Nest Thermostat

irvinehomeowner said:
At least these Power Save Days are forcing us to go the library.

Kids can do homework while I enjoy their AC.

You're kidding, right? Every homeless person in O.C. heads to their county library on hot days for the exact same reason - free A/C. Dirty Dan has no home. Iho has a million dollar home. But neither one can comfortably afford air conditioning. Only in Irvine!!!

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
At least these Power Save Days are forcing us to go the library.

Kids can do homework while I enjoy their AC.

You're kidding, right? Every homeless person in O.C. heads to their county library on hot days for the exact same reason - free A/C. Dirty Dan has no home. Iho has a million dollar home. But neither one can comfortably afford air conditioning. Only in Irvine!!!

You said it not me. Lol

IHO - next time a powersave day rolls around just let me know and leave a $20 bill taped to the backboard at the columbus square baskeball court to cover your AC costs for that day :)

qwerty said:
IHO - next time a powersave day rolls around just let me know and leave a $20 bill taped to the backboard at the columbus square baskeball court to cover your AC costs for that day :)

Looking at the weather forecast, possibly you might have to leave a grip of $20 bills. ;)

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Looking at the weather forecast, possibly you might have to leave a grip of $20 bills. ;)

fine. ill just put tape up a $100 bill.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Throw in another hundred so he can buy an iphone 6. =p

Power Save Days isn't just about saving money, it's about being energy responsible so we don't have rolling blackouts.

But if you 1%ers want to send money my way, I'll take it... ain't too proud to beg.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

That is very generous, but I think a real buddy would take Iho in by inviting him into your home to strip down to his tightie whities, sit on your living room couch, and let the brisk air cool him down.

I can't stand to see a person that I care about suffer like this, down on his luck, living like the homeless, hanging out with Dirty Dan & friends at the library, picking lice off each other's heads. Iho, I'll create a rotation schedule with Qwerty. On even-numbered days, you go to Qwerty's. On odd-numbered days, you come to my house igloo where you will think you've been teleported to Fairbanks, Alaska. Between the two of us, we could at least keep your comfortable until December. Qwerty, he probably doesn't sacrifice gas mileage by running the minivan's A/C either, so, we'll need to work up a transportation schedule as well.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal is confused.

Irvine is not Lake Forest... there are no homeless people in our libraries.

In all seriousness, though -- yes, there are. Like I've mentioned before, I am a county-certified literacy tutor. I've worked out of several libraries for the county, including in Irvine. It's not just an Irvine thing or a L.F. thing... at our meetings, all tutors have said pretty much the same thing about their libraries county-wide. I've seen it for myself, too.

If you won't come to my igloo or Qwerty's, may I suggest Ikea? That's where the Chinese go to escape the heat. They have beds there. You would be more comfortable with all the comforts of home. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urinating-furniture-people-sleeping-want.html

article-2404811-1B7BE6CA000005DC-255_638x431.jpg

BN-DO919_ikea_G_20140707234806.jpg

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/...se-shoppers-penchant-for-catching-zs-in-ikea/

Kids can't do homework at Ikea (well maybe in the cafe) and it's not in Irvine.

You forget the other part of it, the environment is conducive to the kids doing their homework. They have to be quiet and they don't have the distractions they normally do at home.

Only problem is I can't take a nap... or catch up on The Great Food Truck Race.

Since we keep talking about Ikea... when did it become so crowded?

And so many FCBs, I thought they didn't furnish their homes, and even if they did, they don't like building their furniture.

This conversation is making me sentimental about Ikea when it was at the Marketplace. Remember that? I don't know if many people here lived in the area long enough to remember it. I'm sure you remember, Iho. I used to live within walking distance of it on El Camino Real in the late 90s / early 2000s. So convenient. Now we gotta drive to Costa Mesa. Boooo.

Back