Orchard Hills - Vicenza by KB homes

Whoa I just read the description that says they spent over $50k for the backyard Landscaping...

No wonder it looks so amazing.

2m5zfih.jpg

really a far cry from what a model home looks like to what your home actually will look like when it's decorated and furnished by a normal person.

Attachments

• genMid.AR16097124_19_0.jpg
    genMid.AR16097124_19_0.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 244
So sloppy!  They couldn't spend a few mins in each room aligning the window treatments, straightening the bath towels, clearing the laundry room?

abosch00 said:
really a far cry from what a model home looks like to what your home actually will look like when it's decorated and furnished by a normal person.

Far cry from model home is an understatement!

And I'd much rather have a smaller backyard with privacy over a larger one like this with about 5 homes looking down on you - 3 from back, 2 from the side. That's my personal preference.
I'm surprised that this caliber of home was not staged properly. They don't seem very motivated to me. More like let's just put it on sale and see if anyone bites

Irvine Dream said:
Paris said:
abosch00 said:

Far cry from model home is an understatement!
I wonder where the $150K in upgrades went
Probably (over)paid the builder for the flooring, bathroom mirrors, ceiling beams and maybe paint, added in a cabinet upgrade and then blew $50K on the backyard.

For the $50K they could have taken out the driveway and had either (or maybe both) a water feature and built in bbq.

seems like these are not selling that well.  anyone have any insights why vicenza has many unsold homes while saviero seems to be sold out?

dethman said:
seems like these are not selling that well.  anyone have any insights why vicenza has many unsold homes while saviero seems to be sold out?

Slow but prob still better than Saviero since Vicenza (and Messina) are already on to their second phase construction

considering some of this new construction, the new phases seem to be selling pretty briskly. even checked out a lot we like. still seem a bit overpriced though by about 70-80K IMO.  seems like not a lot of people on this board like the plans much, nor KB home in general?

dethman said:
considering some of this new construction, the new phases seem to be selling pretty briskly. even checked out a lot we like. still seem a bit overpriced though by about 70-80K IMO.  seems like not a lot of people on this board like the plans much, nor KB home in general?

Vicenza Plan 1 is my favorite house in all of Orchard Hills, the layout is great (and I'm probably influenced by the staging).  It's too much house for me though, I would end up having empty bedrooms.

I've toured Vicenza a few times (For fun, out of my price range) and thought the homes were very nice! What stood out to me were a couple homes in future phases that had lots of approx 10,000 sqft. If I remember correctly, I was told the lot premium would be around 75k or so? Not sure if you have children, but Irvine built an awesome lighted trail that connects all the homes in the Groves directly to Orchard Hills School. Good luck with your venture! You can't go wrong in Orchard Hills.

dethman said:
What is the current base price?  Try offering 80K less then and see if they will bite or ask them to include $80K worth of upgrades to avoid post-close upgrade hazzles.  It still has competition from Messina, Future Saviero, and quick move-ins at Amelia and not to mention Silvermist (probably much cheaper than Vicenza now), Legend (probably cheaper per sq ft), and Juniper with large lots in BP

Legit949 said:
I've toured Vicenza a few times (For fun, out of my price range) and thought the homes were very nice! What stood out to me were a couple homes in future phases that had lots of approx 10,000 sqft. If I remember correctly, I was told the lot premium would be around 75k or so? Not sure if you have children, but Irvine built an awesome lighted trail that connects all the homes in the Groves directly to Orchard Hills School. Good luck with your venture! You can't go wrong in Orchard Hills.

Yes, you can see the Vicenza lots from the trail and some of those homes have HUGE (by Irvine standards) lots!  The location for Vicenza within The Groves is good, it's not too close to the gate like Saviero/Messina.

Legit949 said:
couple homes in future phases that had lots of approx 10,000 sqft. If I remember correctly, I was told the lot premium would be around 75k or so?
$75K premium for a 10,000 sq ft lot is well spent investment in Irvine if you can afford it.

we are primarily interested in plan 2 or 3.  i'd like at least 4 bedrooms + office/5th bed + loft and those provide that.  plan 2 has the added benefit of a master sitting/retreat area.  we would add the conservatory.  base price right now is about 1.63 to 1.65 depending on the lot.  some have preselected options up to 40-50K already.  not a lot of homes left, the lots range from 5300 to 6300 sqft now.  they have a couple of quick move ins, but they have the dreaded '14' address which is why they can't sell.  the sales agent seemed eager to move the quick move ins, asked us to 'make an offer' but we are looking at lot where they just poured the foundation and they have a few selected upgrades already.  i think they would be much less eager to negotiate on that particular lot i think?

i rarely see anyone there, but the sales guy said 'i have 7 contracts to write up it's so busy'.  not sure if he's just BSing me or what.

A S said:
Legit949 said:

Yes, you can see the Vicenza lots from the trail and some of those homes have HUGE (by Irvine standards) lots!  The location for Vicenza within The Groves is good, it's not too close to the gate like Saviero/Messina.

Hmm, to me, Vicenza has the worst location. Too far to walk to the school/Settler's park and shopping center (which you can from Saviero, Messina and La Vita).  Not that close to the Resort community center (which is a strong point of Capella, Trevi and Amelia) , and right by the Toll Road.  There's no direct entry to the central trail from Vicenza. You have to walk to Saviero and enter from there. Saviero and Messina location is fine. Just don't buy one of the houses backing to Settler's right by the entry gate (only applies to a few houses in each of those tracts)

Back