New Listing - Silverleaf Plan 3 detached condo @ Portola Springs (115 Excursion)

Ok after a 60 day escrow we are in the home stretch now...we'll be closing on Monday.

BTB, you might be pleasantly surprised by what the final sales price will be.  :p

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Ok after a 60 day escrow we are in the home stretch now...we'll be closing on Monday.

BTB, you might be pleasantly surprised by what the final sales price will be.  :p

Oh I love surprises!

$868,888 is my guess.

You'll find out Monday afternoon....stay tuned.  ;)

paperboyNC said:
IrvineBug22 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Burn That Belly said:
Was it a FC buyer?

The buyer is financing the purchase, materially more than 20% down though.  ;)
So that is a yes on the FC?

Can't be a cash buyer with financing.

Actually, it can... as long as the cash for the x% down is foreign. :)

An FCB bought one of our homes (had to show us the funds in their foreign account) and they did finance but put more than 20% down.

irvinehomeowner said:
paperboyNC said:
Can't be a cash buyer with financing.

Actually, it can... as long as the cash for the x% down is foreign. :)

An FCB bought one of our homes (had to show us the funds in their foreign account) and they did finance but put more than 20% down.
That's an FFB

FCB = Foreign Cash Buyer
FFB = Foreign Financed Buyer

firsttimehomebuyer said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner...you nailed it.

Got word from escrow earlier this afternoon that we have officially recorded and closed with a sales price of $905,000.  Congrats to both the buyer and seller. 

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
firsttimehomebuyer said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner...you nailed it.

Got word from escrow earlier this afternoon that we have officially recorded and closed with a sales price of $905,000.  Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

$905K is impressive nonetheless.

But do call me when you resale a plan 3 Delano one day. I bet you could take that one to the moon.

Thank you sir, I just "encouraged" all of the buyer agents to have their clients really reach down and come with strong offers over list.  I'll PM you as soon as I get my first Delano or Petaluma resale listing.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
paperboyNC said:

Thank you, credit should also go to the seller for getting the home ready to show during the period that it was on the market.  Our team effort translated to a strong result.

Killin' it as usual.  You know I'll be reaching out when we move up from BTB's fav neighborhood, CVE  ;)

Now that escrow is closed ? gotta give credit where credit is due.  A big thanks to Martin for killing it on our listing.  We originally wanted to list at 800k for a sure thing, and Martin was adamant that we were crazy.  He said we had to go at least 850k and he put his money where his mouth was by setting the target price at that price.  Those who have listed with Martin know this meant he was willing to put his commission at risk.  This was a huge vote of confidence for us, but we were still pretty tentative prior to the property hitting the MLS.  We listed on a Sunday night and set the first showings to begin on Wednesday.  Needless to say, we were shocked when we received our first offer even before the buyer had seen the home in person.  After a ton of private showings and the 2 open houses, we eventually got 7 offers and sent out the counters.  I remember exchanging texts with Martin, and we were joking about the insanity that would have ensued had we gone with my idea to list at 800k.  ?If we had listed at 800k there?d be FCB?s climbing the yard walls or using ladders to get a look into the house?.  Couple days later, he boldly said ?I?m feeling it we have the velocity to get to 900k.?  Since we would never even dream of coming close to that number, I quietly laughed it off, while my wife mumbled ?he must be smoking the good stuff?.  But when we finally received the highest counter of 905k via email, we were absolutely speechless.  And the rest is history. 

For those who are numbers driven, we bought that property for $412/sq ft and sold it for $488/sq ft after 1 year 2 months.  Yes there was some post close upgrades, but raw numbers are right around 18.5% appreciation and this is 2018, not the crazy days of 2013.  $488/sq ft is pretty damn close to Petaluma/San Mateo/Jasmine numbers ? that?s for people who keep track of detached condos throughout the newer, more ?desirable? side of Irvine (EW, SG, and CV).  I know this debate about PS appreciation potential will continue on TI ad naseum, but results speak for themselves.  If we?re gonna use car analogies a la BTB - sure we bought the Hyundai Genesis, but comparing figures I sure can?t see the difference had we bought the BMW (yes, I was also signed up concurrently at Petaluma so I have a pretty good idea what the appreciation in EW would have been based on the few resales they've had). 

In all seriousness, if you want to sell your property for top dollar, look no further than USCTrojan.  The stunning photos, his sage advice, and the performance during multiple offer negotiations were all above and beyond our wildest expectations.  If all you care about is low commissions and try to preach using Redfin/PurpleBricks?err ok go ahead.  Because I can attest that Martin earned every red cent of his commission and gave back so much more.  He has saved us way more than we paid him in commissions already since we started using him as an agent 2 years ago.  Don?t obsess over commissions ? that?s just a tip of the iceberg?ask anyone who has really used him to sell/buy a property in Irvine.  I remember in the past when I would admire various board members (most notably ScubaSteve) getting bidding wars and enjoying way over list closings when they listed with him.  Now I know how that feels first hand using him as our listing agent.  So to answer BTB?s Michael Mei post ? YES, you better believe ?MM is killing it in PS? ? Martin Mania that is and he does it without those ridiculous flyers. 

Burn That Belly said:
So the next big question is, are you moving over to the 'BMW' of Irvine?  ;D

(p.s. Your $488/sqft is impressive for PS, but not as impressive as EW's Delano $520-554/sqft) I still believe if given the chance, MM will kill it in EW. I expect no less than $600+ from MM.

Let's just say you previously called it a Land Rover and leave it at that  ;)

To be fair Delano was not even announced yet when we put down our deposit in June of 2016 plus it's attached so absolutely no go for the wifey.  So I have to stick to an apples to apples comparison with Petaluma Plan 1/2.  And we wouldn't have been able to get the one with the driveway on Rotunda like the one that recently sold for a cool million.  But give it a couple years and I'm sure USC will be making a mockery of the comps over in EW too. 

Burn That Belly said:
So the next big question is, are you moving over to the 'BMW' of Irvine?  ;D

(p.s. Your $488/sqft is impressive for PS, but not as impressive as EW's Delano $520-554/sqft) I still believe if given the chance, MM will bring home $600sq/ft from EW.

I have 2 clients who bought Petaluma driveway homes so those will definitely set some good benchmarks when it comes time to list them.  ;)

Thanks for the kind words Upon9k, I must admit that I didn't think we'd get over $900k (what'd I tell you that my goal was?  $888k?) but with proper "encouragement" to the buyer agents they followed through with strong counters.  An additional tidbit for everyone, the appraisal only came in at $880k but since the buyer was putting over 50% down....no problemo there.  I basically told the buyer agent to not try to renegotiate because we had 6 counters behind her buyer ready to go. 

Back