Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

60 Quarterhorse is very well done. Compared to the model  the other difference is the school district -- model is in IUSD/ Northwood high and the resale house is in TUSD -- will this play in resale pricing?

sky949 said:
60 Quarterhorse is very well done. Compared to the model  the other difference is the school district -- model is in IUSD/ Northwood high and the resale house is in TUSD -- will this play in resale pricing?

Of course, the only question is how much of a premium can a nearly identical Strada lot/plan command in IUSD vs TUSD?

Irvine Fanatic said:
Another resale for Strada just popped up. This one is even more than 60 Quarter horse with a smaller lot  :eek:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Quarter-Horse-92602/home/109734746
This one has a significantly lower price-per-square-foot.
60 Quarter Horse: $637/sqft
51 Quarter Horse: $535/sqft

I always wondered why TIC didn't build a glass fence for the homes at the end of the cul-de-sacs at Strada. Such a shame. 51 Quarter Horse could have fetched $1.6M, had TIC made it an actual view lot.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Another resale for Strada just popped up. This one is even more than 60 Quarter horse with a smaller lot  :eek:

This lot (4,500 sq ft) is actually pretty big for Strada. The rear set-back isn't impressive because much of that square footage is in the front yard and side yards.

Gotta love that conservatory nobody knows what to do with - makes your couch placement in the living room look awkward. But at least you increase your square footage! Who cares about aesthetics?

Pretty nice house...would be nicer if they didn't do the stupid conseravtory (backyard would have been more reasonable). I agree with others, don't get why they didn't do a "clear" fence or at least have a see through fence.  That said, given the small overall yard, It looked like a nicely done house in general and I thought they did an effective job on the landscaping (wasn't some cheapo job or anything).  Price is high. 

Bullsback said:
Pretty nice house...would be nicer if they didn't do the stupid conseravtory (backyard would have been more reasonable). I agree with others, don't get why they didn't do a "clear" fence or at least have a see through fence.  That said, given the small overall yard, It looked like a nicely done house in general and I thought they did an effective job on the landscaping (wasn't some cheapo job or anything).  Price is high.

I always wondered, if yard space is so desired but limited on new home builds, why build out the conservatory and take away from the yard? Is home sqft rank higher than yard space?

I always thought that conservatory was a perfect place for a Baby Grand Piano or a kid's play area.  I think it's a good addition as Great Room is just big open box.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Bullsback said:

I always wondered, if yard space is so desired but limited on new home builds, why build out the conservatory and take away from the yard? Is home sqft rank higher than yard space?
For a lot of people, yes, many buyers filters by home sq ft and not lot size (unless you're a baller and look at both)
Even if the conservatory wasn't there, the lot size is still the same, but smaller home size, and we're talking maybe 200 sq ft of open yard feel

Irvine Fanatic said:

Is it just me, or do you hear Trump's voice when reading real estate sales folks' MLS descriptions now? They're loud, shouting in caps, with horrible grammar and spelling, making extraordinarily exaggerated patently false claims. Maybe it's just me...

"QUIET INSIDE LOCATION ON END OF CUL-DE-SAC STREET WITH SIGNIFICANT CITYLIGHT VIEW HOME * * BEST LOT FROM STRADA TRACT IN UPSCALE COMMUNITY OF ORCHARD HILLS * * MOST POPULAR PLAN 2 WITH CONSERVATORY ROOM OPTION * * HIGHLY UPGRADED GORGEOUS HOME WITH BEAUTIFULLY LANDSCAPED * * OWNER SPENT OVER $250,000 FOR UPGRADES * * IT SHOWS BETTER THAN A MODEL HOME * *"

Irvine Fanatic said:
Bullsback said:

People always talk about wanting a large yard but the truth is that most irvine buyers place a premium on living space vs yard space.  Almost universally buyers choose the conservatory in new builds vs a california room.   

An unupgraded cali room will essentially add nothing to your home's value as it makes very little difference in how large your yard is.  Someone serious about looking for  bigger yard will just look for a home with a larger lot.  A 12x15 interior conservatory space however at 450/sqft adds over $80k! to your home's value when comes time to sell.  As value goes it's a no brainer even if it's useless space.

The conservatory isn't "useless" space. You can find something to do in it. It's just awkward space, that almost always makes the great room look a bit off.

For those of us who buy our houses for enjoyment, and not as investments, you have to decide which space adds more value to your household.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Bullsback said:

It's open to debate but I find on homes with shallow setbacks, the conservatory makes it seem even smaller.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Larksong-92602/home/103690158
This resale is a prime example: even without the conservatory the home is 6000 sq ft, but they opted for the conservatory instead of the CA room and got another 2-300 sq ft. However they lost the 'setback' from the CA room. The yard has a slope and it doesn't match the rest of the home at all as far as what you'd expect for a home of that size at that price. I think in this case it hurts the seller. But as with everything it depends on one's priorities and preferences.

AW said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
Bullsback said:

For a lot of people, yes, many buyers filters by home sq ft and not lot size (unless you're a baller and look at both)
Even if the conservatory wasn't there, the lot size is still the same, but smaller home size, and we're talking maybe 200 sq ft of open yard feel

I can understand making the trade off for small yard but maximizing interior space at a price point about 1 million or below. But its ridiculous at an asking price of  1.5M.

By the way, from a pure investment perspective, I agree conservatory is worth its money. I don't happen to think the conservatories in the Strada floorplan were the right fit and I prefer those "conservatories" that are more natural add-ons (almost like a true flex room that could double as a dining room or whatever you want it).  Ones you can truly see how they can be leveraged (there are floorplans where conservatories are really nice...other ones, I look at them and they just don't flow right and kind of ruin the floorplan.  I think the general theme I got from talking to various builders was it is probably 60/40 with more leaning to conservatories but not like a massive amount. 

It also probably depends on the house, if you are looking at a 1750sq ft place and there is an option for a 250 sq foot upgrade, that can be a much bigger deal vs. a 3000 sq ft house with an extra 250 ft. 

Goriot said:
aquabliss said:
Check out the side yard on this baby:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/60-Quarter-Horse-92602/home/109734609

Nicely done though, both inside and out.  The 6 huge olive trees in the back yard alone probably cost around $15k.

Investments in expensive Olive Trees paid off.  Went pending.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/60-Quarter-Horse-92602/home/109734609

Nice. With this house selling anywhere near asking, and the last few phases closing escrow over the next couple months, comps are looking very good at Strada.

The one pending is TUSD.  Thus, no noticeable TUSD discount observed yet.  Although, his yard (6,044 sqft) is definitely an outlier for IP homes.

Back