NBA 2014-2015

irvinehomeowner said:
If Cleveland wins the Finals, will that change any LBJ critics' minds? Seems like no matter what he does, he won't be better than Kobe or Jordan so trying to convince them is pointless.

I think it's remarkable that Lebron has been to 5 Finals in a row, that last time that happened was 1966. And, with 2 different teams, Kobe didn't do that, nor did Jordan. But I guess based on that argument, James Jones is just as good as LBJ. :)

Yes. Remarkable indeed.
I think the only way to start changing critics mind is to win couple more championships starting with this finals. He is a one man show these series, and everyone was favoring gs to win it all after Irving was done

irvinehomeowner said:
If Cleveland wins the Finals, will that change any LBJ critics' minds? Seems like no matter what he does, he won't be better than Kobe or Jordan so trying to convince them is pointless.

I think it's remarkable that Lebron has been to 5 Finals in a row, that last time that happened was 1966. And, with 2 different teams, Kobe didn't do that, nor did Jordan. But I guess based on that argument, James Jones is just as good as LBJ. :)

Im probably the wrong person to ask since I find LBJ extremely unlikeable so no, winning this finals won't change my ranking of him. But his career isn't ovr yet so time will tell if he is indeed GOAT. Still a ways to go to overtake Jordan in my book.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Im probably the wrong person to ask since I find LBJ extremely unlikeable so no, winning this finals won't change my ranking of him. But his career isn't ovr yet so time will tell if he is indeed GOAT. Still a ways to go to overtake Jordan in my book.

Unlikeable?  He is  saint compared to Kobe and Jordan. 

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yea it's an opinion.  He just rubs me the wrong way.  I'm sure everyone has a few athletes (and people) they feel that way about.  LBJ is one of mine. 

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yea it's an opinion.  He just rubs me the wrong way.  I'm sure everyone has a few athletes (and people) they feel that way about.  LBJ is one of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqXDEPu6v8

@eyephone...yeah that's a lot worse than

1)  A addicted gambler who repeatedly cheated on his wife and was super harsh/punching his teammate

2)  A guy who was accused of raping/sexual assaulting a woman.  He also repeatedly threw his teammates under the bus and mocked them publicly.

Does anyone actually think Lebron was serious when he saying "... not 4, not 5..."?

It was a joke! Why does everyone bring that up? He only had a 4 year contract and age happens... how can someone promise 7 rings?

Irvinecommuter said:

1)  A addicted gambler who repeatedly cheated on his wife and was super harsh/punching his teammate

2)  A guy who was accused of raping/sexual assaulting a woman.  He also repeatedly threw his teammates under the bus and mocked them publicly.

How is any of this relevant? Did you stop watching MJ play bc he cheated on his wife? Did you stop watching Kobe play after the CO incident?  Let's leave the non-basketball stuff out of it. Bc you only know what you know (from the press I assume). Pretty sure there's a lot of stuff you don't know about ANY athlete.

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:

How is any of this relevant? Did you stop watching MJ play bc he cheated on his wife? Did you stop watching Kobe play after the CO incident?  Let's leave the non-basketball stuff out of it. Bc you only know what you know (from the press I assume). Pretty sure there's a lot of stuff you don't know about ANY athlete.

We are not talking about "basketball abilities", we are talking about likability. 

Looks like the fatigue is setting in, LBJ and Delly were gassed.

GSW can't stop Mosgov but that's only 2 points compared to their 3 so they'll still win the race. If Smith and Shump can't hit the 3ball and if Iggy (yaliu!) is hitting his... it's over.

Lbj had a bad game. As in 20 pts and almost a triple double. Unreal.
They just need more rest, I'd like to see this go to game 7

AW said:
Lbj had a bad game. As in 20 pts and almost a triple double. Unreal.
They just need more rest, I'd like to see this go to game 7

LBJ had basically the same game..he just shot less because he was gassed.  They're not going to get more rest because Cavs are only playing 6.5 players.

At least they have more days rest although one is traveling.

My hope is that LBJ upsets GSW again on Sunday and then brings a trophy to Cleveland on Tuesday.

#IHaveADream

Yep. As the series goes longer... it becomes harder for LBJ.

GSW's t-shirt giveaway for the night says it all... "Strength in Numbers".

Back