Parasol Park

Prototype said:
How do the Parasol Park folks feel about the 166 affordable apartments (Espaira & Lumaira) that are opening in ParP this summer? Looks like they are going for a more open design, keeping the apartments styling to look similar to the homes.  Sterling and Windchime would be affected most but I'm sure the parks & pools will see more usage from outside individuals.

Luxaira will also be opening next year, focusing on affordable senior living (157 units).  So, that entire strip of land back there will be affordable housing between the 3 mentioned and Solaira.

I live in ParP and dont mind it.  Separate amenities, process for approving and qualifying folks.. not sure why there would be an impact to us specially because whats considered "affordable" in Irvine is really just normal elsewhere.  Everything is such a big deal around here lol

Everyone made such a big deal that CVE was getting affordable housing (I still purchased there).  I don't see it as a problem, myself. Irvine does a good job of vetting their affordable clients.

The thing that stands out for me is that this is the first time Irvine has placed a high density of affordable housing in one place in ParP/BP. That strip of land will be home of over 600 affordable housing units which is different.

Again, what is built there will also affect me in CVE but I'm not worried about it. I'm excited about the all of the great amenities being built over the next 2-5 years.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Prototype said:
How do the Parasol Park folks feel about the 166 affordable apartments (Espaira & Lumaira) that are opening in ParP this summer? Looks like they are going for a more open design, keeping the apartments styling to look similar to the homes.  Sterling and Windchime would be affected most but I'm sure the parks & pools will see more usage from outside individuals.

Luxaira will also be opening next year, focusing on affordable senior living.  So, that entire strip of land back there will be affordable housing between the 3 mentioned and Solaira.

PS3 prices aure going higher each phase as well so I don't see any issues so far.

Just wait when it comes to sell....

I saw some resales already and they seem to be doing not too bad.
But I do see what you mean...

I don't think any of the affordable apartments are noticeable.. all around Irvine. 

Will be interesting to see if ParP does appreciate like the rest of Irvine. 

What exactly do you mean by vetting?
(Filling a rental application, verifying income (pay stubs) to see that you qualify for the low income housing.

Prototype said:
Everyone made such a big deal that CVE was getting affordable housing (I still purchased there).  I don't see it as a problem, myself. Irvine does a good job of vetting their affordable clients.

The thing that stands out for me is that this is the first time Irvine has placed a high density of affordable housing in one place in ParP/BP. That strip of land will be home of over 600 affordable housing units which is different.

Again, what is built there will also affect me in CVE but I'm not worried about it. I'm excited about the all of the great amenities being built over the next 2-5 years.

Prototype said:

Are you excited for the near by school? (Or maybe not)

jmoney74 said:
I don't think any of the affordable apartments are noticeable.. all around Irvine. 

Will be interesting to see if ParP does appreciate like the rest of Irvine.

I personally think CVE will appreciate the most from the villages south of 133.
But then again you might have put more money when you bought CVE compare to other village homes around.
More you put in, more you will be appreciated.

nyc to oc said:
It would be interesting to see a break down by age and stage of life which homebuyers love/hate the Great Park, especially Parasol Park and other more "urban" settings in Irvine. Are you a Millenial/don't have kids by any chance?

My first post. I joined to give my opinion: I too moved in a few months ago.  So far, we are loving the community and really excited about what it will look like at completion.  Bosque, water wellness park, retail at basecamp, and having schools within bike/walking distance for my young kids.  Not to mention sports park, water park, urban farm lands, and cultural terrace coming next. So far, our neighbors are nice and we talk.  Our kids love the playgrounds so far.  It is why we accepted such high CFDs and HOAs.

We are in between millennial and Gen X years. We don't mind the urban setting; we actually prefer it. Grew up in SoCal, then lived in downtown Chicago, and now we're back.  So we like a little hustle and bustle; obviously don't want excess crowds, crime, and pollution but we like seeing people out and about.  I see you're from NYC so maybe you understand.

I hope more like-minded families will join us!

IrvineAmbivalence said:
nyc to oc said:
It would be interesting to see a break down by age and stage of life which homebuyers love/hate the Great Park, especially Parasol Park and other more "urban" settings in Irvine. Are you a Millenial/don't have kids by any chance?

My first post. I joined to give my opinion: I too moved in a few months ago.  So far, we are loving the community and really excited about what it will look like at completion.  Bosque, water wellness park, retail at basecamp, and having schools within bike/walking distance for my young kids.  Not to mention sports park, water park, urban farm lands, and cultural terrace coming next. So far, our neighbors are nice and we talk.  Our kids love the playgrounds so far.  It is why we accepted such high CFDs and HOAs.

We are in between millennial and Gen X years. We don't mind the urban setting; we actually prefer it. Grew up in SoCal, then lived in downtown Chicago, and now we're back.  So we like a little hustle and bustle; obviously don't want excess crowds, crime, and pollution but we like seeing people out and about.  I see you're from NYC so maybe you understand.

I hope more like-minded families will join us!

A lot of crime in Chicago?

eyephone, like any urban city there is some crime. Depends on where you live, and what areas you travel in Chicago.
There are really nice parts and it's a great city.  Can't compare to Irvine's safety though.

How is Parasol Park doing?  Looks like many of the communities are near built out and model homes are out for sale (Obsidian, Rowland, and Somerset, etc.).  The sales pace is pretty damn fast.

Compressed-Village said:
The fastest I have ever seen.

I've also noticed home prices in PP have gone up around $40-$50 per sq. ft higher than just 2-3 months back.  I wonder if cemetery swap had any impact on FCB's  buying in Great Park Neighborhoods both PP and BP

If this holds true next year, district next or whatever they renamed it to, should sell out even faster since they'll have smaller products, iirc, even 2 bedrooms...

now they really need to have some closer grocery stores asap

After only 13-15 months, Parasol Park is almost sold out. I just found out that Carlisle (Residence 2 and 3 includes a private parking space next to the home, so one can park a third car) is selling their models this weekend and Sterling will be likely selling their models next month.

With Jade selling their models and Julep recently sold out, that leaves only Amethyst, Celadon, Obsidian and Windchime.

Has anyone heard anything about how Obisidian sales are doing?

Any idea what they?re now planning on corner of Ridge Valley and Magnet, south of Sterling and affordable housing, near the SCE substation?

They?ve been grading this land for a while but I can?t find any details.  Google Maps currently lists it as ?Cadence Shades Park? but that?s probably just an error.

Prototype said:
Any idea what they?re now planning on corner of Ridge Valley and Magnet, south of Sterling and affordable housing, near the SCE substation?

They?ve been grading this land for a while but I can?t find any details.  Google Maps currently lists it as ?Cadence Shades Park? but that?s probably just an error.

Last month, the city was still reviewing Five Point?s revised proposal for 842 residential condos on 55.3 acres in the total tract (VTTM 17939) near Ridge Valley (See the attached tract map).

http://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=68&clip_id=4310&meta_id=83341

In October 2017, Five Point?s letter to the city, the company mentioned a revised plan for VTTM 17939 to include products ?to achieve a broader range of market affordability for the residential units?. The plan also included retail on Beacon St. and some other two streets.

Here is a city link to previous approved plan for VTTM 17939 which includes a new private park near Sterling. I wonder if the child care center and place of worship is out in the new plan.

http://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=68&clip_id=3735&meta_id=70242

Attachments

• A11CDE84-C0D9-4856-A2F6-7D7B7214FF85.png
    A11CDE84-C0D9-4856-A2F6-7D7B7214FF85.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 45263BD0-75CF-44C0-9E5E-4D971C125DB0.png
    45263BD0-75CF-44C0-9E5E-4D971C125DB0.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 3,322
  • EF6EBBCB-4D03-4405-A3B4-BF71A08CF0C4.png
    EF6EBBCB-4D03-4405-A3B4-BF71A08CF0C4.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 363
Back