Orchard Hills - Vicenza by KB homes

nyc to oc said:
A S said:
Legit949 said:
I've toured Vicenza a few times (For fun, out of my price range) and thought the homes were very nice! What stood out to me were a couple homes in future phases that had lots of approx 10,000 sqft. If I remember correctly, I was told the lot premium would be around 75k or so? Not sure if you have children, but Irvine built an awesome lighted trail that connects all the homes in the Groves directly to Orchard Hills School. Good luck with your venture! You can't go wrong in Orchard Hills.

Yes, you can see the Vicenza lots from the trail and some of those homes have HUGE (by Irvine standards) lots!  The location for Vicenza within The Groves is good, it's not too close to the gate like Saviero/Messina.

Hmm, to me, Vicenza has the worst location. Too far to walk to the school/Settler's park and shopping center (which you can from Saviero, Messina and La Vita).  Not that close to the Resort community center (which is a strong point of Capella, Trevi and Amelia) , and right by the Toll Road.  There's no direct entry to the central trail from Vicenza. You have to walk to Saviero and enter from there. Saviero and Messina location is fine. Just don't buy one of the houses backing to Settler's right by the entry gate (only applies to a few houses in each of those tracts)

i agree that it does seem somewhat far from the resort as well as settlers park.  not sure where the trail is.  it's also the closest to the toll roads, with some of the homes backing directly to it.  doesn't seem particularly loud, but still not sure whether this would make a difference.

I'm not 100% sure, but I hike the Orchard Hills Trail to the Groves Resort Park quite often and I believe there will be a trail head from Vicenza. The trail head is currently in a construction zone that should open once future homes are built...I'd ask the sales office for confirmation.

Legit949 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I hike the Orchard Hills Trail to the Groves Resort Park quite often and I believe there will be a trail head from Vicenza. The trail head is currently in a construction zone that should open once future homes are built...I'd ask the sales office for confirmation.

thanks.  i think the sales office said they were waiting for irvine company to approve the trail to extend down to vicenza.  which community do you live, and how do you like orchard hills?

I live in Terrazza. I bought a Plan 2X in an early phase and love everything about the home, community, neighbors and the feel of the surroundings. I remember in the early 2000's the Irvine Spectrum had a store that showed and provided information for all upcoming and current communities in Irvine/Newport. At that time, they had the Orchard Hills Community on the map and I became interested then. So far, I haven't been disappointed. It's very unique and nothing else really like it in Irvine North of the 405. If I had 1 complaint, I wish the kids in Terrazza/Parts of Strada and the Groves attended Northwood High. Not so much for the academics, more so for the location. Beckman High in itself is very strong in Academics and Athletics and I have no doubt, Orchard Hills School and Beckman HS will continue to be strong with the kids from Orchard Hills feeding into the schools. I pan to be here for another 20 years raising my family....

ps9 said:
Vicenza_zpsnzd4c4fp.jpg

^^^ This home,  20 Shadybend listed back in May 2015 was asking $1.79M.

Now the home next door, 22 Shadybend is only asking $1,669,585. 

I'm wonder what's the deal here with this home since it has been on the market for 148 days.  $1.67M for a 4000 s.f. home sounds like a decent deal.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/22-Shadybend-92602/home/105135718

lnc said:
ps9 said:

^^^ This home,  20 Shadybend listed back in May 2015 was asking $1.79M.

Now the home next door, 22 Shadybend is only asking $1,669,585. 

I'm wonder what's the deal here with this home since it has been on the market for 148 days.  $1.67M for a 4000 s.f. home sounds like a decent deal.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/22-Shadybend-92602/home/105135718

20 shadybend was a phase 1 home.  the 1.79M i'm sure included some upgrades.  the one currently listed, 22 shadybend, is a phase 13 home, the very last phase.  It is currently a dirt lot next to the sales office parking lot.  The 1.67M is the base price.  So yes, you can get a that home for 1.67, but with no upgrades and no landscaping.  It will not look anything like the pictures in the listing unfortunately.

Something tells me they would be very flexible with negotiations onthat lot.  Like maybe $1.55M serious offer when the project wraps up.  It is a very nice house.

MFWIC said:
Something tells me they would be very flexible with negotiations onthat lot.  Like maybe $1.55M serious offer when the project wraps up.  It is a very nice house.

looks like 22 shadybend is now sold.  7 homes left + 3 models, all but one on shadybend and only one that doesn't back settlers.  model pricing is around $2.3M which seems a bit high to me.

Back