very easy sale to people that likes outdoors. I have no clue why they don't skip a few 3/4 combos and just do a few more 1/2. I know Pardee arranges the phases in what sales, I don't know why Brookfield can't do the same.

3C 48 conservancy was 803,620 now 768,000. Upgrades already added.

4C 46 conservancy was 832,165 now 798,000. Upgrades already added.

1B 29 Arrowhead 765,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

3C 25 Arrowhead 798,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

4C 23 Arrowhead 815,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

You could get 75k knocked off of a 3 or 4 though with a smile.

The developer is not deperate to sell like VOC. There are no Wall Street investors pressuring the private company to move inventory. May be a little incentive here and there but don't expect a huge giveaway like VOC. When things are cheap to get they are usually not as cherished.

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1211000978]Things really haven't gone down a ton...not like they should anyway. These should really be at the 2003 prices of Turtle Ridge... 500k.

The new plan 1 is a dual master + 3rd bed and bath. 2245sf. I like this plan and the 2...lol...like have the world.

Plan 2 is still the best seller. Memo to Brookfield: Build more Plan 1's and 2, and less 3/4. ktnx.

Why is plan 2 so good? Because it has a larger outdoor area and a kitchen that is open with the living room. Very easy sale to people that likes outdoors. I have no clue why they don't skip a few 3/4 combos and just do a few more 1/2. I know Pardee arranges the phases in what sales, I don't know why Brookfield can't do the same.

3C 48 conservancy was 803,620 now 768,000. Upgrades already added.

4C 46 conservancy was 832,165 now 798,000. Upgrades already added.

1B 29 Arrowhead 765,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

3C 25 Arrowhead 798,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

4C 23 Arrowhead 815,000. Foundations about to be poured in a week or 2.

You could get 75k knocked off of a 3 or 4 though with a smile.</blockquote>

<u>Updated Price as of September 29:</u>

<u>Phase 4: </u>Dec 2008 move in

Homesite 22 - Residence 3C - 25 Arrowhead - $758K

Homesite 26 - Residence 3A - 33 Arrowhead - $768K

Homesite 25 - Residence 4A - 31 Arrowhead - $785K SOLD

<u>Phase 5:</u> April 2009 move in

Homesite 30 - Residence 1A - 41 Arrowhead - $749K SOLD

Homesite 29 - Residence 2A - 39 Arrowhead - $735K

Homesite 28 - Residence 3C - 37 Arrowhead - $763K SOLD

Homesite 27 - Residence 4C - 35 Arrowhead - $785K

Just thought I'd update the most recent Paloma prices for phase 9- May 2010 move-in, in case anyone is interested.

Homesite 81 1X- 1723 sq ft 108 Ranchland $638,000

Homesite 80 1YB- 2245 sq ft 106 Ranchland $668,000

Homesite 82 1YRA- 2245 sq ft 21 Gray Dove $668,000

Homesite 79 2B- 2235 sq ft 104 Ranchland $658,000

Homesite 83 2AR- 2235 sq ft 23 Gray Dove $658,000

As far as I know, these have all been sold or reserved. Next phase supposedly releases first week of November. They are releasing 4-6 homes each phase to keep up demand. They are also offering 20K to use on upgrades if you use their lender. I'm curious how the announcement of the new Woodbury homes will affect PS prices.

Back