NO Rumor- Irvine Company to tear down Woodbridge Village Center

I'm new to this forum, but I was born and raised here in Woodridge. Been here for 22 years. And I'm wondering what everyone's stance is regarding the upcoming elections...

I can't vote for a fraud (Agran) as well as his panel, yet I can't really find anything regarding Choi's stance on development. Is he the one that wants to tear down the "Center", or is that the Irvine Company. Are the two related?

Some sort of food hall similar to the concept being built at the District sounds great. It could attract locals who choose to use the walking/bike paths. Additionally, a really good anchor store could be Clark's Nutrition. They are based in Palm Desert, but slowly expanding west...their selection is amazing and would be appreciated by all cultures in Irvine.

test said:
rnirvine said:
I was there today, and rather see it renovated than turn into housing. 

Why don't you buy it out and renovate it?  Rather than vote for someone to tell someone else what to do with their property?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11220.msg246363.html#msg246363

Calm down zippy, as I only expressed my opinion.  As I was telling my wife today, it's nothing but wasted land.  I like going there  and would like to see it renovated with cool new businesses, etc... (think Irvine Spectrum) however if I was the owner, I would either sell it or develop it.

I'm not voting for anyone, and I don't lose sleep over what happens next in Irvine.  Too many people with too little to do, so they stress stuff like this.

It would be a shame to lose this center to more housing.  Its location next to the lake and bike paths is like no other in Irvine.  Seems like the Irvine Co. is intent on strangling it to a slow death by not actively leasing the retail space. Then they will turn around and say "see- no one wanted to shop there anyways" so we tore it down.

Same with the other side if the lake.  Miss Waters Restaurant.  Would like to see the center updated but kept as retail.

Here's proposed Woodbridge Village renovation.

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• Wood Bridge Village Center 1.jpg
    Wood Bridge Village Center 1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Wood Bridge Village Center 2.jpg
    Wood Bridge Village Center 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 337
Back