PA 40 Neighborhood

lcms2002

Does any one have information or map on future village in PA 40? Currently PA 40 middle school is in construction. from TIC map, residential is planned for the area btw I5 and Trabuco, Sand Canyon and Jeffery, business/office building is planned on the other side of Sand Canyon.  The layout is similar to WD and SG, a park is in the center of lot (rectangle), it is said that 5000 homes will be built. There is also a community park planned at the corner of Sand Canyon and Trabuco across WE near Great Park. I saw a map somewhere, and now I can not remember where it is.

Anyone know what's planned for the east side of the Jeffrey and Trabuco intersection?  It currently looks like a large ditch. 

jumpcut said:
For more information, see the latest issue of Villages of Irvine magazine!  You will not find anything about Columbus Square in this magazine, which legally cannot even call itself a Village of Irvine.TM
Because it has its own village... Village of Columbus?.

(in honor of Mr. Columbus Tustin)

A public hearing is scheduled for PA 40 on Nov 18, 2010. Please see the attached flyer for the notice from City of Irvine.

Attachments

• Public Hearing.pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 242
How many homes are in WB right now?

edit: nevermind, it looks like it'll be 3500 units which half of which is going to be apartments.  Also it looks like there will be pocket parks.

Here is the description of this new village of Irvine - CYPRESS!!!!

Cypress Village (Planning Area 40)
Part I: Overall Tract Map, Park Plan, and Master Landscape, and Trails Plan for Planning Area 40 (Cypress Village)

Part II: Master Plans for 4 Irvine Apartment Communities (Sites 1-4)

Project Status
Under Review by Staff. Public hearing scheduled for November 18, 2010.

Project Location
Part I: Majority of Planning Area 40 (Cypress Village) bordered by Jeffrey Road to the west, the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) to the south, SR-133 Toll Road to the east, and Trabuco Road to the north.

Part II: Apartment sites 1 through 4 are located along Trabuco Road and run south toward Interstate 5, and are bordered by the future PA 40 Middle School (corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey) and the future Community Park (corner of I-5 and Jeffrey) to the west.Project Description

Part I - Planning Area 40 Area-Wide: Approval of a Vesting Tentative Tract Map, Park Plan and Master Landscape & Trails Plan.

The Park Plan 00510518-PPP is proposed to establish the community and neighborhood park dedication requirements for the development of District 1 of Planning Area 40.  The Park Plan includes a 16-acre community park, an 8-acre public neighborhood park and multiple private neighborhood parks totaling 23.2 acres.

Vesting Tentative Tract Map 17277 (File No. 00501514-PTT) is proposed to subdivide a 477.41 acre site into 40 numbered lots and 73 lettered lots for the development of up to 3,500 residential dwelling units (combination of ownership and rental), a community park, a public neighborhood park, Segment 1 of the Jeffrey Open Space Trail, a 20-acre commercial site, an elementary school, and multi-use development within Planning Area 40.

The Master Landscape and Trails Plan 00510515-PMP requests approval of the streetscape treatments, entry monuments and trails network for the development of Planning Area 40 and includes a request for Administrative Relief from wall and fence standards.

Part II ? Irvine Apartment Communities Master Plans - Approval of proposed Master Plans for the development of four apartment communities featuring a total of 1,677 dwelling units within Planning Area 40 (Cypress Village).  The project includes an engineering deviation from street standards; a request for alternative setback standards (Site 3 only); and a request for Administrative Relief for wall heights. Only Site 3 featured a gated vehicle entrance.

Site 1: 00504128-PMP ? Murano  ? 628 Units   
            Site 2: 00504125-PMP ? Cadenza ? 262 Units
            Site 3: 00504119-PMP ? Veneto    ? 352 Units
            Site 4: 00504132-PMP ? Umbria    ? 435 Units

Project Hearing Body
The City?s Planning Commission is the expected hearing body. A hearing has been scheduled for November 18, 2010

Information Contact

Part I: Michael Philbrick, Senior Planner, (949) 724-6345, mphilbrick@cityofirvine.org

Part II (Apartment Sites 1 & 2) Omar Masry, Assistant Planner at (949) 724-6375 or    omasry@cityofirvine.org 

Part II (Apartment Sites 3 & 4) Christina Ciampa, Associate Planner, (949) 724-6352, or  cciampa@cityofirvine.org

lcms2002 said:
Hey, Here is the PA 40 Map I found, not sure if this most update. I guess that there is no official name (Cypress?) for this village, people called it Woodbury II for convenience.
All you document sleuths are awesome!

Here is the inline image for easier viewing:
jffbdx.jpg

Thanks, IHO, for putting this map on board! I have two more maps, but the files are too large to be attached here.

Do they always have the apartment complexes in each community so that some of the amenities such as the parks, roads, etc. are paid by the county?  Maybe for low-income housing purposes?

Why place apt complexes in sites 1-4? It would make more sense if they placed all the condos along the edge of Sand Canyon or the I5. They could act as a great sound buffer for the rest of the community. Sites 2 & 3 would be especially valuable for private sale as it sits between two parks and does not back to any major roadways.

irvinehomeowner said:
(oh and please find me some maps on Laguna Crossing)

Sorry, I don't have any on Laguna Crossing. But here is the attachment for Orchard Hill. Hope that you like it.

Attachments

• Orchard Hills MAP.doc
    242 KB · Views: 344
jumpcut said:
Interesting how the Open Space Trail will curve around and hug the 5 to Sand Canyon, acting as a sound buffer to the homes.  The trail is narrower in front of the apartments and wider in front of the homes.  :p  I heard some chitchat awhile back that the future retail site along Sand Canyon will be boutiques geared to high end clientele.  Think LV and Gucci...

I used to live in WB and I could still hear the I5 and train horns clearly at night. The whole WB II is a lot closer and any of the homes along the I5 regardless of the Open Space Trail will be subject to lots of freeway noise.

jumpcut said:
I heard some chitchat awhile back that the future retail site along Sand Canyon will be boutiques geared to high end clientele.  Think LV and Gucci...
Don't let PatStar hear that... he may move back! :p

So typically how much time does it take from this public hearing to when the development actually
gets built.

Also what does mixed use area and child care mean.

lcms2002 said:
A public hearing is scheduled for PA 40 on Nov 18, 2010. Please see the attached flyer for the notice from City of Irvine.

waitin4ever said:
So typically how much time does it take from this public hearing to when the development actually
gets built.

lcms2002 said:
PA 40 was originally designed for Spectrum 8 (like Irvine Spectrum) for business/office use. The plan was changed few times, and residential was added to the north of Sand Canyon Road. It seems now that Spectrum 8 is totally out of the picture, only a pocket of the land is labeled for that mixed use and a day care center.

The retail center is also marked on Irvine zoning map, not sure what kind of shopping center it will be. It may have some impact on Sonoma in WD and Monterey in WE, especially those units along Sand canyon Road and Trabuco Road. Not sure if this will change resale value. However, there may be a few years for TIC to build the retail center. It is also possible that they change the plan before construction, the public hearing is the chance for these residents to voice their concerns.

Thanks for all this info. Yes the part you mentioned about impact on monterey homes adjoining Trabuco  is what got my attention
initially from your map. Actually don't know if that is a real bad thing or a good convenience. I guess depend on how they build the
shopping center.

lcms2002 said:
waitin4ever said:
gets built.

lcms2002 said:
PA 40 was originally designed for Spectrum 8 (like Irvine Spectrum) for business/office use. The plan was changed few times, and residential was added to the north of Sand Canyon Road. It seems now that Spectrum 8 is totally out of the picture, only a pocket of the land is labeled for that mixed use and a day care center.

The retail center is also marked on Irvine zoning map, not sure what kind of shopping center it will be. It may have some impact on Sonoma in WD and Monterey in WE, especially those units along Sand canyon Road and Trabuco Road. Not sure if this will change resale value. However, there may be a few years for TIC to build the retail center. It is also possible that they change the plan before construction, the public hearing is the chance for these residents to voice their concerns.

Here is the article about PA 40, new village of Irvine,

Key Features and Amenities
of a Balanced Community

The new village in Planning Area 40 will reflect the exceptional planning and
design innovation that make every village in the city of Irvine distinctive. Like
all other residential villages in Irvine, the community will be balanced and
self-contained and offer excellent schools; extensive parks, trails and open space, and
convenient retail centers.
The village?s master plan envisions three districts: District 1 will be a residential village
of fewer than 4,000 housing units; Districts 2 and 3 will be mixed-use areas featuring
retail stores, services and apartments.
Key features and amenities envisioned for the new village include:
?A full range of housing types to provide much-needed homes near jobs as
Irvine?s economic growth continues.
?A newly located middle school to serve students in North Irvine by 2010, as
well as a neighborhood elementary school.
?New parks, trails and open space, including the completion of the southern
segment of the Jeffrey Open Space Trail system.
?A large, central recreation complex that will include the elementary school
and public and private parks.
?A Trabuco Road landscape corridor that will serve as a major entry into the
Orange County Great Park.
?Interchange improvements at Trabuco Road and SR 133.
?Landscape treatment along the Santa Ana (I-5) Freeway to serve as a buffer.
?Integration of existing eucalyptus windrows into the overall plan.
The overall character of the new village will be similar to neighboring Woodbury?,
a traditional community with a small-town feeling that was named America?s Best
Master-Planned Community by the National Association of Home Builders.

Back