Orchard Hills - Corte Bella by Irvine Pacific

I'll put it to you guys this way....I'm getting a call from all the sales offices that I signed up buyers at back in June once a week.  I sense that sales aren't going well.

Just went today to check out Corte Bella models.

Release 3 home 40 - 46

Plan 1: $811,000 (4 units avail from 811k - 831k)
Plan 2: $877,000 sold out
plan 3: $885,500 sold out

next release is 1st week of Sept.

when I went there today little after lunch, one family was exiting.  While we were there no one else was in sight.  A coulee of folks walked in when I was leaving.  All sales people were very unenthusiatic.  A lady asked me if I were pre qualified.  I said we are just started looking.  Shesaid "oh you are just on interest list..."  then she just walked away.  When said thank you as I was leaving and none of three sales folks bothered to even come out of their office.

I think plan 2 and 3 are selling ( not sure like hot cakes but they were gone)  however 2 plan 1 homes from previous releases were still not selling.  They still got 77 home sites.  They sold 32 in like 4 months?  So at this rate it will take about 10 more months to sell everything with holidays and winter breaks included.

Overall other models in non gated OH weren't very busy.  We didn't bother with TBD sites.

I don't understand why you'd pay $875K plus upgrades, landscaping, etc. (let's say $950K total) for a Plan 3 in OH when you can buy a virtually identical home for $750K in Portola Springs or $850K in Stonegate.

Location wise, Orchard Hills is just as remote as Portola Springs unless you work or drive regularly to the northwest side of Irvine.

Woodbury seems to have more resort-like amenities than Orchard Hills. I just don't see it. I believe this is on the non-gated side as well.

WTTCMN said:
paperboyNC said:
I don't understand why you'd pay $875K plus upgrades, landscaping, etc. (let's say $950K total) for a Plan 3 in OH when you can buy a virtually identical home for $750K in Portola Springs or $850K in Stonegate.

Location wise, Orchard Hills is just as remote as Portola Springs unless you work or drive regularly to the northwest side of Irvine.

Woodbury seems to have more resort-like amenities than Orchard Hills. I just don't see it. I believe this is on the non-gated side as well.

I agree.  I think Whistler has a Plan 1 available for $960k fully upgraded.  Upgrades look nice too.  Real SFR.  Real street.  Real driveway.  IUSD.  Similar amenities to non-gated OH. 

Whistler

Residence 1
Approx. 2,336-2,390 Sq. Ft.
4 Bedrooms
2.5 Bathrooms
2-Car Garage
$959,990

Corte Bella

Residence 3
4 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom
2101 Sq. Ft.
High $800,000's

$877K for 2101 sqft = $417/sqft
$960K for 2336 sqft = $411/sqft

bones said:

Did Bones really go through 2,200+ of her posts and edit them by smashing her keyboard?
That is quite impressive and honestly a bit mental....in the meticulous/anal sense of the word.

LOL. Portola Springs is as remote plus right at the foothill of Landfill. Stonegate is a little further but it looks like landfill-gate. PP, well, forget it... 8)
Open a map and do some study...

paperboyNC said:

We are pretty close to signing the contract to purchase a home in Cortebella but we desperately want to know if there are non FCBs buying here. There are so many units for rent (on Zillow) that we are kind of worried.

So is anybody on TI actually buying/already bought a home in Cortebella?

we moved in February. on our row of 6 homes, we know 3 of our fellow neighbors (all are non FCB), but interestingly 2 of the homes appear to be vacant, which I'm guessing are FCB...

SunnyG said:
we moved in February. on our row of 6 homes, we know 3 of our fellow neighbors (all are non FCB), but interestingly 2 of the homes appear to be vacant, which I'm guessing are FCB...

Thanks - That's good to know. We signed the contract a couple days ago and just after, while driving past the home we will be moving into (quick move in), we met one of our neighbors. They seemed nice so that was reassuring..:)

The rumor was some FCB bought 10 properties at CorteBella but I can't seem to confirm it from anyone.  Now days it's hard not to find FCB in IRV in general so mind as well get used to it. 

I myself is schedule to move in few days and excited to be part of the beautiful community at OH.

Newbie@CorteBella said:
The rumor was some FCB bought 10 properties at CorteBella but I can't seem to confirm it from anyone.  Now days it's hard not to find FCB in IRV in general so mind as well get used to it. 

I myself is schedule to move in few days and excited to be part of the beautiful community at OH.

I heard that about Strada - an FCB bought (or wanted to buy) a whole street lol.

It is a beautiful neighborhood isn't it? We are excited to move in too!

its interesting to see the difference between the buyers at Strada/Corte belle, etc at orchard hills and the buyers at Hidden Canyon. the orchard hills folks sound like actual buyers and the Hidden Canyon folks sound like shills.

qwerty said:
its interesting to see the difference between the buyers at Strada/Corte belle, etc at orchard hills and the buyers at Hidden Canyon. the orchard hills folks sound like actual buyers and the Hidden Canyon folks sound like shills.

The type of concerns and insecurities expressed by Strada/Corte Bella buyers on this forum sure as heck won't be seen from Hidden Canyon "buyers" about Hidden Canyon.  However, the Toll Bros "buyers" can't keep the truth cloaked forever.  Once escrows start close, the identities of the real buyers at Hidden Canyon will be a matter of public record.  The we will see who has more to worry about, Strada buyers or Hidden Canyon buyers.

qwerty said:

really? *off to read the hidden canyon thread* :D

Back