Orchard Hills - Saviero by Taylor Morrison

Plan 3 is fine to me, without the add-ons.

The 5th bedroom can be an office or casita.

You can always do the master balcony yourself.

Adding a deck yourself requires city permit and dealing with contractors.  The 5th bedroom seems awkward to me, having two front doors will annoyed the crap out of me.  At least give the option of tying in the 5th bedroom with the rest of the house. 

I think Saviero made a bad decision by pre-plotting the first 3 phases.  This eliminated the option to convert the tandem garage area to another usable interior space.  Most buyers would of probably optioned out that tandem space to something else if given the choice.

I likes plan 2 and 4 the best at Saviero, but only if the tandem garage was optioned out.  Also, I think their lot premiums are too expensive.  And the location right underneath the playground area of Orchard Hills Middle School is less than desirable cuz of the noise from the school.

I did a search of Orchard Hills on Redfin yesterday and the only homes that popped up for me was 4 Saviero homes.  Saviero is having problems selling these homes.

OCgasman said:
I did a search of Orchard Hills on Redfin yesterday and the only homes that popped up for me was 4 Saviero homes.  Saviero is having problems selling these homes.

I think Taylor Morrison is just a little more eager to list their available home on the MLS.  Currently, Messina, La Vita and Capella also have home available but just not as many as Saviero's.

We were interested in the plan one (I think they only have five total) because we need everything for two people buying their last home downstairs including laundry, master bedroom and back kitchen as well as room for out of state kids to visit but we wanted to see the model and were interested in several structural changes.

They didn't build a model for that home and we STILL can't walk thru the one they are building (which of course is too late for room changes) which leaves at most four more available and we probably missed the cutoff for the next one they are building.

That particular model has many things we wanted to see before plunking down a couple million including changes, upgrades and landscaping for a house that will probably hear traffic from the toll road when we are outside or school noise.

Significant things in our decision and nothing to look at................. so we are still on the fence and most likely won't buy cuz we can't buy one of their very limited homes available if we decide we are ok with the house/noise.

lnc said:
OCgasman said:

I think Taylor Morrison is just a little more eager to list their available home on the MLS.  Currently, Messina, La Vita and Capella also have home available but just not as many as Saviero's.

Capella has 2 left to sell in earlier phases (both plan 3s),  phase 4 (6homes) is all on hold for people (let's see how many are actually successful purchases) but they're getting ready to open up phase 5 in 2 weeks or so

That particular model has many things we wanted to see before plunking down a couple million including changes, upgrades and landscaping for a house that will probably hear traffic from the toll road when we are outside or school
[/quote]

I don't think you can hear the toll road traffic from Saviero...yes you can hear it right outside of the sales office of Vicenza..

Toll road is not an issue and as long as you don't get the lots right next to the school you should be okay.  At least school shuts down on weekends and holidays.

10427330_852851058066599_8179867126233019230_n.jpg

Ok figured it out, here's what I don't like about plan 3:  See the door on the left?  That's the front door.  So when you enter the house, you enter into the Great Room.  There's no 'build up' like a $1.6 million house should have.  This is the detached condo entrance and it somehow made it into a 3900 sq ft home. 

If they can enclose the entry porch area, you'll have a less abrupt entrance and also be able to connect the doghouse bedroom 5 with the rest of the house and not worry about "Whats behind door number 1 door number 2 scenario" for your guests as they walk up.  But then you'l be entering into a wall, that also sucks. 

3_zpscee54099.jpg

14 Fairview is on a 9800 sq ft trapezoid lot.  Wish the floorplan was not Reversed.  I like the game room idea, and it would've been nice to have it closer to the big side yard.  Can't be sure, but there seems to be a slope in the backyard as well, so not true 9800 lot.

4a_zps8a53d527.jpg

4_zpsb0210aa5.jpg

You're right, not true 9800 cuz of the slope but still huge.  But that lot premium is $100k vs the phase before.  The reversal is actually better for that lot cuz you enter the house from the side with the bigger side yard.  That side yard becomes continuous with the back yard, so if you're having a big ass outdoor party, guests can just walk directly to the back yard without going through the house.  But there is a safety issue as anyone can walk to the backyard through the side if you don't lock the front gate.

I actually like this floor plan quite a bit.  Jr master downstairs is nice or the game room as modeled.  The issue is that this lot was pre-plotted so you have to take the tandem garage, no option to make the tandem into a prep kitchen, larger jr master, or craft room.  Also the game room option is unavailable as it's plotted for a jr master.  I think this is why it hasn't sold yet...and the price is crazy expensive.

ps9 said:
14 Fairview is on a 9800 sq ft trapezoid lot.  Wish the floorplan was not Reversed.  I like the game room idea, and it would've been nice to have it closer to the big side yard.  Can't be sure, but there seems to be a slope in the backyard as well, so not true 9800 lot.

4a_zps8a53d527.jpg

4_zpsb0210aa5.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
Tandem garage > any option.

Take back your manhood!!!!
Lol, I think most ppl would prefer more indoor space, but really depends on how many toys you have that need storage.  I don't have a lot of stuff that needs garage storage and most things can be places in the storage rack from the ceiling I installed.

Back