Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

On our open-studs walk-through, we were told we're the first Strada buyers opting for the free-standing tub. Is this true? Has anyone else upgraded to this? This was one of our must-haves.

I was impressed with Juniper BP, because the free-standing tub in the master is standard. It should be in these price ranges.

Those freestanding tub are pretty cool. Isn't that a $6k option?  And that's probably why not many people opt for it. 

BTW, IP let people do the open-stud (pre-drywall) walk through now?  Or this is just a casual construction site visit?

lnc said:
Those freestanding tub are pretty cool. Isn't that a $6k option?  And that's probably why not many people opt for it. 

BTW, IP let people do the open-stud (pre-drywall) walk through now?  Or this is just a casual construction site visit?

It's $4,800 at Strada. IP offers this walk-through pre-drywall, at least at Strada.

I was also told, that our phase is the first to include certain code requirements, like a recirculating button on both levels to conserve water (eliminates running water to get hot water).

Perspective said:
I was also told, that our phase is the first to include certain code requirements, like a recirculating button on both levels to conserve water (eliminates running water to get hot water).

I wish my house had this. We waste so much water every day running water to get hot water.

paperboyNC said:
Perspective said:

I wish my house had this. We waste so much water every day running water to get hot water.

Save it in a bucket and use it to water your plants.

About to do our final walk thru. Does anyone have any tips on what to look out for? I remember once reading to make sure the toilets flush....... Really ;)

Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks everyone

OC_medicine said:
About to do our final walk thru. Does anyone have any tips on what to look out for? I remember once reading to make sure the toilets flush....... Really ;)

Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks everyone
Yes, bring your home inspector with you. 

paperboyNC said:
Perspective said:

We feel the same way.  It takes 60-90 seconds to get warm water, and we've been told by the builder's plumbing contractor that retrofitting a recirculating pump for the entire house is not practical.

irvine buyer said:
paperboyNC said:
Perspective said:

We feel the same way.  It takes 60-90 seconds to get warm water, and we've been told by the builder's plumbing contractor that retrofitting a recirculating pump for the entire house is not practical.

Actually retrofitting a recirculating pump with tank water heater is pretty easy  and work very well.  The issue is with the tankless water heater.

Some recirculation pump can't creates adequate flow to operate the tankless heater's flow switch, won't turn on the burner so it won't work. 

Also I though all the IP homes already have water recirculating system.  May be not on all the bathrooms but for the IP homes in CV,  there's a control knob under the master bathroom's sink.

Attachments

• instant hot water.JPG
    instant hot water.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 155
Perspective said:

I think most of the Strada homes have this -- ours has them and we are a few phases before -- I definetely know we have it in the master bath -- not sure if we were shown in the first floor also or not during the pre drywall walk through.

sky949 said:
Perspective said:

Are you guys moved in?

I think most of the Strada homes have this -- ours has them and we are a few phases before -- I definetely know we have it in the master bath -- not sure if we were shown in the first floor also or not during the pre drywall walk through.

TJinOH said:
sky949 said:
Perspective said:

Are you guys moved in?

We're not in yet - not until December. The good news is, our Stage 4 deadline is this week and we've made it through all of the design decisions agreeing on nearly everything. It's somewhat comforting spending so much on upgrades knowing that current base pricing keeps increasing.

We visited the models on Sunday evening around 5 pm. It was 100 degrees, yet the Strada parking lot was full, with cars parked on the street. The sales office was crazy busy.

OHills said:
Do you know how much the base model 3 and 3xs are going for now?

I don't know exactly, but for Plan 3s it was $1,185,000 in Phase 15, and a Plan 3X in Phase 20 was priced at $1,247,900. It's not a big lot, but it does face the park. I think Phase 21 is the next release. I'd guess a Plan 3 base price is ~$1.2M in the next release, with anything greater than a 10' setback carrying a premium.

So are strada plan 3s now similarly priced to the comparable Capella plan? What was the spread for phase 1?

Perspective said:
bones said:
So are strada plan 3s now similarly priced to the comparable Capella plan? What was the spread for phase 1?

I think the spread between a Strada Plan 3 (~2,700 sq ft) and a Capella Plan 1 (~2,900 sq ft) is still nearly $200K. Isn't the base price of a Capella Plan 1 nearly $1.4M?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/114-Long-Fence-92602/home/87555355

That house includes full upgraded options (flooring, cabinets, counter tops, + view lot premium/no house back). You can also further negotiate on that listed price. 
Base price for Capella is low $1.3 which is close to Phase 1 so it's getting close to Strada plan 3. 

Goriot said:
Perspective said:
bones said:

I think the spread between a Strada Plan 3 (~2,700 sq ft) and a Capella Plan 1 (~2,900 sq ft) is still nearly $200K. Isn't the base price of a Capella Plan 1 nearly $1.4M?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/114-Long-Fence-92602/home/87555355

That house includes full upgraded options (flooring, cabinets, counter tops, + view lot premium/no house back). You can also further negotiate on that listed price. 
Base price for Capella is low $1.3 which is close to Phase 1 so it's getting close to Strada plan 3.

Isn't that Capella sqft close to ~3,100 sqft while the Strada Plan 3 (with conservatory) ~2,800 sqft? Thats about a 300 sqft difference and at $1.4M (fully upgraded) vs. $1.25M or $1.35 (fully upgrade) seems like a pretty good deal. That would mean a $50K difference for 300 sqft more, view and no one behind....hmmm, interesting  ???

Back