Parasol Park

Already made like 5 visits to Irvine in the last 2 weeks. Definitely like it especially for the parks and community feel. We have a kid that would love it.

Cerritos also, while not as strict, has pretty strict city rules about what you can or cannot do with your house. No artificial grass, no overnight parking on streets, house must be from an approved color list, no drive-through restaurants in the city, etc.

Dropped 2 Lennar properties that we were going to buy in Chino instead and considering Irvine now. Sort of getting some sticker shock on MR for Great Park and I just read in another thread that it never ends and has an annual compounded growth of 2%?!

Cares said:
Already made like 5 visits to Irvine in the last 2 weeks. Definitely like it especially for the parks and community feel. We have a kid that would love it.

Cerritos also, while not as strict, has pretty strict city rules about what you can or cannot do with your house. No artificial grass, no overnight parking on streets, house must be from an approved color list, no drive-through restaurants in the city, etc.

Dropped 2 Lennar properties that we were going to buy in Chino instead and considering Irvine now. Sort of getting some sticker shock on MR for Great Park and I just read in another thread that it never ends and has an annual compounded growth of 2%?!

If you don't like MR, consider West Irvine or West Park.
Some homes from 90s are better floor plans except some have laundries in garages. Northpark or Northwood has less or no MR also.

Burn That Belly said:
Cares said:

Why are you looking at Great Park?  Is it because of all the brochure hype?

I would suggest to swing by Eastwood, Orchard Hills Reserve, and a few resales in Stonegate, Woodbury, Northwood, and maybe even Portola Springs for some better $/sqft.  You won't have the sticker shock mello roos in those neighborhoods. Only GreatPark has the ridiculous or what I like to call "fradulent/scam" fee of the century.  The less you pay into HOA/MR the better. Use your own money to deal with house maintenance. The city government and HOA are all corrupt and don't spend money wisely so it's best you limit your expenses to them.

It's the wife that loves Great Park, but we really haven't looked at other areas of Irvine either. We definitely want new development though. Orchard Hills Reserve looks just a tad higher than we want. Eastwood maybe makes sense.

Cares said:
Burn That Belly said:
Cares said:

Why are you looking at Great Park?  Is it because of all the brochure hype?

I would suggest to swing by Eastwood, Orchard Hills Reserve, and a few resales in Stonegate, Woodbury, Northwood, and maybe even Portola Springs for some better $/sqft.  You won't have the sticker shock mello roos in those neighborhoods. Only GreatPark has the ridiculous or what I like to call "fradulent/scam" fee of the century.  The less you pay into HOA/MR the better. Use your own money to deal with house maintenance. The city government and HOA are all corrupt and don't spend money wisely so it's best you limit your expenses to them.

It's the wife that loves Great Park, but we really haven't looked at other areas of Irvine either. We definitely want new development though. Orchard Hills Reserve looks just a tad higher than we want. Eastwood maybe makes sense.

The cheapest in Eastwood is now $777K. But this is a flat condo with no yard. The next one is a townhome with almost $1M. I would rather spend a little bit and buy in OH.

You really opened my eyes. I'm looking at other communities right now. Look to stay under $1M for new construction detached with a bedroom downstairs.

Trellis Courts @ Cypress Village looks intriguing to me.

For the record, I'm still considering GP. It's just that there's a whole new light on other communities that I'm considering now. Will I be shunned from these forums if I end up at GP?

Cares said:
For the record, I'm still considering GP. It's just that there's a whole new light on other communities that I'm considering now. Will I be shunned from these forums if I end up at GP?

Since you or your wife wants a new community, buy in OH or EW if you want a house ($999K plus).
If you want a condo/townhouse, buy resales in Stonegate or Woodbury ($500K to $900K).
They still feel pretty new and the amenity is nice.
These would be better investment than GP long run.

If you must choose GP, go with Pavilion Park. They are $1M range houses also.

IHS3000 said:
Last week, Five Point announced Parasol Park was ?more than 90% sold out? as of March 2018 (grand opening for Parasol Park was in January 2017).
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...nt-Holdings-LLC-Announces-Fourth-Quarter-2017

Sterling is selling their models. Half of the models are reserved or sold. There are two furnished models available (Residence 3 with deck and Residence 4 with deck).

Those larger models are over a million dollars for an attached home! Wow!

There are possibly four non-models at Sterling left too.

Price sheet for Sterling is attached.

Jade by Pulte at Parasol Park is sold out too.

The other non-models that appear left for sale are at Windchime and Obsidian.

The Master Plan map of District 1 has land for ?Civic? purposes on Magnet St./Ridge Valley Rd. (next to Sterling and Edison electrical substation).

Retail is on the Master Plan map for land next to the Carlisle homes and the Bosque trails (Magnet St./Carmine St./Bosque St.).

index.php

Attachments

• 17A8BCF4-CD60-42BB-8749-25D9F494F79B.png
    17A8BCF4-CD60-42BB-8749-25D9F494F79B.png
    532 KB · Views: 319
  • B409FE09-4360-4917-BB9F-C9514A7DCB80.png
    B409FE09-4360-4917-BB9F-C9514A7DCB80.png
    587.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 7BA32408-5082-4C4E-9017-433A04FAD688.png
    7BA32408-5082-4C4E-9017-433A04FAD688.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 290
Sterling lot map of available and sold homes

Not much left!

index.php

IHS3000 said:
IHS3000 said:
Last week, Five Point announced Parasol Park was ?more than 90% sold out? as of March 2018 (grand opening for Parasol Park was in January 2017).
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...nt-Holdings-LLC-Announces-Fourth-Quarter-2017

Sterling is selling their models. Half of the models are reserved or sold. There are two furnished models available (Residence 3 with deck and Residence 4 with deck).

Those larger models are over a million dollars for an attached home! Wow!

There are possibly four non-models at Sterling left too.

Price sheet for Sterling is attached.

Jade by Pulte at Parasol Park is sold out too.

The other non-models that appear left for sale are at Windchime and Obsidian.

The Master Plan map of District 1 has land for ?Civic? purposes on Magnet St./Ridge Valley Rd. (next to Sterling and Edison electrical substation).

Retail is on the Master Plan map for land next to the Carlisle homes and the Bosque trails (Magnet St./Carmine St./Bosque St.).

Attachments

• B1EA0A14-05B9-426C-98FE-9CF2D96C3F19.png
    B1EA0A14-05B9-426C-98FE-9CF2D96C3F19.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,416
FWIW I believe Sterling is done/sold out.

All those remaining "available" home are spoken for, in the sense that the wait list is long enough. Wife had a client that just simply couldn't get a unit there, whereas the one that waited in line 2 months ago (earlier this year?) was able to secure one of the final unit.

Sterling seems like one of the better "value" even with those wacky MR.

Back