Orchard Hills - Corte Bella by Irvine Pacific

thelandofnoland said:
Corte Bella is on build-out already?!? That was fast.

25yziuf.jpg

Does anybody have the prices for the 5 homes on the Stallion cul-de-sac? They all have this well-known view:

29az7zp.jpg

I drove by this weekend, looks like they're all built out!  Maybe 20 exteriors are still being worked on, but all the houses have been constructed.  Corte Bella went up quick!  I wonder what is the split between investors versus residents.

The Strada sales person said Strada is the best selling community within OH, I wonder based on what parameter.  Wouldn't it be Corte Bella, since they're already at built out within a year of launch?

I don't think they're built out yet. The sales office and parking lot still haven't been demolished.
Went there last week and the saleslady said they weren't going by phase anymore.
Also, according to the site map in the sales office, the lots at the end of Stallion haven't been released yet

JLin said:
I don't think they're built out yet. The sales office and parking lot still haven't been demolished.
Went there last week and the saleslady said they weren't going by phase anymore.
Also, according to the site map in the sales office, the lots at the end of Stallion haven't been released yet

Oh, that's right, the area by the model homes is still open.  So, how many lots are left?  Their pace is very impressive!  If only Terrazza could pick up its pace...

ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone have the price list for the final phase homes and model homes? Thanks.

They have a plan one on sale (40k drop) for $799K. The yard is even tinier looking than the model. I'm guessing the owner dropped out because the street number is 144 (44 meaning dying 2x).

The zero lot lines at Corte Bella is ridiculous. Your entire exterior home is your neighbor's wall. It's incredibly stupid to think you cannot access your home's exterior and that you're basically at the mercy of your neighbor. I peaked over the fence and saw neighbors putting up plants along the side with stakes leaning against the neighbor's home. Let the lawsuits fly in the coming years. But the builder would have been long gone, laughing all the way to the bank with their billions.

soysen said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone have the price list for the final phase homes and model homes? Thanks.

They have a plan one on sale (40k drop) for $799K. The yard is even tinier looking than the model. I'm guessing the owner dropped out because the street number is 144 (44 meaning dying 2x).

The zero lot lines at Corte Bella is ridiculous. Your entire exterior home is your neighbor's wall. It's incredibly stupid to think you cannot access your home's exterior and that you're basically at the mercy of your neighbor. I peaked over the fence and saw neighbors putting up plants along the side with stakes leaning against the neighbor's home. Let the lawsuits fly in the coming years. But the builder would have been long gone, laughing all the way to the bank with their billions.

Yeah, its not as much of an issue when the plants are young. But wait 10-20 years and the roots get bigger. I've looked at too many resale homes with that issue.  Trees even right up against their neighbor's house/wall, roots likely growing under the foundation. And the poor sap probably doesn't even know, unless they're trespassing into the yard to check.

soysen said:
ChasingRainbows said:

Wow, dying two times is terrible. That's much worse than dying once. Do FS followers believe they're not going to die?

qwerty said:
@soysen - why would the builder be liable for a neighbor messing up the neighbors wall?

Builders wouldn't be liable of damages, just guilty of extreme greed in setting up some poor homeowner for a world of hurt in the future.

soysen said:
qwerty said:
@soysen - why would the builder be liable for a neighbor messing up the neighbors wall?

Builders wouldn't be liable of damages, just guilty of extreme greed in setting up some poor homeowner for a world of hurt in the future.

The owners are the idiots who fuel the greed by contuining to buy this shit. If they didn't buy it the builders would sell it.

soysen said:
qwerty said:

no one's forcing anybody to buy anything. whoever buys a zero lot line property is well aware its zero lot, or should be, and what the ramifications are.  If it bothers a buyer enough, then just look somewhere else, including OUTSIDE of Irvine if budget necessitates. The builders are going to try and get away with as much as they can. If people would vote with their feet and not buy crappy product, then maybe builders wouldn't keep offering it. Like Capella and its small lots. I hope Capella's difficulty selling sends a message to Taylor Morrison that they have hit and exceeded the absolute minimum lot that buyers are willing to put up with at a certain price point.

qwerty said:
soysen said:
qwerty said:

The owners are the idiots who fuel the greed by contuining to buy this shit. If they didn't buy it the builders would sell it.

Few rich FCB idiots to ruin it for the rest of us. I still blame greedy builders though. I believe corporations have a duty other than chasing money to do what's right. It's sadly, a stupid thing to believe in.

nyc to oc said:
soysen said:
qwerty said:

no one's forcing anybody to buy anything. whoever buys a zero lot line property is well aware its zero lot, or should be, and what the ramifications are.  If it bothers a buyer enough, then just look somewhere else, including OUTSIDE of Irvine if budget necessitates. The builders are going to try and get away with as much as they can. If people would vote with their feet and not buy crappy product, then maybe builders wouldn't keep offering it. Like Capella and its small lots. I hope Capella's difficulty selling sends a message to Taylor Morrison that they have hit and exceeded the absolute minimum lot that buyers are willing to put up with at a certain price point.

Is it too much to ask for these builders that are already making so much money, to at least think about the poor homebuyers a little? dont bullder care about their products? Their honor? Doing what's right? Or is it purely about greed and taking advantage of people whenever they can? Is this truly how people should think and live?

Looks like the remaining plot can allow for 6 more homes.  These really went up fast, less than 2 years from grand opening to completion.

Back