New Listing - Silverleaf Plan 3 detached condo @ Portola Springs (115 Excursion)

Liar Loan said:
I'm glad to hear the staircase wasn't an issue.  There must be some offsetting good luck somewhere with the house, maybe '888' painted on the curb or something.

While it's a much trumpeted fact that FCB's are a superstitious bunch, people forget there's something they love more - MONEY.  For most FCB's, getting a good deal > Feng Shui mumbo jumbo 90% of the time.  Most times it's just a canned set of excuses they keep in their pockets to get you to lower the price of what you're selling in their favor.

We lived in a neighborhood before that eventually became 85% FCB and ALL the houses had double door front entry opening into guess what - BAM a huge staircase aligned directly to the front.  Didn't stop them from buying out the entire neighborhood under the noses of us local folks.  Don't believe the hype.

upon9k said:
Liar Loan said:
I'm glad to hear the staircase wasn't an issue.  There must be some offsetting good luck somewhere with the house, maybe '888' painted on the curb or something.

While it's a much trumpeted fact that FCB's are a superstitious bunch, people forget there's something they love more - MONEY.  For most FCB's, getting a good deal > Feng Shui mumbo jumbo 90% of the time.  Most times it's just a canned set of excuses they keep in their pockets to get you to lower the price of what you're selling in their favor.

We lived in a neighborhood before that eventually became 85% FCB and ALL the houses had double door front entry opening into guess what - BAM a huge staircase aligned directly to the front.  Didn't stop them from buying out the entire neighborhood under the noses of us local folks.  Don't believe the hype.

+ 1 .  "feng shui mumbo jumbo" :)  so true . I had the same issue w one of my properties -- front door opening all the way to French door so supposedly all the luck and money flows right out ...  initially one FCB used that to bid low but when another buyer popped up at full asking, didn't hesitate a second to match that bid and shorten escrow time. 

fortune11 said:
upon9k said:
Liar Loan said:

+ 1 .  "feng shui mumbo jumbo" :)  so true . I had the same issue w one of my properties -- front door opening all the way to French door so supposedly all the luck and money flows right out ...  initially one FCB used that to bid low but when another buyer popped up at full asking, didn't hesitate a second to match that bid and shorten escrow time.

That's awesome.  I have never heard of feng shui as negotiating leverage before.

In Columbus Grove, KB (I think it was KB?) changed one of their floor plans... and even reconstructed the model home because of the front door leading directly to back door thing.

It was probably a few months into the sales and I noticed that the Plan 3 replaced a sliding backyard door with a window and moved it to a swinging door around the corner (from the nook space) to open up to the backyard.

#FCBPower

It was a good turnout this weekend for the open house, over 40 buyers total.  The fourth offer came in late last night.  I'll be going over all of the offers with the sellers tonight.

I just noticed in picture 14 the clothes in the closet are color coded... wow.

I'm lucky just to get my shirts back on the hanger.

Great to hear!

USCTrojanCPA said:
It was a good turnout this weekend for the open house, over 40 buyers total.  The fourth offer came in late last night.  I'll be going over all of the offers with the sellers tonight.

Got a total of 7 offers and all counters came in.  The seller will sleep on it and then select the buyer in the morning as it was close with a few buyers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got a total of 7 offers and all counters came in.  The seller will sleep on it and then select the buyer in the morning as it was close with a few buyers.
Nice another job well done  8)

Back